“no one knows what they are doing” 1 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Terrace 390
390 North Orange Avenue, Orlando, FL 32801 (Central Business District)
407 425 2445
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Livingston Ave and Orange Ave
Orlando, Florida
“no one knows what they are doing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I came to eat lunch while on jury duty and ended up being late back to the courthouse! We had a little over an hour for lunch break and the restaurant is RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET. I do not know downtown that well and 390 was the only thing in site so I decided to check it out. Walking in the first thing I see is the staff running around like a chicken with its head cut off. The hostess was left to sit people coming in from two sets of doors and was trying her best but simply to big of a job for one person. When I got sat I waited 10 minutes for someone to walk by and even say hello, then waited another 5 minutes before I received my diet coke. I chose to go with the salmon salad assuming salad was quick and easy. I was never told of any specials or soups. When my salad arrived after 30 minutes the salmon was dry. I asked to speak to a manager and no one ever arrived. Since I already wasted 45 minutes of my time without contact from any of the staff and a dissatisfying meal I was glad to go back to jury duty. I can only hope no one makes the same mistake I did.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“Happy Hour special not honored even though it was published on The Orlando Sentinel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

There was a Happy Hour special at Terrace 390 published by the Orlando Sentinel on January 8th 2014. When we arrived to the place and inquired about the special, no one knew about this special(including management) even though it has been published. After we showed the ad- proving the special, the manager didn't have the courage to explain to us why it will not be honored, but instead sent the ignorant waitress to tell us that it's not applicable. Then, we inquired about what kind of specials for Happy Hour were available at that time, and they still didn't know.
I've never seen such a lack of service and professionalism in a restaurant/club venue. This place needs to have a better customer service system and skills in practice.

• Visited January 2014
Orlando, Florida
“You will Like the Change at Terrace 390”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Give this place a try for a pleasant surprise. Food was excellent - salmon with creamy risotto and asparagus - for $15.00. Great service, convenient location for dinner before a show.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Orlando, Florida
“NOT OPEN! ...but you won't know unless you go.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Prior to making a reservation at Terrace 390, I called an area hotel that no longer has a restaurant facility, and heeded their advice and recommendation for Terrace 390. I researched their website and saw they were under new ownership / management but their menu was fitting to our group and I had been there before so I knew the ambiance was enjoyable. I phoned for a reservation and received a recording confirming their hours of operation so I made our reservation through OpenTable. Upon arriving to Terrace 390, there was a sign on the sidewalk that stated they were open, their signage hours on the door reflected the same yet the space was dark, no one inside and all chairs were flipped up on the tables. We had no way of knowing in advance.

Visited February 2013
Orlando,FL
“Terrible - one of the most disappointing experiences I've ever had”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

If I could give negative stars, I probably would. I'm still a little shocked and frankly disappointed in my experience there. I heard this was a fresh new concept, opened by local UCF grads, and using new trechnology...well, if their concept is non-existent service, no food, and rude waitstaff, I say they learned that well in the Rosen School of Hospitality at UCF. This place was a case study in everything that causes a restaurant to go broke. I used to dine at Harvey's Bistro, the former occupant, and I was excited to see a new place in that old space...unfortunately it won't be open long.
This is exactly what happened - we arrived at 6 PM on a Sunday - board outfront and website advertised "Sunday Funday" specials. Party of 5, went inside and sat down at 2 hi-tops (we were the only people not at the bar - bad sign already). After 15 minutes, I finally got the attention of the bartender, who was desperately trying to avoid any eye contact with anyone in our entire party. She came around from behind the bar, and the 1st words out of her mouth were "I'm just the bartender, I'm not your server, and we don't have any servers on duty". Me: Ok, well, thank you very much - so I guess I can just order at the bar? Bartender: "well, the kitchen is closed". Me: but it's 6 PM, on "Sunday Funday", and you're open for business, and you're a restaurant, but we can't order food? Bartender: "Well, i don't know, there might be some wings left". Me:Gee, that sounds very inviting, but no thanks, I think we'll leave. Bartender: "OK, bye". A quick turn on her heels and we no longer existed.
Stay far away from here, sad, but the sooner it closes the better - it's a blemish on all Orlando restaurants.

• Visited October 2012