“One Mother and Four Children going to Disney!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12191 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #48 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
“One Mother and Four Children going to Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

I had planned on taking my four children to Disney since this past summer. Originally, I had booked to stay at Disney World in a suite. But the more I researched the experience of staying at Disney, the less appealing it became to me.

I realized that I did not want to stay in a large oversized resort, dealing with crowds of screaming toddlers at breakfast. Nor did I want us to be packed into Disney buses like a head of cattle. I came to realize that the whole Disney experience may not be as "magical" as it was perceived on television.

So, I turned to Tripadvisor to find a hotel outside of the Disney resorts. But how to choose a hotel from over the 300 listed? I read each hotel review, and decided to make a reservation at this Fairfield for a number of reasons. Firstly, I was impressed by the photos of the modern and clean areas of the hotel. I was also equally impressed by the individual responses to each review on Tripadvisor that had been left by Mr. Lower, the General Manager of the hotel.

I have four children aged 15, 13, 12 and 9. Upon arrival at Orlando International, we picked up our rented minivan and had a short 25 minute drive to the hotel. Upon arrival, our rooms (one double queen and one king) were not ready as we had arrived early in the morning. We left our bags with Carlos at the hotel and headed over to Epcot. We spent the day at Epcot, and stayed for the firework show which closed the park. When we left Epcot, we saw the Disney Resort guests lining up in long lines to board their buses. As I had suspected, the buses were being crammed full of people. I was already happy with the choice of not staying at a Disney Resort. We climbed into our minivan and had a fifteen minute drive back to the hotel. The Disney buses can take much longer to get to their resorts, not to mention the additional time to get to your room once you arrive at the resort.

We parked easily, and checked into our rooms. The rooms were magnificent in every detail. Modern, spacious, and impeccably clean, and trust me I look carefully. We climbed into beds which were clean, fresh and extremely comfortable. I was thinking that night about the rooms at Disney's Art of Animation, where the table turns into a bed, and was so thankful to be sleeping in such comfortable surroundings.

After a wonderful nights sleep we headed to the dining room in the morning for our complimentary breakfast. We did make an effort to dine early everyday, so that we could be at the Disney Parks when they opened. We enjoyed a plethora of choices for breakfast. Waffles, eggs, bagels, pastries, yogurts, fresh fruit, oatmeal, sausages, and juices to name but a few. Like our hotel rooms, the breakfast room was impeccably clean. The staff replenished items and kept the room running meticulously.

Every evening when we returned to the resort we were all exhausted, and had had more than enough of being with people. We were able to park our car and choose from a variety of restaurants located within steps of the hotel. We would carry out from the restaurant, and eat in our hotel room, giving us much needed down time.

The location of the hotel is what makes this hotel unique. Unlike the other hotels on the street, it is tucked away from the road deep within a strip mall on a perpendicular angle to the street. This results in the guest rooms being cushioned from the street noise. We slept soundly every night we were there.

The hotel also has two laundry rooms which we utilized on a daily basis. I am happy to tell you that the drier actually dries a load of laundry in one 30 minute cycle.

What truly makes this hotel special though, is it's staff. We were always greeted in the hallways by every hotel team member we encountered. It is clearly apparent that the staff have such a sense of pride in adhering to the high standards Mr. Lower has come to expect from his team.

In summary, if you are looking for a hotel in a fantastic location with immaculate standards, and a team of dedicated staff, then this is the hotel to stay in. The value for money against a Disney resort is excessively favorable, and I believe you get better personalized service than you would at Disney. Really, why stay anywhere else?

Thank you to Mr. Lower and his team members for making our Disney vacation truly "magical". When we return, we look forward to staying with you again!

• Stayed January 2013
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
WOW! On behalf of my entire Team I would like to thank you for this eloquently written and extremely informative review that addresses so many key points of your stay. We are so pleased to hear your stay was magical. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful hotel when you return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando for your next visit to Walt Disney World and all of the other nearby local attractions.

Sean Lower

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the family suite and my four years old kid loved it because he had his own tv with bunk bed. The hotel is near to downtown Disney and it is convenience. I loved the interior colors of the hotel. The stuffs are courteous. morning breakfast had variety to choose from. We enjoyed staying at fairfield and will go back next time!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your review of our beautiful hotel. The convenient location to Downtown Disney is a great reason for choosing our hotel and the family suites are another. They are very popular among families with younger children thanks to the separate area for the kids complete with bunk beds, PS3 gaming system and Panasonic 32” flat screen LCD TV. We are pleased to hear you and your family will return to see us again.

