“Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12191 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersSilver level
Michigan
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Since I had booked this hotel over the internet - basically sight unseen - I was a bit nervous as to what our accomodations would be like (ie) clean, roomy, location... I was pleasantly surprised!
The rooms were spacious, clean, with up to date decor and the beds were comfortable. In the common area of the hotel, it was very clean and nicely decorated. The location couldn't have been better - walking distance to gift shops, restaurants, Walgreens and just a 10 minute drive to Disney World. The free breakfast bar was really good. They had scrambled eggs, sausage, Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, cereal, fresh fruit, biscuits, bagals, muffins, waffles and fresh juices.The entire staff from the front desk to housekeeping were very nice and helpful. Check In and Check Out was efficient and quick. Housekeeping restocked our room everyday with fresh towels, soap, and coffee. Parking was not an issue for us and we had a family group with 3 vehicles. We had a wonderful stay without one complaint; I will certainly stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor in the 1 bedroom suite.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
The one bedroom king suite you mention is very popular with families because of the door that separates the bedroom from the living room area when closed. This provides privacy for family members in both areas, and both areas contain a Panasonic 32” flat screen LCD TV. The bedroom has a king size bed and the living room contains a sofa bed. Like every room or suite in the hotel, the one bedroom king suite also has a mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker and hairdryer. All rooms and suites also include complimentary items such as hot breakfast, high speed wireless internet, parking and scheduled Disney shuttle. We thank you for your review and for choosing our hotel. We hope you will return to visit the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area.

Sean Lower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I had planned on taking my four children to Disney since this past summer. Originally, I had booked to stay at Disney World in a suite. But the more I researched the experience of staying at Disney, the less appealing it became to me.

I realized that I did not want to stay in a large oversized resort, dealing with crowds of screaming toddlers at breakfast. Nor did I want us to be packed into Disney buses like a head of cattle. I came to realize that the whole Disney experience may not be as "magical" as it was perceived on television.

So, I turned to Tripadvisor to find a hotel outside of the Disney resorts. But how to choose a hotel from over the 300 listed? I read each hotel review, and decided to make a reservation at this Fairfield for a number of reasons. Firstly, I was impressed by the photos of the modern and clean areas of the hotel. I was also equally impressed by the individual responses to each review on Tripadvisor that had been left by Mr. Lower, the General Manager of the hotel.

I have four children aged 15, 13, 12 and 9. Upon arrival at Orlando International, we picked up our rented minivan and had a short 25 minute drive to the hotel. Upon arrival, our rooms (one double queen and one king) were not ready as we had arrived early in the morning. We left our bags with Carlos at the hotel and headed over to Epcot. We spent the day at Epcot, and stayed for the firework show which closed the park. When we left Epcot, we saw the Disney Resort guests lining up in long lines to board their buses. As I had suspected, the buses were being crammed full of people. I was already happy with the choice of not staying at a Disney Resort. We climbed into our minivan and had a fifteen minute drive back to the hotel. The Disney buses can take much longer to get to their resorts, not to mention the additional time to get to your room once you arrive at the resort.

We parked easily, and checked into our rooms. The rooms were magnificent in every detail. Modern, spacious, and impeccably clean, and trust me I look carefully. We climbed into beds which were clean, fresh and extremely comfortable. I was thinking that night about the rooms at Disney's Art of Animation, where the table turns into a bed, and was so thankful to be sleeping in such comfortable surroundings.

After a wonderful nights sleep we headed to the dining room in the morning for our complimentary breakfast. We did make an effort to dine early everyday, so that we could be at the Disney Parks when they opened. We enjoyed a plethora of choices for breakfast. Waffles, eggs, bagels, pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit, oatmeal, sausages, and juices to name but a few. Like our hotel rooms, the breakfast room was impeccably clean. The staff replenished items and kept the room running meticulously.

Every evening when we returned to the resort we were all exhausted, and had had more than enough of being with people. We were able to park our car and choose from a variety of restaurants located within steps of the hotel. We would carry out from the restaurant, and eat in our hotel room, giving us much needed down time.

The location of the hotel is what makes this hotel unique. Unlike the other hotels on the street, it is tucked away from the road deep within a strip mall on a perpendicular angle to the street. This results in the guest rooms being cushioned from the street noise. We slept soundly every night we were there.

The hotel also has two laundry rooms which we utilized on a daily basis. I am happy to tell you that the drier actually dries a load of laundry in one 30 minute cycle.

What truly makes this hotel special though, is it's staff. We were always greeted in the hallways by every hotel team member we encountered. It is clearly apparent that the staff have such a sense of pride in adhering to the high standards Mr. Lower has come to expect from his team.

In summary, if you are looking for a hotel in a fantastic location with immaculate standards, and a team of dedicated staff, then this is the hotel to stay in. The value for money against a Disney resort is excessively favorable, and I believe you get better personalized service than you would at Disney. Really, why stay anywhere else?

