“Nice pool areas but can do better for the price has some negatives...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld

Offers & Announcements
2X POINTS PACKAGE!
Ranked #65 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Poole, United Kingdom
“Nice pool areas but can do better for the price has some negatives...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Spent 10 days at this hotel, four adults, we had one bedroom suite and a studio.
First impressions were of a very well kept grounds/lobby/pool etc. Rooms are spread over 7 buildings, we were in 'pembroke' house. Checkin was smooth and no problem, but the hotel was very quiet. One bed suite was very large with full kitchen, sofa, seperate bedroom with huge bathroom and jacuzzi bath with nice size balcony. Studio a bit small with fridge, sink and cutlery, bathroom bit on the small side. The main pool area was really nice, two decent size pools and a smaller quieter pool(very unusual for hotels in the idrive area) with a nice pool bar serving cocktails and small menu of basic food such as burgers etc. Free pool towles provided and also table tennis, pool, shuffleboard (all free). Main lobby very nicely kept with free access for boarding card/online flight checkin if required. Free Wifi in all rooms for duration of your stay..... most staff friendly and helpfull, location is pretty good, you can walk to seaworld in about 10/15 mins and there is an Itrolley green stop outside the main reception area, now, the bad points that has resulted in the 3 stars....
Housekeeping; majorly let the property down, some days they didn't come at all, other days turned up at 6pm after we had to call down at 5pm to get fresh towels, which is pretty poor considering the place was dead, i dread to think what it's like in the high season, and it seemed that when they did come all they did was make the bed and change the towels, we noticed that surfaces on the coffee table/bedside tables started getting dusty and we are pretty sure the floors hadn't been vacuumed for the duration of our stay, we also noticed that some of the complimentary toiletries had been used by a previous guest and not changed/refreshed!
Paper thin walls; you can hear the tv and talking of anyone in the room next door, we think this was probably due to the interconnecting door, which was ok for us as our neighbours were part of our family, but i can imagine that if you had a large family with baby/kids next door it could get a bit annoying.
The constant leaving of messages/timeshare calls on the phone!; we ended up unplugging it which sorted that one out.
Entertainment; the hotel advertises 'daily enterntainment' and they do have a film showing every night in thier cinema, but during the evening that is pretty much it, unless you want a drink by the pool. The entertainment seems to go on during the day, which seems to be a bit pointless when the majority of guests are all out at theme parks (which is probably why they are here in the first place!)
Reception; we tried changing travellers cheques and on quite a few occasions were told they could only do $100?! as they didn't have the cash, started getting a bit annoying.

Overall we would say the hotels public areas are very well maintained and levels of service was generally pretty good, but housekeeping and other small problems let the place down a bit, if they could sort out the housekeeping that would make a big improvement.

Room Tip: When booking ask for a 'refurbed room on a high floor' - if you are on a low floor rooms loo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
hiltongrandvacations, General Manager at Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. While we’re pleased to learn your first impressions were very positive and that you found our service levels were generally pretty good, we apologize that our housekeeping services let you down during your stay and assure you we’ll make every effort to use your feedback in a proactive manner moving forward to improve our on-going service delivery.

Peter M. Merrill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (422)
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

This Hilton location is actually a Time Share type of location I believe, in any case they rent some of the suites to the general public. Suite?...actually this was a full functioning apartment with all the comforts of home. Absolutely magnificent apartment, the facility was outstanding the staff excellent, this was just an unforgetable experience....really the hotel was as much a pleasure as the Orlando area attractions.

Room Tip: As long as in this facility all the rooms are GREAT.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We purchased a $26,000 timeshare from this hotel last year. That gave us 5000 points per year (just enough to stay at this hotel for one week in February - but didn't understand that at the time). That also committed us to a $1000 per year "maintenance" fee. We were okay with all of that as we were spending a bunch each year on a house near Disney. Well, once we become owners we realized that we can't always book rooms - even though they are available on 3rd part websites. When I called about this "mistake" I was told that owners get a small portion of the available rooms. Rest of the rooms are open to the general public. When I asked to speak with a supervisor the representative declined to transfer me as "all supervisors are currently busy now and none will be able to help you even if they were free". I have honestly tried to make the most of ownership, and with the use of this property. Reality is it average at best, and you can rent this 3 star hotel for less - any day of the week - for what we paid for it. You will get the same poor to average treatment, and you will not have to pay what we did for the chance of staying. Recommend you save your money and book via 3rd party if you absolutely must stay here. The one thing this hotel is really really good at is saying they are sorry. Had to say one nice thing.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We’re disappointed to learn your initial ownership experience wasn’t consistent with what the vast majority of our Members tell us on a regular basis and would strongly encourage you to contact our Club Member Services Team at 1.800.932.4482 to speak to any of our Vacation Counselors, who are committed to providing excellent customer service and would be more than happy to walk you through the various options you have to maximize the flexibility and related benefits of your ownership.