Dowagiac, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed in this hotel through our vacation club. A great experience. The hotel is located just off of I4. The front desk clerk was very polite and answered all of our questions. The room was very nice and clean. The bed was very comfy. The breakfast was great with pleny of choices. The dining area had plenty of room to accomodate everyone. The hotel is very convenient to Disney and Universial Studios. We did not use the shuttle. There are plenty of restrauants in the area. We will definately stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
We thank you for sharing your review of our hotel with other travelers. Our convenient location to the Walt Disney World parks, I-4 and all of the attractions make our hotel a popular choice for families or couples on vacation. We are pleased to hear you will definitely return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando when you return to the Walt Disney World area in the future.

Camp Hill, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I use Marriott points to stay here when we visited Epcot.
The staff was very polite professional and responsive to any needs that we had.
The room was very nice. However the view from our room wasn't the best. The hotel is in a strip mall. Parking Was adequate.
The breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs and sausage. Lots of pastries cereals pancakes. The dining area was large. It had to be because of all the people that use it. It was a very very good breakfast.
We didn't use the pool for the weight room. I didn't see anyone in there when we walked by.
The hotel is only about 10 minutes from Epcot via I-4 for the Disney expressway.
They offer free shuttle service that leaves three times per day. It's the last stop route.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Thank you staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the strip mall. Our room faced the hotel On the other side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Our convenient location to Epcot and the other Walt Disney World theme parks is a common reason for many of our guests choosing to stay at our beautiful hotel. Marriott Reward members often choose to stay complimentary using the points they have earned in this great program as you did, what a great deal! The free hot breakfast and free scheduled shuttle to Epcot are other great reasons many guests share for choosing to stay here. Thank you for sharing your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area.

Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here using reward points before checking into Disney. The hotel was in a strip mall complex with a few restaurants including Giordano's Pizza. If you have never eaten there you have to go. The best deep dish pizza you will find anywhere. The hotel was an older building but the rooms seemed to be updated. The first room we got had ants and black hair in the bathroom. We called the front desk and they put us into another room down the hall without hesitation. There was a shoe print in the bathroom of that room but we didn't say anything. The beds were really comfortable (a lot more so than the ones at Disney!). The free breakfast buffet was pretty good and had plenty to choose from. The only downside of the hotel is it's location of being in a strip mall complex and the parking as such. I was nervous about the security of parking lot and was relieved when I found my vehicle the next morning exactly as I left it the night before.

Overall, I thought this was a good hotel and would stay here again. I'm giving it four stars because of the cleanliness & parking situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and this feedback. We do appreciate the business from our Marriott Rewards members and getting to stay using points is a great benefit of membership. For our guests who are not members, we encourage them to join this great program. Our rooms and all public areas were completely renovated by the beginning of October 2011. Regarding the issues in the room, would it be possible to have you contact me with the first room number that you stayed in? We want to be sure the ant problem was resolved by our pest control company. Thank you for sharing this information.

Goodyear
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks before Christmas. We had planned to stay only 6 nights; however, my children and I came down with the flu a few days after arriving. We were so sick, we were unable to leave our room. We added an additional 4 nights onto our trip (until we were cleared to fly). The staff was SO NICE about everything (our changing plans, keeping popsicles for our kids, cleaning up after our violently ill 5-yr-olds, etc...). When they realized how sick we were, housekeeping brought a huge tray of juices for our kids, and staff asked everyday how we were doing or if they could help with anything. Carlos, Jen, and Rafael were especially friendly and wonderful to talk to. Yes, the hotel rooms are nice, it's really close to the parks, and the breakfast is great, but what really makes this hotel wonderful are the employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We thank you for the mention of the Team members listed here and we are proud to hear that they made such a positive impression on you and your family during this challenging time as a result of being sick. We hope your family members are all fully recovered and back to normal. Hopefully your family will return to stay with us again in the future under healthier conditions so the fun options in our area can be better enjoyed. We thank you for your review and for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista for your trip to the Walt Disney World area.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed for 12 nights in Dec 2012 with my 3 kids. This is my 1st visit to Orlando.

