“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall

You added Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Florida Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2X HHonors Points
Ranked #177 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bel Air, MD
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I am a fan of the Hampton Inn chain. I was in the Orlando area for a conference and decided to book at a less expensive hotel in the area. I was able to get a good deal on the rate, so we stayed here for two nights. The staff was friendly and breakfast was enjoyable. Overall, I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

awesome place to say and relax at they have everything you need for affordable price and i love there breakfast the internet was amazing i needed it its close to the orlando parks and the beds were so comfortable i slept like a baby on them lol

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Staff were great; very friendly and accommodating. The lobby is very nice and must have been redone recently. They do serve cookies that looked fantastic but as I am trying to lose weight I did not try them.
Rooms are very clean, a little older but the bed was very comfortable. Room has a microwave and refrigerator and a flat screen TV. The rooms could use better lighting and a heating unit with wall thermostat. Bathroom was clean which is essential for me. Overall the rooms were fine.
My only concern is the location. This would not be my first choice if I was visiting Orlando on vacation. I noticed that many of the guests were tourist though so others find this location OK for their holiday. The neighborhood is OK but I could not determine the safety of the area as many of the businesses had security guards. Quite a bit of pedestrian traffic though.
My stay was very good and I would use this facility again.

Room Tip: Any room near the elevator is going to be away from the lobby. Vending and ice are at the far end of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I love Hampton inn for their warm hospitality. I stayed at this particular location on 31st of December 2012. We booked 2 rooms and our room was huge with sofa and king bed . Clean, and neat bathroom , amenities were sufficient, and staff were friendly. We looked forward to enjoy their evening snacks , which were warm cookies. The breakfast was plenty,and Hampton inn's breakfast can be compared to an all inclusive resort. I say this because during the same trip, we stayed at Hyatt Place and could see the difference in service, quality and quantity. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cleveland, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

During my long career I traveled extensively in the United States and stayed in many hotels from high end to moderate properties. When budget considerations were tight, the Hampton Inn was always my first choice because I knew that I would get a decent room and breakfast. Now that I am embarking on my second career, I still find wherever I go I know what to expect with a Hampton property. Some are better than others, however, I found this hotel to be just fine (it isn't the Ritz) but the staff were friendly, the room clean, the breakfast was actually very good and the amenities were in line with the price for the stay.

Room Tip: We wanted a quiet room and were given one on the 1st floor facing away from the street. We never he...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I spent one night at this hotel after a day at Universal Studios.

Of course we choose the busiest week in Orlando to vacation ;), so everything was booked, and we happened to get the last room when we reserved it online a month in advance.

Nothing atypical about this hotel...it was clean, and the staff was friendly. the breakfast buffet had hot food which was good.

We did not use the pool as it was in the fifties when we stayed there.

The parking lot was crowded, but we did stay during peak season so not really a diss.

It is located near the Florida Mall and several chain restaurants.

We did ask for a roll-away at check-in but were denied one because the clerk said the Fire Marshall didn't allow them in rooms with two queen beds. not sure if that is true as I've had roll-away beds in smaller rooms before.

Regardless, the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here a few months ago the night before and the night after our cruise from Port Canaveral.
The location is fine with enough restaurant and the Florida Mall nearby. The themeparks are a bit further but you'll need your car anyway.
The room is spacious and offer more then enough comfort for a 3-star accomodation. Wifi is included and pretty fast.
Breakfast was not spectular but conveniently with some pastries, toast, fruits, coffee and juices.

After all this is a great hotel if you're in Orlando for a short time and need a decent accomodation for a good price.
I would absolutely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!