“11 night stay - Highly Recommend” 5 of 5 stars

3-Night Stays: Save 15%
Ranked #33 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sydney
“11 night stay - Highly Recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor and were not disapointed. From the moment we arrived, we were extremely impressed by the Fantastic Staff. My Husband, myself and our 3 yr old son arrived at Orlando Airport from LA very early in the morning and arrived at the hotel around 8am. We were absolutely exhausted as our body clocks were out due to the different time zones and the fact that we had been awake for almost 24 hrs.
Needless to say, our room was not ready as check in wasn't till the afternoon. However, the lovely receptionist notified cleaning staff to have a room ready for us asap. We were then offered breakfast in the breakfast room while we waited. Fortunately our son fell asleep in his stroller and we were able to enjoy a delicious breakfast in peace and quiet. Afterwards, while we waited in the foyer, we were offered complimentary cold bottled waters.
Once in our room, we fell asleep in a really comfortable bed. When we awoke a few hours later we looked around the room. It was absolutely perfect for us. The sleeping area was seperated from the lounge area by a wall with a large opening. There were 2 tvs, microwave and fridge. Although the sofa was a pull out bed, we requested a roll-away bed (which was complimentary) for our son so when he was in bed early we could still sit up, watch TV and use the bathroom without disturbing him.
Later we went down to reception to ask directions around the area. Once again the receptionist was very happy to assist and was well informed.
They had great little extras that you wouldn't even think about that just made the experience that little bit more special. An example of this was every afternoon when we walked through the front doors they had a newspaper, warm cookies and a cold beverage available (complimentary). They also have tea, coffee and hot chocolate making facilities available 24/7. Our little boy wasn't the only one excited about this yummy little treat after a busy day sight seeing. Everyday started well with a fantastic breakfast (once again complimentary). They really had pretty much everything covered. They had cereals, eggs, toast, waffles, fruit different milks and juices, you would be hard to please if you weren't satisfied with that. There was a regular lady working in the breakfast area (whose name escapes me now), who was a pleasure to see every day. She was always happy, friendly and extra delightful to the children. A real ASSET to the Hotel.
The hotel was within walking distance (about 15 mins) to Universal Studios and right next to some yummy restaurants, as well as a wallgreens. There is a great bus route for tourists next to the hotel which we used many times.
The only negative and i mean the only one was having a Fire Station across the road. For some reason every single time they were called out they put on their siren and blasted the horn. It didn't matter what time of the day or night, they did it anyway. It woke us up many a time. My Hubby is a Fireman and they never blast the horn and only sound the siren in the early hours of the morning when leaving the station when absolutely neccessary. Maybe this sound might be muffled if we had a room on the other side of the hotel.
Anyway, i could go on and on about this great hotel and magnificent staff but I think you get the idea. I know where i will be staying when we next visit from Australia.
Thank you to all the staff. You truly made our stay in Orlando a fantastic and memorable one :)

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room that doesn't face the Fire Station as they may be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

501 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I am in the process of relocating to Orlando, so I have stayed at this hotel several times in the last 9 - 12 months. My last stay was 3 weeks! I cannot say enough about the staff. They are more than wonderful! So friendly and genuine. Unfortunately, I got sick on my last trip, and the front desk staff (I believe her name was Renee?) not only brought me menus, but offered to bring me hot tea as well. I looked forward to Ms Galinda in the dining area every morning. I was greeted when I left every morning and when I came back every evening. My bed was the most comfortable ever. The staff makes this hotel stand out. It is also conveniently located for shopping and dining. I'm on my way back, and sad that I am not able to secure this hotel for my stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to review us! It's a pleasure to hear that our hotel has become your favorite place to stay in Orlando! I'm happy our staff made you feel the most welcome as it's our main goal. Thank you for your compliments about Galina and Renee in particular! We hope to see you again soon. Have a great day!
Lumberton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

After reading many reviews on Tripadvisor, we went with this hotel. We purchased it through Universal as a package deal. I was able to request this hotel when booking. The staff was very friendly, the location was great with several restaurants within walking distance and a Walgreen's right next to the hotel. Universal is within walking distance if you don't mind a little exercise. We walked it in 18 minutes at a brisk pace. The GPS showed it to be 1.2 miles walking distance. The cab ride home was $8 to $10. Cheaper than parking at Universal, which you still had to walk pretty far from to get to the park. The breakfast was a great variety. Choices for everyone. The rooms are a little dated, but we were so tired by the end of each day, it didn't matter. They were clean.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy you made your choice based on our Trip Advisor reviews and weren’t disappointed. I am happy our staff service, breakfast and location met your needs and the price met your budget. I hope you will come and stay with us again next time you travel to Orlando area!
Jacksonville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Just checked into the hotel. The front desk, Dennis, was very attentive, polite and helpful. Our room was a suite upgrade with a microwave and fridge, apull out couch in a separate sitting area and a king sized bed. Bed was comfy, room was clean and had 2 TVS. This would be great if travelling with small kids. The only slightly disappointing item was that the fridge in the room was not very cold and did not have a freezer compartment. Since I was traveling to the parks with an baby, I really needed to keep her milk cold and needed freezer packs throughout the day. Luckily Dennis from the front desk allowed me to give him my freezer packs which he would put in the kitchen freezer downstairs. AWESOME!!! It looks like you can walk to Universal from this hotel. I will check in tomorrow and let you all know.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time and sharing about your stay. I am happy to hear you had an enjoyable experience and that Dennis assisted you with any questions you have had to your satisfaction. Thank you for choosing Fairfield inn and Suites Orlando near Universal and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I spent three nights at the hotel while visiting Universal Studios the week after Christmas. I picked it based on past experience with Fairfield Inns and the fact that it was close to (with free shuttle service to) Universal Studios. It turned out to be a great choice.

The hotel is clean and fresh, the breakfast options were plentiful, but the really outstanding feature is the staff. Every employee I encountered was genuinely pleasant and helpful.

This hotel goes to the top of my list for The next time I am in Orlando.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review and outstanding rating! I greatly appreciate your compliments about our staff and the service we provide to our valued guests. Your kind words mean a lot to our team. Thank you for staying with us and you are welcome to stay with us next time you travel to sunny Orlando!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and close to attractions. Hotel staff were excellent. Especially Juan and Golina. She kept the breakfast area spic and span! All the staff were friendly and answered questions with no hesitation.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review. Juan and Galina are ecstatic about your comment and appreciate your kind words. Wonderful to hear that you got a great value for your money and we hope you'll be back!
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I would stay here again. We were traveling with two teenagers and it made for an extremely muggy room. We called for service and they sent someone right away to fix the a/c. It didn't help but they did let us check out without a hassle. It was very cold in Orlando so I'm not sure why it was so muggy. However, I thought the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. If I was traveling by myself I would have stayed just switched to a smaller room. I think the layout of the king room with sofa bed doesn't allow the entire space to get cooled by the A/C.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios? Share your experiences!