The wifi in the hotel room has a really strong signal, and very fast download speed too.

The breakfast spread is great - waffles, toast bread, oat porridge, hamburgers, yogurt, fruit cups, fresh bananas, scrambled eggs & meat patties, coffee & tea, fruit juice, milk, a variety of corn flakes. But go before 9am, if you want bananas because they run out after that time.

The theme park free shuttle goes only to Epcot. Disney provides free connecting shuttles from Epcot to the other Disney theme parks.

There is no free shuttle to Universal Studios / Island of Adventure. But the free shuttle to Epcot takes you to Universal for a fee of $10 per person (2-way).

There is a separate free shuttle to the Premium Outlets shopping mall.

The theme park free shuttle's schedule is quite limited (last return trip is at 8pm from Epcot, or 10.30pm on those days when the parks have a later closing time). Better to go by public bus which allows more flexibility. Behind Fairfield, on the other side of Sheraton hotel at Palm Parkway, there is a Lynx service 50 which goes to Magic Kingdom every 30 minutes until midnight. Only $2 per trip each way for a 45 min ride. The bus stop is near the Pizza Hut. We did this so that we could stay till late at Magic Kingdom until the fireworks show at 10.30pm.

Going in the opposite direction from Magic Kingdom, the Lynx 50 goes to Sea World. There you can transfer to a Lynx 8 to Wet & Wild, then transfer to a Lynx 37 to Universal. Transfers are free if you get a transfer ticket when paying $2 on boarding the first bus. It's about 90 minutes each way including waiting time, but that's faster than the hotel free shuttle that takes even longer because it serves the Epcot passengers first, then goes round to other hotels on the way to Universal.

Better still, get a 7-day Lynx pass ($16 adult, $8 child below age 18, or 19 if still in school) - we saved a lot with this! Check the Lynx website (golynx dot com) for the documentary proof they need for child passes.

Fairfield has no restaurant on the property, but there are many food places all around. My favourite was China Buffet in the shopping centre in front of Fairfield. The buffet had a good spread, quality and taste were authentic Chinese (I am ethnic Chinese so I can tell), and very good value for money even for the a la carte items. The shopping centre also had restaurants serving Italian, Mexican and Indian food, and even a halal meat mart.

There's a Walgreen across the road where we bought bottled water by the carton, among other things.

The neighbourhood around Fairfield Inn seems safe. Almost every night, my kids and I returned from the theme parks after 11pm. We encountered no problems nor passed by any rough characters while walking back to the hotel from the bus stop.

The room does not have an in-room safe. Small safe deposit boxes are available at the front desk, but there’s no place to safe-keep your laptop in the hotel room, if you didn’t wish to lug it around the whole day at the theme parks. This was the only disappointing thing about Fairfield Inn.

I had booked a 2-Queen bed room for myself & the 3 kids. The mattress is firm, and pillows are soft. The hotel room has a flat screen TV, a writing desk, an armchair, a hair dryer, an ironing board (but no iron), a coffee maker, and a mini fridge. The air conditioner can be adjusted to any temperature to cool or heat the room. The bathroom towels are white & clean. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and a shower cap are provided. The room had a lingering smell of medicated oil, probably spilled by the previous occupant. Other than that, I was quite happy with the room.

Fairfield also has a laundry room at one end of the corridor (I was on the 3rd floor), with 2 washing machines and 2 dryers. $1.25 for each wash/dry cycle. I found this very useful.

The Fairfield staff were friendly and helpful. My flight arrived on the first day before 6am. The night duty manager allowed us to partake of the free breakfast even though he could not check us in at that time. He also let us store our baggage in the back office. Later, at around 8am, as I made an enquiry at the front desk about the shuttle buses to the theme parks, the day duty manager Carlos found out about my early arrival, and he very kindly took the trouble to find a room for me, and I was allowed an early check-in within 15 minutes! Thanks, Carlos!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with our beautiful hotel and for sharing this extremely informative review that mentions so many points of interest for other guests. We would like to clarify that the free Disney shuttles go to the Disney transportation center at Epcot. From that point, Disney provides free transportation to the other three Disney theme parks. In addition to this free transportation, we offer other free items such as parking, hot breakfast and high speed internet access which all combine to make a stay in our hotel a great value. We hope you and your family will to return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando if you return to the Walt Disney World area in the future.

Sean Lower

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!