Belleville, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I recently spent one week at this resort via an RCI exchange after "gifting" a second suite/room to a friend and her two young children. On last minute, I decided to travel to Orlando to spend some time with my friend and her kids. Overall, my stay was alright. However, I've traveled a lot and I think you can do better than this Hilton for the price, especially in the Orlando/Kissimmee area.

The good/best factors:
1) As others have stated, the resort's location is great because it is an extremely short drive to the Rte. 4 "Sea World" Exit (Exit 72...I think) EAST and/or WEST...and the location cannot be beat. The resort is literally right across from the Sea World entrance. I managed to travel from one side to the next, east-west, north-south...all throughout Central Florida without a hitch. Cocoa Beach, Disney, Universal, Discount Outlets/malls, downtown Orlando, Tampa/St. Pete/Clearwater, SEA WORLD (of course) are all within easy reach. Nearby on the corner (it is walkable) is a great 7-11 with a gas station, a SUPER WaWa, Walgreens, CVS, Walmart, etc and many other '"big box stores" where you can find anything you might need, 24/7.

2) Check-in went smoothly enough. Front desk people were kind and friendly. The lobby is nice and very clean. There is a little coffee shop/bistro right off the main lobby, which is a nice touch...handy for a quick coffee or bakery item. The resort also has a small movie theater that features a different movie every night...nice touch.

3) Another major plus is the resort's grounds. Last year, my husband and I stayed at the Hilton Grand on International Drive and IMHO, the grounds at this Hilton are much nicer and quite beautiful. You can take a trail that winds around the on-site lake and it is a very relaxing and beautiful walk. The lake has a resident alligator and a few huge turtles who will surface if you drop oyster soup crackers into the water-smile-lots of fun.

4) The pool area is phenomenol. The area is clean, well-maintained, HUGE and tons of fun. The pool loungers are all clean, new and in no need of repair. The little bistro/bar at the pool area serves some tasty food and the BEST drinks. Sue-Ellen, one of the full-time bar tenders is a sweetheart...a really great gal. Relaxing by the pool, taking in the sun and fun, etc was one of our greatest treats. And unlike the Hilton on International, this Hilton has TONS of regular fun events for the young ones.

5) My bed and all the pillows were really really comfortable! Air conditioning unit operated well and was quiet and comfortable. Very important when visiting Florida in September-lololol.

6) In general, everyone I encountered was friendly, helpful and kind. I LOVE Florida and I LOVE Floridians. I thought the staff and everyone in Central Florida who I met were very helpful, courteous and polite.

Neutral/average/not so great factors:
1) I am kinda fussy and upon entering my room, I immediately noticed that many things seemed a bit dated and sub-par. Noticed this, too when entering our Building, "The St. George" building. The resort is definitely showing its age along with some serious wear 'n tear. Nothing too major but seriously evident. For example, lots of chipped paint all around doors, elevators, closets, etc. Now, my room reaked of "fresh paint" and seemed like it was recently painted. However, the rooms need more than paint. Kitchens are a bit old & dated. Furniture was relatively new but kinda chintzy/cheap-ish. The layers of paint on my door made it impossible to close the "second" security lock. My washer wouldn't open on three occasions, so I was unable to get my clothes out and into the dryer. I DIDN'T WANT TO BOTHER MAINTENANCE, so I hit/tapped/shook/banged the washer and finally got the security latch to release the lid.

2) My room and bathroom were not what I would consider to be "really clean." Shower had some mold in it, which really grossed me out. I found a few long dark hairs in the drawers and in the shower...a few on the bathroom floor. Some towels were a bit thin and in need of replacement...some tiles were chipped on the bathroom floor and in the shower, etc, etc. The shower stall bottom had that "give" to it...you know the feeling...when a shower stall is made with a total liner and not really "tiles?" Also, my one bedroom unit had a very evident layer of dust on all furnishings, which I dusted off with a kitchen towel after entering the room. Again...nothing big but not what I'd expect from a Hilton property.

