“Just right for us” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Jacksonville, Fl
“Just right for us”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

My son, daughter and I stayed one night while attending Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. This hotel is quiet, family friendly, and clean. Before arriving, I had requested a roll away bed and it was delivered promptly by a very polite staff member. Continental breakfast was satisfying with homemade waffles and plenty of juices and coffee. This is a must stay hotel for the convenience, location, cleanliness and staff professionalism.

Room Tip: Platinum members get to check in early and all requests were honored.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
AngelaBell, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a reveiw and for such kind words! We hope you and your children had a great time at Halloween Horror nights and are so glad to hear about your stay with us. I will certainly share with our team. Thank you again and we hope to see you again sometime in the near future. Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

The Kay Branch Missionary Baptist Church Senior Group recently spent 3 days and 2 nights at this hotel during a visit to The Holy Land Experience. The inn is very nice, spotless, well maintained, nicely decorated, and conveniently located. The included breakfast was incredible with many choices.
When an emergency developed with one of our members, the ENTIRE staff rendered kind, courteous and thoughtful services far beyond the call of duty. Our church family extends its thanks to the staff and commends them for their extraordinary commitment to service as well as the kindness and compassion shown to our group. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: The rooms near the elevator are handicapped accessible with very large bathrooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind words. I personally remember your group as you were all so wonderful. I was also on duty that evening and we were more than happy to assist you. It can sometimes be difficult to have an unexpected situation happen when you are not in your own hometown. We do realize this with all our guests and always want to make sure that we assist and to be that resource as if you were at home. I would like to say on behalf of my team and I, we appreciate the fact you took the time out to write a review. This means so much to us. I am also glad to hear that you will return. We look forward to seeing you again in the future and I will certainly share your kind words with our team. Say hello and thank you to all. Have a great day!
Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

I spent a whole week in this hotel during my boyfriends first visit to Disney World, actually our first trip together. You have nothing else to ask for. conveniently located, comfortable bed, very clean room, huge bathroom, nice pool and jacuzzi to relax after a whole day at parks...and most of all, EXTREMELY friendly staff at front desk and breakfast room.
Very good price. Lets face it, when you go to Disney World, you spend 80% of your day at the parks, so you dont need a resort which amenities you wont even have time to enjoy.
Trust me...this is the place to stay !

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
AngelaBell, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, October 29, 2011
Thank you so much for writing about us and about our team members. They will be so excited to read this. I am personally loving the title...CCC! Our pool and jacuzzi are used quite frequently by our guests after a long day at the parks. Thank you so much for choosing us for your stay in the Orlando area. We hope to see you one day in the near future! Thank you again and have a great day!
ljanelle85
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

I went to Universal with my mom and stayed at Fairfield for 2 nights (Friday-Saturday). The front desk staff is beyond nice. I travel a lot and I'm used to grumpy check-in clerks, especially later in the evening, but even after dealing with a huge, non-English speaking group in front of me, the guy behind the desk was pleasant and helpful. He even gave me free bottled water when I asked for change so I could hit up the vending machines. If you ask, they have a printed map of a running trail near the hotel. My mom was going to go but was hesitant about running in the area by herself, so she hit the gym instead. She had a great workout but since treadmills are limited, she had to quit at 3 miles because there were 2 people waiting in line at 7 in the morning.

The rooms were clean and quiet. The hotel is definitely within walking distance of Universal if you're used to walking. It took us fifteen minutes of brisk walking to get to the gate (and we're both runners), but beware if you're going to walk a lot at the park - the walk back to the hotel is a lot harder than the walk there, haha. Also, go left down Kirkland and right on Major instead of walking down Vineland - it's faster (we tried both).

Breakfast was great. Lots of options. Note that if you book a room without a sofabed, you won't have a fridge or microwave. Didn't bother me because I knew this going in. I will definitely stay here again next time I'm in town.

Room Tip: Book sofabed room if you need microwave/fridge.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience and the comments about our Front Desk Team Members here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando near Universal. I am so glad to hear that our directions for running trails came in handy for you. We have a lot of avid runners that stay with us, so we want to make sure we are ready for them. Also, I am sorry to hear about the limitation of time on the treadmill. We do have only one treadmill; however we do have options for a full-service gym less than a mile away, that guests can also use at a nominal fee. This is an additional option if guests want to keep up with their workout regimens. Also, thank you for your comments about the rooms being clean and about the breakfast. We appreciate that you and your mom chose us and we hope to see you one day soon in the future! Have a great day!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

clean, front desk people were so nice.
walgreen is close,
anyway, if I have a rent a car, I must choose this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for taking the time out and sharing with others some key points. Being that our hotel is about 20-miles from the Orlando International Airport, we do recommend renting a vehicle during your stay. If you go to our Marriott website, you will find several rental car companies listed. Also, thank you so much for sharing about the team members and the service they provided. As always, they will be excited to see what you have written. Thank you for staying with us and have a great day!
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Hotel was clean and neat. Just around the corner from Universal. There is a Wendy's and a Burger King next door as well as an Ale house, Walgreens, and Kobe in the plaza adjacent to the property. Pool and hot tub had plenty of lounge chairs. We had a small fridge and microwave in the room which was great for the trip.

When we came back to the hotel around 10:30pm from dinner we had trouble finding a parking spot and ended up circling the lot for 6-7 minutes before finding somewhere to park

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
AngelaBell, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a reveiw and sharing about your experience here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando near Universal Resort! I will certainly share with the team. I am sorry to hear about the parking. I will have to check why this occured during your stay. If you come back to stay with us again, please immediatley come to the front desk if you cannot find a parking place. We will certainly assist you. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again in the near future. Have a great day!
Curitiba, PR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

We had a very very pleasant 10-day stay at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, and we wish to say that all the staff was the nicest from the manager to reception, cleaning and maintenance personnel; special reference should be done to every-late-afternoon fresh and warm cookies at the lobby and to the best breakfast u-can-have in Orlando by always attentive Nadia! Great service! We've really appreciated the stay, info & helping and we'll certainly be back and recommend Fairfield Inn Orlando Universal to everyone!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
AngelaBell, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you so much! This is so great to hear and I will certainly share with the team! Nadia is so great and so many people let me know this. She is everyones "Mom" at breakfast. She is always helping families, or our corporate travelers to ensure they are taken care of before they start thier day. As far as my team at the hotel, I feel truly blessed to have them all working with me and that they care about all of our guests. They know that being away from home, especially for "10" days can be a long time for someone, however I am glad to hear they were consistent each day. The cookies are fantastic and our guests love them. It is someone difficult each day, when we smell those hot, fresh cookies baking, batch after batch for our team also... :) Again, I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and thank you so much for choosing us for your 10-day trip to Orlando! Take care.

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios? Share your experiences!