“A very good stay with the bonus of courtesy airport transfers” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5835 T.G. Lee Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32822 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
RATES FROM $109
Ranked #93 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Surrey U.K
“A very good stay with the bonus of courtesy airport transfers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2011

We stayed here for 2 nights in 2 rooms at the end of February. We chose this hotel because I'd stayed here a couple of years back & it was very good & suited our needs.

This hotel has courtesy transport from Orlando airport & this was a major factor in our decision to stay here as we'd just had a 9 hour flight. I rang for the courtesy transport which arrived within 10 minutes - excellent & the driver very pleasant. As stated in a previous review, the courtesy 'phone is no longer available in the terminal but I had a cell 'phone & had taken note of the number to ring on the booking form. There are public 'phones in the terminal.

Check in was efficient & we were delighted with our rooms, one a king & one double double. Both were very clean & were kept so during our stay & toiletries & teas & coffees etc replenished.

The free happy hour from 5-7pm nightly was a bonus! The manager's special was just nibbles. We had a meal in the restaurant & it was fine & service good.

The breakfasts were excellent value as they were included & the omelette bar great.

The beds were VERY comfy & we slept well. A good idea is having an additional basin in the bedroom so that one person can be using the bathroom (which has a basin), whilst the other uses the one in the bedroom - it makes getting ready a lot quicker .Didn't have time to use the pool & the hot tub but all very clean.

The hotel doesn't have contemporary furnishings but is great value for money, I'd look forward to staying here again.

We used the computers & they worked fine.

The following morning the courtsey bus took me to pick up our hire car from the airport.

Thanks for a great stay at the start of our holiday.

We'd requestedrooms on a higher floor & were given 6th floor so thank you very much.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

We stayed at this hotel the night before a cruise. For the value ($119) and space (room sleeps 6), it could not be beat. The room, however, needs work. I am Hilton diamond and assume I received a better room out of the inventory. It needs a rehab ... Bad. The walls need painting, chair replaced and television reception fixed.
Be aware the planes can be loud but the blankets are soft.

• Stayed March 2011
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

This is our second visit to this hotel, the last one was 3 1/2 years ago. We came back because our first visit was wonderful. Nothing has changed ... the staff is still incredibly friendly, the breakfast is awesome..(love the omelette bar), the rooms are clean and well maintained. The pool is outside and perfectly heated and it's super clean and it's convenient to Disney (about 25 minutes) . And as far as it being by the airport...you'd never know it, the soundproffing must be amazing because in 5 days I never heard an airplane.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
San Jose, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2011

I was dissapointed that no room upgrades were available after speaking with Lindsay while on a layover at DFW that she would ensure it. Here's my observations both good and bad:

Good
The seared tilapia and key lime pie were superb! Excellent airport location with quick shuttle turnaround. They have a memo in the room about their exterior painting project going on.

Bad
Mold noted in bathroom vent, unusual stains noted on desk chair; I suggest from now one you put a towel on all chairs (pictures included). The drinks served in the Manager's Reception were watered down.

Overall, this ES location has room for improvement!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Edinburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

Yer usual airport stuff but I think the rate for the larger room and free breakkie make the ES the best in the Hilton portfolio for airport stays.

We stayed in a conference room suite which was odd as it had a 10 seat board table just off the bedroom - an interesting "breakout" area!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
Uxbridge, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011

At pricing of $189.00/night, it was not worth it. You can hear inside hotel noise as well as outside noise. We flew into Orlando late, and at 7am they let a tour bus sit outside our window and run it's noisy engines for 2 hours!! You can also hear inner court noise from the inside of the hotel. We ate a late dinner with lousy service, waiter kept disappearing! Greasy food, poor quality. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast is included and that was not bad. Not sure why this hotel has higher ratings. If you have ever stayed anywhere nice you would know that this is not!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

I was very disappointed to be woken up by a workman scraping away outside my window on my first morning. Apparently, they are doing a lot work on the exterior of the building. There is scaffolding all over the outside and the pool appears to be closed also. One of the workers told me he was going to be there for at least 2 more months. I asked one of the employees in the hallway why no one warned me of the construction and she said there was supposed to be a letter in the room telling me to keep my curtains closed for privacy. I have stayed there numerous times over the years and this hotel is really going downhill. They no longer are listed on the phones at the airport so you have to figure your own way to get their shuttle. I don't think they vacuumed my room at all while I was there and they also nickel and dime you with a charge to use the wireless internet. Why do they charge for internet at the airport but not at the Embassy by the Convention Center in Orlando? This company needs to get it together.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
mcoat, General Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport, responded to this review, February 10, 2011
Thank you, Aceman500, for your objective review of our hotel during your recent stay. We are currently painting the exterior of our building, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your stay. Our pool is open and no maintenance, other than painting, is occurring on the exterior or interior of our building. We are committed to upholding not only an aesthetically pleasing environment, but a well-maintained one, as well. Though there is a charge for wireless internet service in our suites, we do offer complimentary internet access in our business center, and also offer other great complimentary services like our cooked-to-order breakfast buffet, evening Manager’s Reception, and on-site parking at no additional cost. We hope you can “pardon our dust” through this minor period of property renewal, and once again visit our property and enjoy a great experience as you have had in the past. Please feel free to contact me directly prior to your next visit, and I will be happy to discuss any on-site happenings that may affect your stay, and thus ensure your next visit is a wonderful experieince.

Yours in Hospitality,

Janet Madden

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!