Thank you to Mr. Lower and his team members for making our Disney vacation truly "magical". When we return, we look forward to staying with you again!

• Stayed January 2013
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
WOW! On behalf of my entire Team I would like to thank you for this eloquently written and extremely informative review that addresses so many key points of your stay. We are so pleased to hear your stay was magical. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel when you return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando for your next visit to Walt Disney World and all of the other nearby local attractions.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the family suite and my four years old kid loved it because he had his own tv with bunk bed. The hotel is near to downtown Disney and it is convenience. I loved the interior colors of the hotel. The stuffs are courteous. morning breakfast had variety to choose from. We enjoyed staying at fairfield and will go back next time!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of our beautiful hotel. The convenient location to Downtown Disney is a great reason for choosing our hotel and the family suites are another. They are very popular among families with younger children thanks to the separate area for the kids complete with bunk beds, PS3 gaming system and Panasonic 32” flat screen LCD TV. We are pleased to hear you and your family will return to see us again.

Dowagiac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel through our vacation club. A great experience. The hotel is located just off of I4. The front desk clerk was very polite and answered all of our questions. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfy. The breakfast was great with pleny of choices. The dining area had plenty of room to accomodate everyone. The hotel is very convenient to Disney and Universial Studios. We did not use the shuttle. There are plenty of restrauants in the area. We will definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for sharing your review of our hotel with other travelers. Our convenient location to the Walt Disney World parks, I-4 and all of the attractions make our hotel a popular choice for families or couples on vacation. We are pleased to hear you will definitely return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando when you return to the Walt Disney World area in the future.

Camp Hill, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I use Marriott points to stay here when we visited Epcot.
The staff was very polite professional and responsive to any needs that we had.
The room was very nice. However the view from our room wasn't the best. The hotel is in a strip mall. Parking Was adequate.
The breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs and sausage. Lots of pastries cereals pancakes. The dining area was large. It had to be because of all the people that use it. It was a very very good breakfast.
We didn't use the pool for the weight room. I didn't see anyone in there when we walked by.
The hotel is only about 10 minutes from Epcot via I-4 for the Disney expressway.
They offer free shuttle service that leaves three times per day. It's the last stop route.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Thank you staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the strip mall. Our room faced the hotel On the other side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Our convenient location to Epcot and the other Walt Disney World theme parks is a common reason for many of our guests choosing to stay at our beautiful hotel. Marriott Reward members often choose to stay complimentary using the points they have earned in this great program as you did, what a great deal! The free hot breakfast and free scheduled shuttle to Epcot are other great reasons many guests share for choosing to stay here. Thank you for sharing your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area.

Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here using reward points before checking into Disney. The hotel was in a strip mall complex with a few restaurants including Giordano's Pizza. If you have never eaten there you have to go. The best deep dish pizza you will find anywhere. The hotel was an older building but the rooms seemed to be updated. The first room we got had ants and black hair in the bathroom. We called the front desk and they put us into another room down the hall without hesitation. There was a shoe print in the bathroom of that room but we didn't say anything. The beds were really comfortable (a lot more so than the ones at Disney!). The free breakfast buffet was pretty good and had plenty to choose from. The only downside of the hotel is it's location of being in a strip mall complex and the parking as such. I was nervous about the security of parking lot and was relieved when I found my vehicle the next morning exactly as I left it the night before.

Overall, I thought this was a good hotel and would stay here again. I'm giving it four stars because of the cleanliness & parking situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and this feedback. We do appreciate the business from our Marriott Rewards members and getting to stay using points is a great benefit of membership. For our guests who are not members, we encourage them to join this great program. Our rooms and all public areas were completely renovated by the beginning of October 2011. Regarding the issues in the room, would it be possible to have you contact me with the first room number that you stayed in? We want to be sure the ant problem was resolved by our pest control company. Thank you for sharing this information.

Goodyear
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks before Christmas. We had planned to stay only 6 nights; however, my children and I came down with the flu a few days after arriving. We were so sick, we were unable to leave our room. We added an additional 4 nights onto our trip (until we were cleared to fly). The staff was SO NICE about everything (our changing plans, keeping popsicles for our kids, cleaning up after our violently ill 5-yr-olds, etc...). When they realized how sick we were, housekeeping brought a huge tray of juices for our kids, and staff asked everyday how we were doing or if they could help with anything. Carlos, Jen, and Rafael were especially friendly and wonderful to talk to. Yes, the hotel rooms are nice, it's really close to the parks, and the breakfast is great, but what really makes this hotel wonderful are the employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We thank you for the mention of the Team members listed here and we are proud to hear that they made such a positive impression on you and your family during this challenging time as a result of being sick. We hope your family members are all fully recovered and back to normal. Hopefully your family will return to stay with us again in the future under healthier conditions so the fun options in our area can be better enjoyed. We thank you for your review and for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista for your trip to the Walt Disney World area.

Sean Lower

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!