“WOW...RENEE POOL” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
“WOW...RENEE POOL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Talk about helping out. My girlfriend was on a late night trip from Tallahassee, and Renee Pool coordinated with me via phone to help me present a Happy Valentines Day note in her room before her arrival. She even found a rose to place with the note. Wow. Talk about costumer service from a different point of view. I am wowed by the attentive care.
Lucas VanSickle
850-408-8056

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and your compliments about Renee. She is one of the most kind and caring individuals I have ever had a pleasure to work with. I am glad she made a stay of your loved one memorable and enjoyable. Have a wonderful day!

510 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Once again, my stay at the Fairfield was terrific. Denis and the girls at the front desk were cordial and accomodating. Probably the best front desk staff in Orlando!! The room was impeccable and the breakfast buffet delightful, esp with the help of Galena. Best of all, so close to Universal and Millenia Mall (and some great restaurants around the mall). Very happy with my visit to Orlando.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and for excellent rating. So great to hear your stay with us was terrific and our team wow-ed you with their service! I appreciate your kind words and hope to see you again soon!
Merrimack, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The location is great and it is clearly a step above other Fairfield Inns. My wife and I needed a short break and stayed for 2 nights. The location is outstanding. We like to be near things and enjoyed having a Walgreens, Burger King, and several real restaurants right across the parking lot. The Fairfield does not sell attraction tickets at the front desk (it does have a Universal kiosk in the lobby), but referred us to the concierge at the Best Western hotel right next door, (Dave) who was simply outstanding! The small outdoor pool and hot tub were in the shade all afternoon (which is probably a blessing in the summer), but if you want to lie in the sun, get there in the morning. Breakfast is free and like other hotels is predominately high carb, along with some fruit and yogurt. A coffee station was available all day and into the evening with several different flavors available. The wireless internet was fast and easy to use with no password needed to log on. The room and grounds were very clean and well kept. We had a problem with the refrigerator in the room and maintenance was at our door within three minutes of our call to the front desk. A new frig was in its place within ten minutes. That was the kind of service that we encountered during our stay, from the front desk to the wonderful woman who managed the breakfast area – all highly competent and wanting to do whatever was necessary to ensure that we had a pleasurable stay. Kudos to the staff and management of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and thank you for your excellent rating! I am very happy we were able to meet your travel needs- from location to staff service. We hope to see you again soon in sunny Orlando!
Panama City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 5 days/4 nights and were very happy overall with our stay. The staff here is some of the most helpful and friendly hotel staff we have ever encountered. They were able to give us clear driving directions to everything we asked for. They were also very helpful with local restaraunt recommendations. Each time we encountered staff in the lobby or hall they asked how our stay was and if there was anything they could do for us or help with. The distance to Universal can't be beat. It is cheaper to take a cab to and from Universal instead of paying the $15+ parking fee at the park. The only thing that would have been nice to have in the room is a mini fridge. It was a little frustrating not to have anywhere to keep water cold or leftovers. At this price point there really should be at least a mini fridge in the room, a microwave would have been nice as well. We had a room with a king size bed and overall it was very nice. The bed was comfortable and the room was plenty big for the two of us. The breakfast they offer was excellent. Waffles, eggs, bagles, english muffins, an assortment of yogurts, microwavable breakfast biscuits, cold cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and many other breakfast items. This place should definitely be on your list of hotels to consider for your Universal trip.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful review and for recommending our property for other visitors to Orlando. I am happy you had a pleasant stay and our services and amenities met your needs. We currently have mini-fridges in suites only; however we are working on eventually placing them in all rooms. Hope to see you again soon and have a wonderful day!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

If you plan a group stay or a family vacation in the Orlando area, Marriott Fairfield Inn Universal is the place. I had booked 8 co-workers for a major convention that we attend every two years. This show is a huge event that is stressful and consuming. The last thing you want to have problems with is the hotel. Well, when we checked in, they had two front desk people making certain all of our needs and rooms were set. We were greeted by a smiling, friendly, and efficient staff that got us set in minutes. Galinda, Veronica, and Renee were all there to get us acclimated quickly. I had the owners of my company staying as well, and was proud and thrilled that there were no errors or mishaps. The housekeeping staff was fantastic as the rooms were always done to perfection early, yet you never seemed to see the housekeepers...this was amazing. The breakfast was bountiful, organized, and clean with many items you wouldn't even see in a full service property. Another Galinda who took care of that station greeted me in the morning like she was a relative or best friend.Galinda made sure I had enough of whatever I wanted, brushed off my jacket and sent me on my way. Thre was this fellow, an evening front desk person who was warm, friendly and helpful as well, and I am sorry I was too tired by days end to get his name. Melissa made sure the names and rooms were correct while I was confirming the reservations back home prior to my leaving for this trip. This is why I stay in Marriotts exclusively, but the Fairfield really buys into the "Marriott Model" of how to take care of their guests.During my stay, I have had some unfortunate changes with my own folks arriving due to emergencies, yet the Fairfield staff worked with us and thru the problems that we had. If we needed a fridge, extra pillows, or more hangers they were thrilled to accommodate, and never made it seem like a nuisance. I truly am thankful to the folks who work here, I had not had the pleasure of meeting the General Manager, but the goodness the customer receives comes not only from the genuine folks who work here, but from the top.

Room Tip: You don't need major ammennities, just a solid place, clean, accommodating, great value, and a f...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed here for two nights on points and everything was flawless from check-in to check-out. We took the complimentary shuttle to Universal Studios one morning and were there in under 10 minutes - the gentleman even came in and announced the shuttle was there so that we didn't miss it while we were finishing breakfast. At the end of the day, we decided to stay later at CityWalk and we were able to walk back to the hotel easily and safely in just about 10 minutes. The shuttle alone saves $15 in parking at Universal and drops you off right at the escalator - such a great way to save money when already spending a lot on your vacation. The breakfast was outstanding both mornings and the staff stayed busy keeping everything stocked. Will definitely stay here next time we're in Orlando - whether going to Universal or not.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room right by the elevator on the 6th floor and never heard a sound - this hotel was...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
South Seaville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Great location just outside Universal. They have free shuttle to Universal in am and from Universal in early evening. Cab was usually about $6 either way as well.

Room was clean, and houskeeping kept it nice. It did smell a little stuffy when first got there, but air cleared as I turned up the ac. Room was pretty quiet, even though it's right off 2 major roads.

Front desk staff was helpful with places to go and transportation, and any additional needs.

There are also a couple places to eat in walking distance (Orlando Alehouse, Burger King, Starbucks, more) and a Walgreens for any miscellaneous needs.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios? Share your experiences!