My husband and I stayed in this hotel for a little over two weeks in mid March. Upon check-in we were offered a free upgrade for the duration of our stay to a one bedroom suite. Check-in staff and staff on the front desk were polite and always happy to help with our requests.
The location of the hotel is ideal for accessing the theme parks and for wet and wild. We had the use of a rented car therefore can't comment on the shuttle service the hotel offered. The hotels car park gets full and if you return late you may have difficulty finding a spot if the hotel is full. The time we spent at the hotel it was completely sold out, so I believe this is a busy hotel, there also seemed to be a lot of tour buses come in during our stay.
The suite had ample room with flat screen T.V's in the lounge area and the bedroom. We were on the fourth floor near the end of a corridor facing the car park and heard no noise at all, and I am a very light sleeper.
The cleanliness of the hotel was acceptable, however, I believe management need to monitor this as in some areas (including our suite), corners of the room and corridors were dusty and had some signs of cob webs appearing. There was also a small bag of tobacco left from a previous guest down beside the bedside cabinet.
The hotel offers a good variety of hot and cold items for breakfast, the breakfast area can be very busy especially if there is tour buses in. The breakfast staff work very hard to clear and clean tables and replenish food items and we found them friendly, especially Pablo.
The pool area is small with a few beds, the pool would of been nice if heated as was very cold. Maybe in the summer months when temperatures are high this may be a blessing however far to cold in March to have a leisurely swim. It was a real task for all guests to take a dip!!
There is a small gym and a convenient shop within the hotel selling gift items, soda, wine, water, chocolate and potato chips.
All in all we had a pleasant stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you're planning a family vacation to Florida or a professional business trip, the Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal hotel is a great place to stay. Our Orlando hotel near Walt Disney World® Resort, Universal Studios® and Sea World® theme parks offers a convenient, scheduled shuttle for guests, to ensure your trip is hassle free. We have Orlando hotel rooms and suites for every occasion, and offer a complimentary hot, continental breakfast, outdoor pool, boardroom, Fitness Center and more. With all the perks available at the Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal hotel, there's no better place to stay during your Florida vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Orlando Universal, FL reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Hotel Orlando
- Country Inn And Suites Orlando Universal
- Country Inn International Drive
- Country Inn Orlando
- Orlando Country Inn