“Great hotel, great breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal

Save Saved
You added Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7701 Universal Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #201 of 329 hotels in Orlando
Tampa, Florida
“Great hotel, great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Hotel staff is friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean. I was upgraded without asking at check in. Full hot breakfast in the morning. Located close to Universal Orlando, a short cab ride away. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and got your day started off right with our full Be Our Guest Breakfast in the mornings. At Country Inn & Suites, Orlando Universal we strive to meet and exceed every guest expectations. We look forward to your next stay.

361 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stay here frequently when we visit this area. Great location but most importantly always seems to be quiet and very clean. I also love the fact they seem to offer FL residents rates more than other hotels in the area. Also, if the rate drops from the time you book until when you check in they honor the lower rate. Staff was very welcoming and aimed to please. Sorry I cant remember the employees we dealt with because I like to give people credit when credit is due. Breakfast decent and good amount of tables to accommodate plenty of people. Close to I-Drive to where there are plenty of restaurants and shopping.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper as I am request top floor, away from elevators and a room not facing the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that our staff was able to exceed your expectations and accommodate your requests. We look forward to your next stay.
Eastern Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

First let me say that the booking department was great. I had several wants and they were right there and supplied them. However, the hotel itself was not desirable.

Yes they had a free breakfast, but the eggs were totally fake. you know one day it was all mixed together and was a typical egg beaters product. the next day they poured egg white in a circle and then poured egg yellow in the middle. Really was a bad experience. Eggs are goos and cheap. Why give us something so bad as this is a mystery.

They served Waffals but the machines were, my guess, not up to the right temperature, so they came out under cooked and rubbery. No choice but to take it this way since the timer goes off and annoys the whole area. another failure.

The unit did have a fridge and microwave, but when I opened the microwave, the stink filled the unit and we had to open the windows to air the place out. the microwave was also missing the round plate, so I am guessing it had not been opened in a long time.

Speaking of stink, hotel owners should know to cycle the heat in the units. We had a cold night and when the heat came on, you had that never been used in a year smell coming out of the system. It was gone after 15 minutes, but still, fail.

Other then that, the location was great for Universal, the beds were fine. One day, the breakfast was late starting but the staff apologized for that with no complaint from us, nice touch.

Staff 100% location 100% hotel itself, .... Stay somewhere else. It is your trip and you deserve better.

For the staff that read this, I did not report any of this during my stay. All items are correctable, all were preventable, but complaining at the time would have served no purpose but grief on my part.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Kelly C, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
We are sorry to hear of your unsatisfactory experience during your stay. It is unfortunate when situations like this arise. We take every step to make sure that all guests are satisfied when they stay with us. At Country Inn & Suites, Orlando, Universal, we work to ensure that all of our guests have a pleasant experience and take all comments seriously to continue to improve our service and product. We hope you will consider us again when you are in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed here for three nights to celebrate our second wedding anniversary. This hotel is clean, updated, and even has an information center complete with maps and brochures for those not familiar with Orlando (which helped us a lot considering we are not from the Florida area) and a gift shop. The hotel also offered shuttles to Universal Studios, Disney world, and Sea world for no additional fee. Just make sure that you are at the bus pickup area five minutes early, because they leave from the parks at the scheduled times. The only issue we had throughout our stay with our room, was that our safe in our room was not working. Please make sure you report any issues with your room to the front office, and they will have it fixed Breakfast was on time and had a great variety of choices every morning, but if your more of the night owl, right up the street, there are many great places to eat and enjoy the nightlife all within walking distance. We had a great experience at this hotel and would recommend it to anyone staying in the Orlando area.

Room Tip: If you like really hot showers, choose a room on one of the top floors closer to the hot water heate...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our Be Our Guest Complimentary breakfast. At Country Inn & Suites, Orlando Universal we strive to make every guest have an outstanding experience. We look forward to your next stay.
Youngtown, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a fairly nice hotel. The evening receptionist was very nice and check in was quick. I overheard her mention that the hotel was 95% full. This was obvious during breakfast. The staff could not keep up with the crowd. The food was constantly out and one of the ladies was rude. She yelled at everyone not to take too much food because it took her a long time to cook it. If the hotel is 95% full, they should have anticipate the crowd. The room was fairly clean. Our door was swollen and had to be slammed in order to fully close. This also caused the dead bolt not to work. Check out was smooth and quick.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with the “Be Our Guest” Breakfast. Our goal is to ensure fresh food is provided and that each item is available for all of our guests. Your review gives us the opportunity to correct any deficiencies we may have in our service. Please know that we have addressed your comments with our breakfast staff so that this situation does not occur in the future. We do hope the next time you are in the area that you will return to visit us.
Upper Darby, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Visited this hotel for a weekend stay late Sept to visit my GF. We went out for the day on saturday afternoon and she left her extra pocket behind not thinking we would have room service but forgot I ask for matainence to come in to fix a bathroom sink problem I notice when I accepted this room. Came back early evening. We thought the purfume I gave her was missing. I ask my GF why she left her bag behind and was anything of value in it. She said she had $100.00 that is missing. She said her pocketbook did not match her outfit and did not need to take it and all her money with her. I talked to the front desk about someone of staff entering our room and money was missing while we were out. I noticed that a repair was done to our sink problem. They said I have to submit a police report. I spoke to the manager by phone before I left. She said she would do and internal investigation. It's been over 2 weeks and have not heard from hotel Mgt about this concern todate.

Room Tip: Make sure you check for any room problems before accepting a room to avoid any service entry afterwa...
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Booked this hotel for Airline points reason: After finding this hotel I walked in and the from desk clerk Chris did not say Hello upon me entering and I was the only person checking in at the time 4:30. Gave her my reservation info for a single King and she gave me a key for the room. Went to the room on the 4th floor but key would not open the door. Took elevator back down to tell about the problem and she gave me another key. Went back up and this key did not work either. Went back down and got another room. However this room air condition did not come on after trying several times to set. Was given a new room but the bathroom sink stopper would not work so I mentioned this to the front desk.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for reaching out and writing your review. We are sorry you were not satisfied with the accommodations of your room. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards. We are working diligently to ensure that this occurance does not happen again.

Been to Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal? Share your experiences!