“Dated layout, questionable location.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall

You added Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Florida Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #163 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, United States
“Dated layout, questionable location.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed for two nights on business, the area is not very nice... I saw a lot of prostitutes walking the sidewalks directly in front of the hotel. The front desk made me the wrong keys, and never asked for them back after I discovered the error (so I had keys to someone elses room). The breakfast was below par, and there's only one elevator, so unless you're staying by the front desk you will be using the stairs. The room was dated compared to other Hampton Inn's i've stayed at recently, no charging station by the bed... a big minus for me as I have a lot of electronics that I travel with (iPhone, Blackberry, laptop, tablet...) Instead I had to spread the chargers around the room, and worry that I would forget one of them in the morning. Next time I travel to Orlando, I will be making a reservation at the Hampton Inn closer to the airport.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and assure you they have addressed the situation.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
belfast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I had the miss fortune to stay here for 3 nights recently. After booking months ahead we were given a disabled room and told that this was the only room available the first night. It would have been ok had it not been for the fact the water drain in bathroom was blocked and the whole area flooded.
we were given a different room for the next 2 nights however my wife had some night wear stolen from the room that we vacated.
The hotel is right on a very busy main road and directly beside a dunkin donuts which was 24 hours there was a lot of traffic noise and also a lot of noise that came from people going to dunkin at all hours and often causing a commotion in the early hours.
The staff were not interested in my wifes loss of clothes and even after speaking with the hotel manager they failed to offer any compensation. The fact is the manager totally ignored many emails to her asking what they were doing regarding the matter.
We would never stay here again even though I am a hilton honours silver member and have been a great supporter of Hampton this is the worst service I have indured from them.
travellers beware

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We're so sorry to hear about your experience. The comfort and safety of our guests is a top priority and we're taking your comments very seriously. As we did e-mailed you before and update you about the item you left behind.
Caracas, Venezuela
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Highly recommended. Clean, comfortable, great staff, great location if you rented a car. Breakfast is really good, it has a nice gym and pool. Two stories building, big parking lot, great stores and mall nearby

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Peoria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was excellent in the location to main theme parks and Discovery Cove. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were clean and the pool was well taken care of. The breakfast was good especially for being free. I really enjoyed my stay in Orlando!!!1

4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I did not feel the a/c in the room was working properly. I felt hot throughout the night. Other than that, the room was clean upon arrival and cleaned efficiently each day. We stayed a total of 3 nights.

• Stayed July 2013
Milton, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We enjoyed this hotel very much. Except for the beds being harder than we liked, everything else was great. Staff was friendly and helpful, breakfast buffet was awesome, and location was perfect for us. My brother lives about 1 mile from there, so getting back and forth was easy. Having a stoplight for making a left turn off the Trail was great, especially during rush hour. Located within walking distance to restaurants, Florida Mall and other shopping. We will definitely stay here again, since we come down to see my family at least 1 or 2 times a year.

Room Tip: If you don't like to, or are not able to, walk a lot, request a room near the elevator as there...
Green Features: Hotel supports a lot of green practices, requesting guests to reuse towels if they can and I think they separate trash for recycling.
Monticello, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

After two nights at a crappy Hilton in Fort Lauderdale, we were amazed by this Hampton Inn--it was top tier for the Hampton Inn level of properties. Nice, spacious lobby, incredibly friendly service, the beds were exceptionally comfortable, and the free breakfast offered a lot of variety. The only criticism is they were running out of main breakfast items well before the designated breakfast time ended, and when I asked for more, they said they were out (omlettes). So don't wait until the last minute to head to breakfast.

Two members of our family used the workout facilities, which were clean, spacious, and had very nice equipment.

Our room was the first one down the hall from the lobby, just past the fitness room. I was worried that would be a loud location, and we wanted to sleep in, but it was fine (until a parent let their kid run wild down the hall way too early in the morning, but that's not the Hampton's fault--that's irresponsible parenting). We had requested extra linens in advance, and they had everything we needed already in our room upon arrival, and the towels were even shaped like swans, which the kids enjoyed. A nice little extra touch. The people who work here obviously take pride in what they do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!