“Nice hotel for a decent price close to Downtown Disney” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12191 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #51 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Florida
“Nice hotel for a decent price close to Downtown Disney”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Spent one night here during a dance competition. Rooms were very nice in size and comfortable. They were nicely equipped. Good value for the $$$. Breakfast was closed by the time we got down (you would have thought with the time change they would keep it open a little late, but oh well - coffee was still available). Parking here wasnt the best - and there is heavy traffic in the area. Decent restaurants close by. Would stay again as long as rate was around $100.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We thank you for your review of our beautiful hotel and for choosing to stay here during the dance competition. Our convenient location to Downtown Disney is a great reason for choosing this hotel and the value you mention is another very popular reason. We are pleased to hear you and your family will return to stay with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando on a future trip to the Walt Disney World area.

360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

A couple of friends and I stayed here while visiting Disney World. Overall I was pleased with the hotel. The staff were fantastic, really friendly and helpful. There are a few restaurants right next door to the hotel - I didn't have time to try them though. There's a free shuttle to Disney. There was a fridge in the room, too, which was very useful to have. Free wi-fi too.

The downsides were really minor. There wasn't a safe in the room; reception has locked deposit boxes but they're wallet-sized so you can't lock up your laptop. We left ours with reception but I'd rather have access to a safe. Also, the shuttle bus doesn't run at the best times - the first one leaves at 8.45am, which sounds OK, but by the time you've taken the shuttle followed by another bus, a boat or a monorail (depending on which park you're going to) you're there more like 10 or 10.30, which means you can't skip the queues by beating the rush.

Those minor things aside, this is a nice hotel and I'd happily stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at our beautiful hotel and for sharing your review with other travelers. We often hear positive comments about the very fast complimentary wireless high speed internet access. In addition to this free WI-FI, we offer other free items such as parking, hot breakfast and scheduled Walt Disney shuttle transportation. These all combine to make a stay in our hotel a great value. We would like to clarify that the free Disney shuttles go to the Disney transportation center at Epcot. From that point, Disney provides free transportation to the other three Disney theme parks. There are three departures and three return trips daily. We are hoping to add in-room safes to one floor of our hotel at some point in 2013. On your next visit to the Orlando Lake Buena Vista Disney area, we hope you and your friends will return and stay with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista.

Blue Bell, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was the first time for us staying at a Fairfield inn, but we have stayed at lots of Marriott properties in the past. Fairfield Inns are a grade below the Courtyards or the Residence Inns it seems. We did stay here due to the fact that my Marriott Visa gives me a yearly free night at a level 4 or below.
Bottom line, this hotel is fine and has all the basics. quiet room, good a/c with a fan only option, comfortable beds, nice HD flat screen, friendly staff.
Free breakfasts at places like these can lead to a bit of a stampede but the staff keeps up with demand and you need to be patient and considerate when its crowded.
We weren't in the room much (you probably won't be either) but I would come back here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
The Panasonic 32” flat screen LCD TV’s you mention offer almost 50 HD channels for your viewing pleasure. This is a great way to unwind after a long day at the local attractions. Thank you for your review and for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista for your trip to the Walt Disney World area. We are pleased to hear you would return to stay with us again in the future.

Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is clean and has a modern lobby. They offer free breakfast including scrambled eggs and a waffle maker. The hotel is near many restaurants. They offer a free shuttle to Epcot.. They have a small pool but it is heated and hardly nobody uses it. For example today me and my wife had all the pool to ourselves. It was a great way to end our vacation. There is also a pretty good exercise room. Some people complained on trip adviser about the lack of parking but we never had any issues finding a parking spot. The only negative I have is that the elevator is not very fast for a hotel with only 5 floors. Also the breakfast area can be a bit crowded but I guess it depends on the time of th morning. Finally the front desk staff were friendly. Overall this hotel gets a tumbs up.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
We would like to thank you for your informative review that shares important information about our beautiful hotel with other travelers. The heated pool you mention has been very popular with the recent cool weather. The free hot breakfast and free scheduled shuttle to Epcot are reasons why many guests choose to stay here. Our fitness or exercise room that you mentioned is another great reason. It has an excellent variety of new equipment from Life Fitness such as 2 treadmills, 2 cross training machines and a recumbent bike, all with a 17” TV attached. The room also has a dumbbell rack with weights. Thank you for sharing your review and we hope you will be able to return and stay again with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Disney area.

Fernandina Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My fiance and I both being Ritz Carlton employees tend to be big critics of hotels. That being said we got a pretty decent room rate for this hotel. As to be expected we were put by the elevator. It happens to us all the time so to us it was no big deal. This hotel was lovely. The breakfast had an adequate selection but got quite busy at times. The staff was also very friendly. Being close to the elevator also meant hearing the screaming children and the hustle first thing in the morning. But it is to be expected as it is a Disney good neighbor hotel. If there weren't excited children in the morning about going to Disney, I would be quite worried. The only real complaint I had about our stay was the water temperature in the shower it was either burn your skin hot or ice cold. I have stayed at several Disney area Marriott hotels and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this Fairfield. I will definitely go back on my next Disney trip.

Room Tip: If you are looking to get a good nights sleep and sleep in a bit, be sure to ask for a room further...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and providing us with this feedback. Regarding the issues in the water temperature in the shower, would it be possible to have you contact me with the room number that you stayed in? I want to have our engineering department resolve this issue if it has not already been done. Thank you for sharing this information and for choosing our hotel. We hope you will return to visit the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area.

Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Since I had booked this hotel over the internet - basically sight unseen - I was a bit nervous as to what our accomodations would be like (ie) clean, roomy, location... I was pleasantly surprised!
The rooms were spacious, clean, with up to date decor and the beds were comfortable. In the common area of the hotel, it was very clean and nicely decorated. The location couldn't have been better - walking distance to gift shops, restaurants, Walgreens and just a 10 minute drive to Disney World. The free breakfast bar was really good. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, cereal, fresh fruit, biscuits, bagals, muffins, waffles and fresh juices.The entire staff from the front desk to housekeeping were very nice and helpful. Check In and Check Out was efficient and quick. Housekeeping restocked our room everyday with fresh towels, soap, and coffee. Parking was not an issue for us and we had a family group with 3 vehicles. We had a wonderful stay without one complaint; I will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in the 1 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
The one bedroom king suite you mention is very popular with families because of the door that separates the bedroom from the living room area when closed. This provides privacy for family members in both areas, and both areas contain a Panasonic 32” flat screen LCD TV. The bedroom has a king size bed and the living room contains a sofa bed. Like every room or suite in the hotel, the one bedroom king suite also has a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and hairdryer. All rooms and suites also include complimentary items such as hot breakfast, high speed wireless internet, parking and scheduled Disney shuttle. We thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We hope you will return to visit the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I had planned on taking my four children to Disney since this past summer. Originally, I had booked to stay at Disney World in a suite. But the more I researched the experience of staying at Disney, the less appealing it became to me.

I realized that I did not want to stay in a large oversized resort, dealing with crowds of screaming toddlers at breakfast. Nor did I want us to be packed into Disney buses like a head of cattle. I came to realize that the whole Disney experience may not be as "magical" as it was perceived on television.

So, I turned to Tripadvisor to find a hotel outside of the Disney resorts. But how to choose a hotel from over the 300 listed? I read each hotel review, and decided to make a reservation at this Fairfield for a number of reasons. Firstly, I was impressed by the photos of the modern and clean areas of the hotel. I was also equally impressed by the individual responses to each review on Tripadvisor that had been left by Mr. Lower, the General Manager of the hotel.

I have four children aged 15, 13, 12 and 9. Upon arrival at Orlando International, we picked up our rented minivan and had a short 25 minute drive to the hotel. Upon arrival, our rooms (one double queen and one king) were not ready as we had arrived early in the morning. We left our bags with Carlos at the hotel and headed over to Epcot. We spent the day at Epcot, and stayed for the firework show which closed the park. When we left Epcot, we saw the Disney Resort guests lining up in long lines to board their buses. As I had suspected, the buses were being crammed full of people. I was already happy with the choice of not staying at a Disney Resort. We climbed into our minivan and had a fifteen minute drive back to the hotel. The Disney buses can take much longer to get to their resorts, not to mention the additional time to get to your room once you arrive at the resort.

We parked easily, and checked into our rooms. The rooms were magnificent in every detail. Modern, spacious, and impeccably clean, and trust me I look carefully. We climbed into beds which were clean, fresh and extremely comfortable. I was thinking that night about the rooms at Disney's Art of Animation, where the table turns into a bed, and was so thankful to be sleeping in such comfortable surroundings.

After a wonderful nights sleep we headed to the dining room in the morning for our complimentary breakfast. We did make an effort to dine early everyday, so that we could be at the Disney Parks when they opened. We enjoyed a plethora of choices for breakfast. Waffles, eggs, bagels, pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit, oatmeal, sausages, and juices to name but a few. Like our hotel rooms, the breakfast room was impeccably clean. The staff replenished items and kept the room running meticulously.

Every evening when we returned to the resort we were all exhausted, and had had more than enough of being with people. We were able to park our car and choose from a variety of restaurants located within steps of the hotel. We would carry out from the restaurant, and eat in our hotel room, giving us much needed down time.

The location of the hotel is what makes this hotel unique. Unlike the other hotels on the street, it is tucked away from the road deep within a strip mall on a perpendicular angle to the street. This results in the guest rooms being cushioned from the street noise. We slept soundly every night we were there.

The hotel also has two laundry rooms which we utilized on a daily basis. I am happy to tell you that the drier actually dries a load of laundry in one 30 minute cycle.

What truly makes this hotel special though, is it's staff. We were always greeted in the hallways by every hotel team member we encountered. It is clearly apparent that the staff have such a sense of pride in adhering to the high standards Mr. Lower has come to expect from his team.

In summary, if you are looking for a hotel in a fantastic location with immaculate standards, and a team of dedicated staff, then this is the hotel to stay in. The value for money against a Disney resort is excessively favorable, and I believe you get better personalized service than you would at Disney. Really, why stay anywhere else?

Thank you to Mr. Lower and his team members for making our Disney vacation truly "magical". When we return, we look forward to staying with you again!

• Stayed January 2013
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
WOW! On behalf of my entire Team I would like to thank you for this eloquently written and extremely informative review that addresses so many key points of your stay. We are so pleased to hear your stay was magical. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel when you return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando for your next visit to Walt Disney World and all of the other nearby local attractions.

Sean Lower

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!