“Embassy average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5835 T.G. Lee Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32822 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #93 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Belleair, Florida
“Embassy average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed two nights at this location. The room was standard Embassy Suites, but the carpet was worn. The breakfast offered a good selection and made to order eggs/omelets, too with plenty of space to sit. There are a number of restaurants in the area, so if you don't want to get in to the Orlando touristy type places and traffic, this could be the location for you.

Room Tip: I always like to request a top floor at Embassy Suites and away from the elevator because they tend...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

431 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I booked this hotel for a weekend stay in Orlando because my first visit was outstanding. Not so much the second time.

The rate online was great, the man at the front desk was very friendly when we checked in but, the room was dirty right down to the floors and the walls. I bragged on this hotel to my boyfriend before we arrived and his comments were "I don't see what you thought was so great." I was disapointed to see dirt around the bathroom sink, the walls next to the beds looked like someone had spent days with their dirty shoes on them, the vanity area in the room had severe paint issues and we had to put the air conditioning down to 64 in order to keep the room cool. The walls were very thin and the first night we had really loud neighbors who arrived to their room late with noisy children.

The breakfast buffet is the best I've ever had at a hotel and it is complimentary to the guests.

On Saturday morning when we were leaving the hotel there was a lady behind the front desk in jeans and high heels. I was surprised that Hilton would allow that type of casual dress.

I feel after this stay that this hotel is not any different from the others in the area. Unless I got a great rate, I might stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again right across the street. A great breakfast buffet is not enough to justify a dirty room.

I hope that management will correct these issues with maintenance and housekeeping so that this can be a great hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
South Bend, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We flew into Orlando airport a day before our cruise out of Port Canaveral and had a wonderful stay here. The shuttle driver not only picked us up form the airport, but also transported us to a restaurant for lunch and dinner. We arranged our own private shuttle to the port through Laura's Shuttle service at the hotel's recommendation and were very pleased with their service as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is conveniently located near the airport. The staff was overall friendly. The rooms were ok. The bathroom needed a better scrub. The breakfast was average. While there was a lot of variety the pancakes tasted cheap and not fresh. The manager's evening reception was above average when compared to other Embassy Suites. The food was healthy and plentiful (veggies and dip, crackers, pita chips vs. tortilla chips and salsa). As a hilton honors member, I was disappointed that I did not receive the bottles of water that other hotels give you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Howell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

My family and I enjoyed this hotel. We chose to stay here to catch a very early flight. The airport shuttle made things so easy, even traveling with my father who is in a wheelchair. The driver was so patient and accomodating in helping my dad on and off and retrieving our luggage. We stayed on the third floor, double bed suite, had a seperate living room area and mini kitchen. There are no fans in the bathroom, which made the room very steamy after a hot shower. They have a managers reception in the evening, which includes two free drinks from the bar and snacks, such as chips, pretzels, cookies and dip. the lobby area is very comfortable with lounge chairs, tables and plenty of tvs. Unfortunately we were not able to stay for breakfast, but at 4am they will put out coffee and pastries for those who cannot stay for the regular breakfast they serve at 7am. This is included with the room. Will stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

The wife ( 4th visit ) & 3 other women (relatives, 1st visit, on our recomendation) stayed in a room here during september 2012,staying 6 nights. the standard was as expected and previously experienced at this location, the room was clean & spacious,The breakfast is top notch and plentiful and fresh, the shuttle bus is consistent in both the airport collection and trips to local restaurants, the driver was very courteous. The managers reception ( like almost all embassy suites) runs for 2 hours and there are usually some light snacks and free drink for that period, this is really a plus if you like a beer / cocktail after a days shopping!!
This trip however we did encounter a problem, there were several drinks on the table (4 of us) and a member of staff passed comment on the amount of drink on the table being excessive (not in those terms though) and in a loud enough voice for other guests to hear and stare over.
Now wewouldn't consider the amount excessive, but then again everyone is different, anyway the wife got awful embarrassed about this and this caused the mood of the party to subside and in turn did have a detramental affect on the rest of the stay (especially during the managers reception) and did not bode well with the other 3 guests whom we had convinced there was no better hotel to stay in when in Orlando.
The matter was reportedto the manager (Janet) and in fairness to her she was very apologetic and promised to take the matter up with the staff member concerned, she also made a small gesture and felt that was the end of the matter, sadly my wife as rather upset about the whole incident and felt that the response was inadequate and derisory,however she didn't want to be seen as nagging so made no further complaint to the manager, I however was not so easily put off and I rang the manager toexplain to her the true feelings of my wife and the embarrassment she was feeling which made the following 4 nights uneasy ( at the managers reception) for her, once again the Manager was very approachable and listened to my concerns,she informed me how she had advised the staff member concerned of the issue and how better to deal with any similar situations, she (Janet) was 100% positive in our conversation and also made a good will gesture,I have to say that the issue, had it been left unresolved would of prevented us ever returning to the hotel, it's not like there is no choice in the area!,
however due to the professional manner in which the manager dealt with the issue, we will be returning, so in a nutshell, this is the only time we ever had an issue and it was resolved quickly and professionally by the manager, I / we shall continue to recommend the Embassy suites Orlando Airport to anyone we know going to Orlando.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Keene, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here two nights about a week apart. The day before our cruise left and the day after we returned. The staff was friendly and helpful and gave our friends the same room rate we had. The restaurant was good. We had lunch there and of course we had the famous cooked to order breakfast and enjoyed the manager's reception in the evening. Breakfast was fine and the cook was very friendly both mornings. The rooms however were only OK. The first room had a bedside light that had a broken switch and the second room had a tv remote that didn't work. I reported these problems at check out and they called maintenance immediately. Both rooms had a musty smell, some mildew and while reasonably clean there was hair in the bath tub both times we stayed. That is something that I really don't care for so maybe I am picky. Its an OK place with nice people and I would stay again but I can't imagine giving it a 5 rating like so many I see here and it certainly doesn't rate the 1 rating I saw. The shuttle drivers were very courteous and helpful with information.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!