“Best service ever” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Best service ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I spent one week in this hotel and I have to say that the service was Awesome. The people who work there are super friendly and helped me in different situations. The last day I forgot something and they help me find it. Thank you Daniel and Denis for your help :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for your review and excellent rating. Daniel and Denis are very excited about your compliments. I am very happy you had a pleasant stay and hope to have you stay with us again during your future trips to Orlando. Have a happy and safe holiday season!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I had not been to Universal Studios in Orlando in many years, and wanted to see the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. After looking at a lot of alternatives on line I chose to stay here, mostly for the location within easy walking distance of the Universal entrance and the Marriott points. I like the Fairfield Inns I have used in the past, which provide what is most essential to me without any fuss. This is not a resort property with a beautiful pool and excellent restaurant. It is a wonderful place to stay during the low season for the park (end of November), when the crowds are small, the lines for attractions are short, and the weather is comfortable for walking about all day. We had perfect weather while we were there, temperatures in the low 70's. The continental breakfast was better than most, with hot oatmeal, walnuts, cinnamon and raisins, boiled eggs, and bananas every morning. There were also waffles and breakfast sandwiches available. I started my planning looking at the Universal website, but their partner hotel and ticket deals had 2 double beds as the room choice, and I knew that I just wanted a king bedded room without a suite. So I made the reservations on the Marriott website and got what I wanted. I figured we would just lose out on any discounts offered from Universal on meals or merchandise, but when we arrived at the hotel we were given a discount card on select restaurants and items and that turned out to be what we used. The room itself was just what I expected in a Fairfield Inn of its vintage. The counter space around the sink was a bit small. The bed was comfortable. There were lots of TV chanels with Direct TV on a flat screen. The staff was always helpful and cheerful. Free parking, free internet, clean, smoke free hotel. I felt that I got good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your review and for your 5-out of-5 rating! It seems like you picked out a great time to travel to Orlando and visit the amusement parks! Thank you for sharing the information about our accommodations and services with other travelers. We hope to see you again soon and have a wonderful holiday season!
Carver, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Clean room+ free breakfast+ nice gym and pool = nice stay.
I would stay here again. Easy check in front desk person was friendly, nice clean room with clean bathroom. Free Internet access and free parking. A lot of places to eat nearby.

• Stayed November 2012
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
That's a great equation! I am very happy we met your needs and you had a nice stay. We hope you will choose us again for you future trips to Orlando area. Thank you for your review and hope you have a great holiday season!
md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

If you want a property that is close to the park, but not to expensive, this is a good choice. Clean, comfortable rooms . It offers a good breakfast in the morning. The rooms have a mini-fridge along with the usual amenities- coffee maker, etc. It is about 10minutes away from the Universal Studios.Parking is free.It is walking distance from Walgreens and Burger King and about a mile or so from a lot of good restaurants.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our accommodations and location as well as found good value for your money. We hope to have you stay with us next time you are visiting Orlando area. Have a wonderful day and Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Wembley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This property offers a fantastic location for Universal. Free shuttle service available (which ran once in the morning and once in the evening in late October) or a late night cab from Universal is a cheap as $4.50 one-way plus tip. Perfectly walkable though.

Lots of restaurants and a drug store very close by. I especially liked Miller’s Ale House.

Clean, modern and bright – Lana and her team should be proud.

Breakfast was fine and a good start to a day at the park.

My suite was a perfect size and the bed was very comfortable and the shower powerful. I was very well treated as a solo-traveller.

Pool area was a little basic, but it did the job.

I look forward to returning on my next trip to Orlando.

Room Tip: The suites are very nice.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you very much for your review and for your kind words. I am indeed very proud of the team I have! I am very happy you had an enjoyable stay and we are looking forward to your next visit! On behalf of the whole team of the Fairfield inn and Suites Orlando near Universal, Happy Holidays to you and your loved ones!
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel is about 1/4 mile from the entrance to Universal. It may seem walkable but when you take into consideration you still have at least another 1/2 mile from the entrance to the gate for the park you probably don't want to walk as you'll be walking all day. The rooms were updated, clean and comfortable. Breakfast offered a large array of foods from yogurt to pre-made breakfast sandwiches to oatmeal to make your own waffles. The front desk staff was great. They answered all of my Universal questions and made great recommendations. The shuttle left at 8:25am, which got us to the gate right before the park opened. The only returning shuttle was at 8:20 at night, which was too late for us, however a taxi to return to the hotel is only $8 (including tip) so we took the shuttle there and a taxi back. Don't park at Universal - it's $15 a day and the parking garage takes ages to get through and is FAR from the park gate. The only negative was the pool being shaded in the afternoon - as we were there in November it was too cold to swim and no chance of sunbathing. I would highly recommend this hotel as a reasonably priced choice for Universal.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and for sharing a plethora of information about our hotel, our services and the area! I am glad you had a great stay and our accommodations met your needs and budget. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays to you and your family!
Shelton, CT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here for one night in August. Very close to Universal and helpful staff. Excellent value for the price and a great free breakfast. Nice to get a free breakfast in Orlando before a day at the parks.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
LanaBurke, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you very much for your review and great rating! We are delighted to know that our location as well as the level of our service met your expectations and allowed you to thoroughly enjoy your vacation. We also hope that we will have the honor to be your host at your next visit to Orlando.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios? Share your experiences!