“This is a wonderful hotel.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12191 S Apopka Vineland Rd, Orlando, FL 32836 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Lake Buena Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #51 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Camp Hill, PA
“This is a wonderful hotel.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I use Marriott points to stay here when we visited Epcot.
The staff was very polite professional and responsive to any needs that we had.
The room was very nice. However the view from our room wasn't the best. The hotel is in a strip mall. Parking Was adequate.
The breakfast was great. Scrambled eggs and sausage. Lots of pastries cereals pancakes. The dining area was large. It had to be because of all the people that use it. It was a very very good breakfast.
We didn't use the pool for the weight room. I didn't see anyone in there when we walked by.
The hotel is only about 10 minutes from Epcot via I-4 for the Disney expressway.
They offer free shuttle service that leaves three times per day. It's the last stop route.
We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Thank you staff.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the strip mall. Our room faced the hotel On the other side
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Our convenient location to Epcot and the other Walt Disney World theme parks is a common reason for many of our guests choosing to stay at our beautiful hotel. Marriott Reward members often choose to stay complimentary using the points they have earned in this great program as you did, what a great deal! The free hot breakfast and free scheduled shuttle to Epcot are other great reasons many guests share for choosing to stay here. Thank you for sharing your review and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us again at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista on a future visit to the Orlando Walt Disney World area.

366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Summerville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here using reward points before checking into Disney. The hotel was in a strip mall complex with a few restaurants including Giordano's Pizza. If you have never eaten there you have to go. The best deep dish pizza you will find anywhere. The hotel was an older building but the rooms seemed to be updated. The first room we got had ants and black hair in the bathroom. We called the front desk and they put us into another room down the hall without hesitation. There was a shoe print in the bathroom of that room but we didn't say anything. The beds were really comfortable (a lot more so than the ones at Disney!). The free breakfast buffet was pretty good and had plenty to choose from. The only downside of the hotel is it's location of being in a strip mall complex and the parking as such. I was nervous about the security of parking lot and was relieved when I found my vehicle the next morning exactly as I left it the night before.

Overall, I thought this was a good hotel and would stay here again. I'm giving it four stars because of the cleanliness & parking situation.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your review and this feedback. We do appreciate the business from our Marriott Rewards members and getting to stay using points is a great benefit of membership. For our guests who are not members, we encourage them to join this great program. Our rooms and all public areas were completely renovated by the beginning of October 2011. Regarding the issues in the room, would it be possible to have you contact me with the first room number that you stayed in? We want to be sure the ant problem was resolved by our pest control company. Thank you for sharing this information.

Goodyear
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

My family and I stayed at this hotel a few weeks before Christmas. We had planned to stay only 6 nights; however, my children and I came down with the flu a few days after arriving. We were so sick, we were unable to leave our room. We added an additional 4 nights onto our trip (until we were cleared to fly). The staff was SO NICE about everything (our changing plans, keeping popsicles for our kids, cleaning up after our violently ill 5-yr-olds, etc...). When they realized how sick we were, housekeeping brought a huge tray of juices for our kids, and staff asked everyday how we were doing or if they could help with anything. Carlos, Jen, and Rafael were especially friendly and wonderful to talk to. Yes, the hotel rooms are nice, it's really close to the parks, and the breakfast is great, but what really makes this hotel wonderful are the employees.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
We thank you for the mention of the Team members listed here and we are proud to hear that they made such a positive impression on you and your family during this challenging time as a result of being sick. We hope your family members are all fully recovered and back to normal. Hopefully your family will return to stay with us again in the future under healthier conditions so the fun options in our area can be better enjoyed. We thank you for your review and for choosing the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista for your trip to the Walt Disney World area.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed for 12 nights in Dec 2012 with my 3 kids. This is my 1st visit to Orlando.

The wifi in the hotel room has a really strong signal, and very fast download speed too.

The breakfast spread is great - waffles, toast bread, oat porridge, hamburgers, yogurt, fruit cups, fresh bananas, scrambled eggs & meat patties, coffee & tea, fruit juice, milk, a variety of corn flakes. But go before 9am, if you want bananas because they run out after that time.

The theme park free shuttle goes only to Epcot. Disney provides free connecting shuttles from Epcot to the other Disney theme parks.

There is no free shuttle to Universal Studios / Island of Adventure. But the free shuttle to Epcot takes you to Universal for a fee of $10 per person (2-way).

There is a separate free shuttle to the Premium Outlets shopping mall.

The theme park free shuttle's schedule is quite limited (last return trip is at 8pm from Epcot, or 10.30pm on those days when the parks have a later closing time). Better to go by public bus which allows more flexibility. Behind Fairfield, on the other side of Sheraton hotel at Palm Parkway, there is a Lynx service 50 which goes to Magic Kingdom every 30 minutes until midnight. Only $2 per trip each way for a 45 min ride. The bus stop is near the Pizza Hut. We did this so that we could stay till late at Magic Kingdom until the fireworks show at 10.30pm.

Going in the opposite direction from Magic Kingdom, the Lynx 50 goes to Sea World. There you can transfer to a Lynx 8 to Wet & Wild, then transfer to a Lynx 37 to Universal. Transfers are free if you get a transfer ticket when paying $2 on boarding the first bus. It's about 90 minutes each way including waiting time, but that's faster than the hotel free shuttle that takes even longer because it serves the Epcot passengers first, then goes round to other hotels on the way to Universal.

Better still, get a 7-day Lynx pass ($16 adult, $8 child below age 18, or 19 if still in school) - we saved a lot with this! Check the Lynx website (golynx dot com) for the documentary proof they need for child passes.

