“Check your reservation, before you arrive” 1 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #50 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersBronze level
US Navy Afloat
“Check your reservation, before you arrive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

I am an avid fan of Marriott properties - however this visit required a rather harsh review.

Made my reservation, online....well in advance....for a King Room. Had my confirmation, and everything is good to go. Have stayed here before, and never had any problems.

However, upon arrival----I was told that they "over sold" the rooms, and had no King rooms available. Front Desk reception was very helpful, however could not provide me any further info----other than "We changed your reservation from a King to 2 double beds, because we oversold the hotel". Unfortunate for me----I cannot sleep in a double (comfortably) due to my height.....plus, it wasn't the room I reserved.

The hotel is very nice-----very close to Universal----and a great free breakfast. However, the poor Management (overbooking their property) and the lack of any assistance to get me into a King room, prevents me from recommending this property----especially when there are so many hotels nearby.

Check your reservation the day before.....just to make sure you still have what you reserved.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
AngelaBell, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, May 22, 2011
Thank you so much for sharing about the issue that occured with your stay. It is important to me that our guest are satisfied, and this does not sound like the case. I would like to speak you regarding your experience, as I would like to assist you with the inconvenience that you have mentioned. I can be reached at 407-581-5600 or you can email me at angela.m.bell@marriott.com. Thank you so much and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kindest Regards,

Angela M. Bell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

This is a great hotel for value.....clean and comfortable...having breakfast downstairs included was a great benefit.
Perking could be tricky on Saturday night and more shuttle intervals would have been nice, but its a great place to stay. The location is great for the parks and shopping.
Would certainly stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011 via mobile

This place is great. Daniel at the front desk did a great job of getting me into a more preferred room, and all other staff I interacted were friendly without being overbearing and fake. I was on business this trip, but I will stay here in the future with my family!

• Stayed April 2011
Rockledge, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

We had stayed in this hotel a few years back and really liked it so we booked it again for our weekend getaway. The hotel is very clean and the staff is super friendly. They have a pretty good complimentary breakfast bar too. Our room was on the 5th floor next to the stairway so it worked out great as we could go down the stairs and out the side door. I only wish the shuttle ran several times a day instead of only one pickup in the morning and one drop off in the evening. We had wanted to go over to City Walk around 4 one afternoon but did not want to pay the $15 parking fee just to walk around. We had thought the shuttle ran every 20 minutes like it used too. But that was the only negative. The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean and nice, we had a view of the front area and could almost see the entrance to Universal. There are a few restaurants within walking distance as well as Walgreens. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
AngelaBell, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you so much for writing a comment regarding your stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando near Universal. I appreciate your feedback regarding the shuttle challenges. This is a service that is offered to our hotel from Universal Orlando. Unfortunatley, the limitation of one shuttle per day can create a challenge. There are times in the year that they do add additional times, however it was not during the time you stayed with us. Thank you again for your comments and we do look forward to hosting you and your family in the near future.
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

The staff was friendly, the rooms very clean and updated. Continental breakfast was good with plenty of seating. It was an easy 10-15 minute walk to Universal which we did the first day. The second day we rode the shuttle which was convienent and nice for tired feet. Several restaurants within walking distance. Complimentary parking was nice as not all the nearby hotels offer that. I would definitely stay here again if we return.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a comment regarding your stay. We appreciate you staying with us and look forward to hosting you and your family in the future. Thank you again.
Cary, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I just returned from a 2 night business trip for some training seminars and had a noteworthy experience at this Fairfield Inn. The staff at check in were energetic, friendly and eager to help in anyway they could. In fact, every employee I encountered during my stay had a big grin on their face as if they loved their jobs. The room was clean and comfortable. Their was a short note from the manager that welcomed me to the room but was also light hearted and humorous. It included a list of meaningless facts like "the skin that peels off after a sunburn is called 'blype'". I got the feeling that the positive customer first attitude from the manager had infected her entire staff. I had the housekeeper stop me in the halleway to ask if my room had been cleaned to my satisfaction. The reason I took the time to write this is because in over 311 stays in Marriott brand hotels, I have never been so impressed with the overall quality of service. This Fairfield's staff could handle a JW Marriott or Ritz Carton. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2011

I booked a 2 night stay and when we arrived fairly late on our first night, we were told our room had been over-extended by the current guests and that there were no rooms for us. However, the hotel put us up at the Pointe Orlando resort ( a time-share) for free for our first night. This was fine with us and was only about 5-10 minutes away. We did take advantage of the fresh baked cookies b/f we left for the Pointe. The next morning, we planned on going to Universal Studios, so we went back to the hotel to park and partake of breakfast which the Pointe offered at at cost and the Fairfield's is complimentary. We took the free shuttle to the Park and then later we walked back to the hotel...about 10-15 minute walk. We were hoping for the fresh baked cookies to top off our night, but alas, they were all gone. We mentioned our disappointment to Lynette our front desk receptionist and she offered to bake some for us. We went to our room and when we called to see if the cookies were ready, they weren't and we were so tired we fell asleep. But the next morning after eating breakfast and before we checked out, we again voiced our disappointment over the wonderful cookies and Max offered to bake some for us. So, in the end, right before we checked out at noon, we had yummy cookies. The beds were wonderfully comfortable and the breakfast was hearty.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Universal Studios? Share your experiences!