“Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Osprey, Florida
“Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

This was a very efficient hotel. The staff was kind, courteous and attentive. A great value for the money! When I called for two fresh towels at 6:30 am they came within five minutes! I liked that it was close to stabucks and a McDonalds. The room was clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: I would have preferred scrambled eggs to the hard boiled offered but that the only thing I wasn'...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to provide efficient service. I am pleased to say that we have recently started serving hot breakfast, which does include both scrambled eggs and sausage. We hope to see you again next time you are in Orlando.

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I have never stayed at a hotel where the hotel staff were incredible. Not only helpful, but smiling all the time. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. There is a continental breakfast and as soon as someone would get up from a table it was cleaned an ready for the next people. At night they had freshly baked cookies one night and popcorn another. It is centrally located to everything you could need. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review! I am happy to hear that our staff was smiling and helpful and your stay was comfortable. Have a wonderful day!
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I loved this place - very clean and all of the staff were very helpful. It is within walking distance of Carrabba's, Ale House and Starbucks. Publix is around the corner. Breakfast was excellent! They had everything from cereal to waffles to hard boiled eggs and fruit! Universal Studio is right around the corner. I didn't use the pool so I can't speak about that.

Room Tip: I had no complaints about my room which actually had a view of the Ale House. It was on the 2nd flo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. On behalf of the entire staff, I want to say that we are so glad to hear you enjoyed your visit. We would be happy to host you again the next time you find yourself in Orlando!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Room was super clean, very nice, bed is a dream...great nights sleep. The complimentary breakfast is very varied, from waffles to bagels to cereal to fruit. The staff are extremely pleasant, the front desk person even held a jibberish conversation w my toddler who managed to dial them from the room phone lol. It is a two minute drive to the Universal Studios parking lot and if you have it in you, you can honestly walk there (which again, two minute drive for me). Super impressed w this hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and for excellent rating. So great to hear your stay with us was terrific and our team wow-ed you with their service! I appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon!
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stay there was perfect, there is a nice continental hot breakfast, also the staffs specially the night one was so friendly.It is so close from Universal Studios,Sea World and Disney, it also in walking distance from some great restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for writing a review. I am glad you enjoyed our staff, breakfast, and close proximity to the parks. Have a great day!
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I think the location of your hotel in Orlando is more important than the decor etc because we certainly didn't spend much time in ours. In this regard the Fairfield Inn was perfect - parking always was available, we walked safely to Islands of Adventure in less than 20 minutes and the room was spacious and clean.

We didn't use the pool but it did look pretty basic and small. The breakfast was pretty good - not the best quality food but lots of choice and we never had to wait for a table. My main issue with the hotel was the fact that the applied a room service charge to my credit card after I checked out that took 3 phone calls from Ireland to the US to solve (including the first one where I was told that charging a credit card was standard practice and happened in every hotel in the world). SInce then the issue has been solved and to be fair the last lady I dealt with was very pleasant but it did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

I would still recommend the hotel, it ticked every box for us and it really has a great location but I would tell anybody choosing to stay here to check their account after they leave.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I am glad our hotel was ideal for your visit to Universal. I do apologize, however, for the time it took to get your issue resolved. This is definitely not something we want our guests to experience. Despite that, we thank you for your recommendations and hope to see you next time your travels bring you to Florida!
Guatemala City, Guatemala
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

I stayed there with my wife on a weekend (Friday to Sunday) because we went to Orlando to visit Universal, Sea World and Magic Kingdom.

Good things I can say about this hotel:

- Rates are not high at all

- Rooms are not big, but they do are very comfortable (room space, beds, pillows). And they're also kept clean.

- Air conditioning works very good even the equipment is actually within the room (kind of like window a/c), not noisy at all.

- The people from the Lobby/reception is very kind and polite, I had an issue with the mounted hair drier that's in the bathroom's outlet, went to the lobby and they gave me another and much better unit without a problem.

- Parking is free, it has enough parking spots, the hotel was very crowded but I always had a spot to park.

Now, about the not so good things:

- The hotel has some very bright spotlights to ilumminate the building from below, those look pretty cool from outside, but if you get a room right above those spotlights, you'll find yourself trying to attach the courtains to keep that bright light out of the room.

- The breakfast is included, but, the cafeteria is so small that you might get waiting a long time for a table to sit and eat and there is no host there, that means you'll need to "watch" each table like a hawk so noone else gets it before you. I rather eat on the Burger King that it is right in front of the hotel instead of waiting and cleaning the used table by myself in the hotel. Personnel on the cafeteria, sadly is not polite and kind as the ones in the Reception/Lobby.

In conclusion, this is a good hotel, just keep in mind those to minor issues and you'll be fine.

Room Tip: Ask for the reception's clerk to give you a high floor room that is "not" on the outer...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us, and taking the time to write a review about your stay. I thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff, and I am sorry that the lights outside were too bright for you, and that breakfast was too busy at times. Have a wonderful day, and we hope to see you again next time you are in Orlando!

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios? Share your experiences!