Fairfield has no restaurant on the property, but there are many food places all around. My favourite was China Buffet in the shopping centre in front of Fairfield. The buffet had a good spread, quality and taste were authentic Chinese (I am ethnic Chinese so I can tell), and very good value for money even for the a la carte items. The shopping centre also had restaurants serving Italian, Mexican and Indian food, and even a halal meat mart.

There's a Walgreen across the road where we bought bottled water by the carton, among other things.

The neighbourhood around Fairfield Inn seems safe. Almost every night, my kids and I returned from the theme parks after 11pm. We encountered no problems nor passed by any rough characters while walking back to the hotel from the bus stop.

The room does not have an in-room safe. Small safe deposit boxes are available at the front desk, but there’s no place to safe-keep your laptop in the hotel room, if you didn’t wish to lug it around the whole day at the theme parks. This was the only disappointing thing about Fairfield Inn.

I had booked a 2-Queen bed room for myself & the 3 kids. The mattress is firm, and pillows are soft. The hotel room has a flat screen TV, a writing desk, an armchair, a hair dryer, an ironing board (but no iron), a coffee maker, and a mini fridge. The air conditioner can be adjusted to any temperature to cool or heat the room. The bathroom towels are white & clean. Shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, and a shower cap are provided. The room had a lingering smell of medicated oil, probably spilled by the previous occupant. Other than that, I was quite happy with the room.

Fairfield also has a laundry room at one end of the corridor (I was on the 3rd floor), with 2 washing machines and 2 dryers. $1.25 for each wash/dry cycle. I found this very useful.

The Fairfield staff were friendly and helpful. My flight arrived on the first day before 6am. The night duty manager allowed us to partake of the free breakfast even though he could not check us in at that time. He also let us store our baggage in the back office. Later, at around 8am, as I made an enquiry at the front desk about the shuttle buses to the theme parks, the day duty manager Carlos found out about my early arrival, and he very kindly took the trouble to find a room for me, and I was allowed an early check-in within 15 minutes! Thanks, Carlos!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with our beautiful hotel and for sharing this extremely informative review that mentions so many points of interest for other guests. We would like to clarify that the free Disney shuttles go to the Disney transportation center at Epcot. From that point, Disney provides free transportation to the other three Disney theme parks. In addition to this free transportation, we offer other free items such as parking, hot breakfast and high speed internet access which all combine to make a stay in our hotel a great value. We hope you and your family will to return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista hotel in Orlando if you return to the Walt Disney World area in the future.

Dallas, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I am a bit surprised this hotel has such high marks. We stayed here in late November our last night of our Disney trip using my Marriott Rewards. The parking here is VERY limited as it is attached to a shopping center, we had to park around the backside of the hotel. The front desk staff was friendly and got us checked in quickly. The first room we were put in apparently had a water leak outside of it and had a huge drying fan right outside the front door. Completely understand things happen and the front desk gladly accommodated us by moving us into a new room (in front of the elevators). The elevator noise turned out wasn't bad, so we stayed. The room itself seemed dated to me, the bathroom, toilet specifically had a brown and pink ring around it. The hotel was quite crowded in the morning and the small dining room for the continental breakfast was too cramped, so we skipped that and went and picked up something later. The front desk manager did credit our stay back to Marriott Rewards and apologized for the state of the room.

I give the staff here a huge thumbs up, they were very professional and cordial. The property, which I believe was recently acquired by Marriott leaves a bit to be desired for me however.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Sean L, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
On behalf of the entire team of the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Lake Buena Vista, we would like to offer our sincere apologies for our hotel not living up to your expectations. We thank you for choosing to stay with us on this visit and for sharing your thoughts in this review of our hotel.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in hotels over 110 nights this year, many fairfield Inns included. This is easily the best fairfield inn i have stayed in. Great customer service, beautiful hotel, and anything you could expect from a hotel of this class. It does seem a bit odd that it is in the middle of a shopping center parking lot but guess this is because they did not have a choice for the location when they picked the hotel hey purchased. :-)

Will definitely stay here next time I am in Orlando.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
The feedback from a guest that stays over 110 nights a year in hotels is very interesting and we are pleased to hear the high praise from you. We thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate that you and your family choose to stay at our hotel and we look forward to your return to the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in Lake Buena Vista when you visit the Orlando Disney area again.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

We normally visit Orlando in December and for the last few years have made this hotel our base. This year our party included a Down Syndrome adult who wanted their own but adjoining room.

I contacted the hotel prior to booking and the manager was fantastic. He was very generous with his time listing the available options, and the rooms were exactly as requested when we arrived.

On most trips I find it takes a day or two to get settled in but this hotel feels like home as soon as we arrive. The vast majority of the staff have been with the hotel for many of our previous visits and I always take this as a good sign.

Every year we notice little changes that are been made to the hotel. Reception areas got a great facelift, dinning area was upgraded, phone system changed, rooms were refurbished, all TV's now seem to be large flat screen.

This year I noticed that wi-fi had been extended from just the lobby to all rooms. It's the first time I have always seen full bars and no sign in screens and best of all it was free. Well done management this is how it should be done. There are a lot of hotels who could learn from this.

Location is great, breakfast is included, shuttle to Disney is available.

Lets hope we make it back next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
We thank you for returning again this year to visit us and for your review of our hotel. We appreciate that you shared your positive views on our long term team, the beautifully renovated hotel and the free Wi-Fi which is so popular with many guests. Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel in recent years and we hope you and your family will return next year to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott hotel in the Orlando Lake Buena Vista Walt Disney area.

Sean Lower

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!