“Very Nice.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista

You added Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8150 Palm Parkway, Orlando, FL 32836 (Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Hot Breakfast & WiFi
Ranked #13 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
New York City, New York
“Very Nice.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family and I were here just late October. We found everything to be wonderful. Rooms were clean, nice complimentary breakfast and very courteous staff. Location was close to many restaurants and local shops. Parks were only 5 min away. We would definitely consider coming back here again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor, which was nice and quiet. First floor had ongoing construction during the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Tampa, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here for a couple nights to visit Epcot Food & Wine Festival and Festival of the Masters at DT Disney. Love the location due to its proximity to the parks. Again, that Robust Blend coffee keeps me coming back, as do the wonderful beds. They are currently renovating the common areas and have limited space for the breakfast buffet and seating. Once construction is complete it should feel/be less cramped. Food was good, standard Hampton breakfast fare. Front desk folks were very pleasant and accommodating, although I never ask for much. I would love if Hampton Inns would add a couple bottles of water to the rooms. Seems I'm always parched after traveling and unloading the car and you never know what the tap water will be like. All in all, comfortable stay and I will return.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
tampa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Either my husband or I stay in a Hilton chain hotel on average of around once per month and therefor choose this Hampton Inn for a quick trip from Tampa to Orlando for an evening at the Epcot Food & Wine event. I have not been so disappointed in a hotel stay in a very long time. We specifically choose a hotel that advertised a shuttle service to the theme parks because we expected to indulge in a few adult beverages at a beer dinner. Unfortunately the free shuttle service consists of only two daily trips from the hotel to the park, both in the am. Since that wouldn't work for our 5pm trip to Epcot, I asked about a taxi and was given a taxi guide indicating the average fare for the (advertised 1 mile from parks) would be $30 each way, this certainly isn't the hotel's fault but wow, $30 for 1 mile? Bummer, wish there was some sort of disclaimer on the website about the LIMITED shuttle service, I assumed it would run at least once every few hours.

The second disappointment was the condition of the first floor of the hotel which is under some fairly intense construction. I mentioned at check-in that I hadn't noticed a disclaimer on the website when booking and was told it was there (I checked when I got to my room and still couldn't find it). Other than this being quite dusty and unsightly, I was mainly concerned about the danger it posed to my 80 year old father whom we brought with us since he uses a walker and has Parkinson's disease. I've stayed in plenty of hotels under construction and many of them Hiltons and have always been notified of construction, I usually even get extra phone calls or emails just prior to my visit to remind me. I guess the notice on the website I was told about was on TripAdvisor and not the hotel's website!

As to not be 100% negative, I must say the staff at the hotel was kind and apologetic, there wasn't anything they could really do to help but they did apologize. I had requested to adjoining rooms during booking and they were thankfully available. The room was typical of a Hampton Inn, the air conditioner is the old fashioned in-room type and was louder than most but not horrible.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rob J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for sharing a review about your stay with us on Trip Advisor. I apologize if our growing pains caused any apprehensions for you and your family. The well-being of our guests is a top concern and we follow strict protocols and work with our building contractors to ensure all visitors’ safety, surrounding the construction zones. I’m also sorry for the inconvenient shuttle times. We will look for other opportunities to accommodate our guests to and from the parks. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will stay with us at our hotel; we would love to have you.
göteborg
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This hotel is dirty, old, under construction, bad breakfast, no bar, no restaurant, noisy AC..
The pool area is so boring and ugly that you almost think it´s a joke, the water is cold, even in the jacuzzi it's freezing.. my kids never entered the pool area..
The people that worked there where nice, though!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We appreciate that you took the time to share your feedback and we are sorry that you were disappointed with your experience. We are currently undergoing some growing pains and thank you for your flexibility.

We are almost done …just few more days to go… Our current renovation will include new carpets in the room, Fresh paint in our entire guest rooms, Perfect mix lobby, Suite Shop, Guest Laundry. However, we’re sorry that we could not update the rooms before your stay. I appreciate your good comments about my staff- Which means a lot for us.

We strive to provide a spotless hotel and will continue to work with our housekeeping staff to meet our goal. I’ve passed on your other feedback to our staff so we can evaluate our current operations and make any necessary improvements. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel, if you’re ever in Orlando again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

If you are looking for an alternative to the pricey Disney hotels, this Hampton Inn is within walking distance to the park and also has bus shuttle service to and from all parks. Great value. They were renovating when I was there to update lobby and spa area.

• Stayed November 2012
Florianopolis, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a great stay at the Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista. We appreciate the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel as well as the attendance of the staff when we needed. The complimentary breakfast is okay and the location is very convenient too: nearby good restaurants like Olive Garden, Sweet Tomatoes and Golden Corral. If you rent a car, is easy way to go to the Disney and Universal Parks. The hotel offers free coffee and tea during all day at the restaurant and tasty cookies in the evening. We felt very comfortable at the Hampton Inn when we stayed there for 10 days really.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stay at Hampton Inns a lot and always pleased. This time the hotel was under construction so it was a bit messy and out of sorts for everyone. The eating area was crowded in the mornings and some people could not find a place to sit but maybe this will be better when they are done - I think by mid Nov. I would ask if they are doing construction so you are not surprised like I was when I got there. Good location but last hotel on Palm Blvd - but very quiet. Places to eat are close by and walkable if you need to get to a few places by foot. The parking lot was also a bit crowded and not any place to park large RVs or buses. There is also no shuttle to/from the airport but there is to the Disney park areas. The food choices for the free breakfast could have been better - I was there for 4 mornings and the egg choices never changed - just the meat. It will be a much nicer place once it is done with it's remodel!

Room Tip: Upper floor if you like quiet - lower floor if you want to get to the pool quickly!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando/Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!