3) For some reason, my key-card was de-activated on three separate occasions. First time, I traipsed to the Main Office/Lobby and requested a replacement. Second time, ditto. But this resort property is HUGE, so on the third night, I went to my friend's room and requested that security bring the new key to ME! There are workers who run with golf-carts most of the time but I didn't bother to flag one down for a ride (which you can do)...I felt too stupid doing so. Never bothered to figure out why my key kept being deactivated :0(

4) Typical for such resorts, parking is slim and nightmare-ish, especially if you arrive after 9:00 or 10:00 pm when everyone is Disney-ed out and tucked in for the night. Prepare on parking far away from the buildings and walking, walking, walking if you arrive on the late-ish side...9:00 pm?!?!?!?!?.

5) Finally...and it is no big deal...on my second night as I watched television in my bedroom, I received a visitor. Yup...a rather sizeable Palmetto Bug or roach came in for a spell. There he/she was climbing up my bedroom wall. I chalked it up to "this being Florida and bugs will happen." But I gotta admit that it creeped me out for the remainder of my stay. I have traveled extensively to hot & humid climates and I've only encountered one other huge roach in my room...that was in Cancun Mexico. Sadly, the bug is now in "Roach Heaven."

So, apologies for the length of this review but I've tried to give you the good and the bad...all of it truthful. Overall, this is an alright property with some wonderful features. As I stated, it's okay and average. However, for the price you can probably do a bit better in Central Florida/DisneyWorld!!

Room Tip: Try requesting an upper level room in a building that is close to the main lobby and pool areas. Ot...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to post your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay with us and in particular, recognizing the friendly, helpful and kind nature of our dedicated Team Members who bring our resort to life on a daily basis.

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We spent a week at the Hilton Grand SeaWorld in Orlando Florida. The property is nice but the rooms could use a makeover. We had a two bedroom suite which had a seperate entry for the second bedroom and a mini kitchen which was very nice.

They closed down one of the pools one day to clean the decking. We could use the other pool but the sound was deafening.

Go out on the Gazaboo by the lake and feed the turtles. We got a big surprise when an alligator showed up for some bread.

The fitness factilites were okay nothing special. They have a mini market that is pretty well stocked. The restaurant and bar by the pool were nice but the drinks were very expensive. They did allow us to bring our own drinks from our rooms.

If you buy tickets for SeaWorld through them you get a VIP bracelet that allows you to get to the front of the lines. I am not sure if that applies to the other parks.

Overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Summerfield, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Just spent a week at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club SeaWorld. This is a premier place to stay in Orlando. It is just across the street from SeaWorld and equidistant between Universal and Disney. The resort provides free shuttles to SeaWorld and Universal and has shuttles to Disney for $9.00 round trip. This is a bargain. The resort itself has a large pool area near the main building complete with waterfall and pool side restaurant/bar. There is also a smaller pool in the middle of the resort that has no amenities other than a really nice quiet spot to relax. Out unit was large, clean and well equipped. The resort is getting just a bit long in the tooth in some areas where the ongoing renovation has yet to be completed. Our unit had CRT TVs and looked just a bit weary. Some of the buildings have been renovated. However, the resort is one of my favorite spots to spend some time while in Orlando. We have been come here for the past dozen years or so and have never really been disappointed. The staff is remarkable and if you have a problem it will be corrected quickly. There are a number of activities scheduled by the resort for adults as well as children. Many, if not most, use this resort as a springboard to the theme parks. I enjoy it as a destination. I think you will enjoy this resort a great deal.

Ocala, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

A very nice resort, great access to the parks and a beautiful pool. But.... When we arrived at the room, neither my wife or I could get wireless internet access, either on my laptop, or on her ipad or iphone. It took 3 phone calls to the front desk and 2 hours of waiting before we got anyone to come and look at it. The engineers (Who were fantastic by the way, way more than I can say for the front desk) showed up and had to reset the router etc which fixed the problem, but I made the mistake of disconnecting and then couldnt reconnect. Another 2 very p***ed off phone calls and another 2 hours later, the poor old engineers returned and reset the router yet again which fixed it......For precisely 20 minutes........It then dropped off again never to return, so we gave up and spent the night / next day with zero communications with the outside world until we checked out. If you need reliable and fast internet for work for example, do not risk staying at this hotel!! For this day and age in such a high profile facility this problem should not exist at all. Hopeless

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the various high speed internet access issues you experienced during your brief stay with us and while there is obviously nothing we can do to change what you experienced, please rest assured we are our working with BrightHouse Networks, who is our new service provider at the resort, to ensure this type of situation doesn’t repeat itself.

Peter M. Merrill

Been to Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!