Spent 10 days at this hotel, four adults, we had one bedroom suite and a studio.
First impressions were of a very well kept grounds/lobby/pool etc. Rooms are spread over 7 buildings, we were in 'pembroke' house. Checkin was smooth and no problem, but the hotel was very quiet. One bed suite was very large with full kitchen, sofa, seperate bedroom with huge bathroom and jacuzzi bath with nice size balcony. Studio a bit small with fridge, sink and cutlery, bathroom bit on the small side. The main pool area was really nice, two decent size pools and a smaller quieter pool(very unusual for hotels in the idrive area) with a nice pool bar serving cocktails and small menu of basic food such as burgers etc. Free pool towles provided and also table tennis, pool, shuffleboard (all free). Main lobby very nicely kept with free access for boarding card/online flight checkin if required. Free Wifi in all rooms for duration of your stay..... most staff friendly and helpfull, location is pretty good, you can walk to seaworld in about 10/15 mins and there is an Itrolley green stop outside the main reception area, now, the bad points that has resulted in the 3 stars....
Housekeeping; majorly let the property down, some days they didn't come at all, other days turned up at 6pm after we had to call down at 5pm to get fresh towels, which is pretty poor considering the place was dead, i dread to think what it's like in the high season, and it seemed that when they did come all they did was make the bed and change the towels, we noticed that surfaces on the coffee table/bedside tables started getting dusty and we are pretty sure the floors hadn't been vacuumed for the duration of our stay, we also noticed that some of the complimentary toiletries had been used by a previous guest and not changed/refreshed!
Paper thin walls; you can hear the tv and talking of anyone in the room next door, we think this was probably due to the interconnecting door, which was ok for us as our neighbours were part of our family, but i can imagine that if you had a large family with baby/kids next door it could get a bit annoying.
The constant leaving of messages/timeshare calls on the phone!; we ended up unplugging it which sorted that one out.
Entertainment; the hotel advertises 'daily enterntainment' and they do have a film showing every night in thier cinema, but during the evening that is pretty much it, unless you want a drink by the pool. The entertainment seems to go on during the day, which seems to be a bit pointless when the majority of guests are all out at theme parks (which is probably why they are here in the first place!)
Reception; we tried changing travellers cheques and on quite a few occasions were told they could only do $100?! as they didn't have the cash, started getting a bit annoying.
Overall we would say the hotels public areas are very well maintained and levels of service was generally pretty good, but housekeeping and other small problems let the place down a bit, if they could sort out the housekeeping that would make a big improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 33-acre Bermuda-styled resort, Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at SeaWorld puts guests in close proximity to Walt Disney World®, Universal Orlando®, Wet 'n Wild® Orlando and - just across the street - SeaWorld® Orlando. Hilton Grand Vacations Suites at SeaWorld offers comfort and convenience for the entire family. Guests enjoy well-appointed studios, one- and two-bedroom suites, as well as several swimming pools, all-ages recreation and on-site restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Grand Vacations at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Grand Vacations At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Grand Vacations Club Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Orlando Hilton