“Excellent as usual..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8601 S. Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32809 (Florida Mall)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early - Save 15%
Ranked #154 of 328 hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Princeton, New Jersey
“Excellent as usual..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I love Hampton inn for their warm hospitality. I stayed at this particular location on 31st of December 2012. We booked 2 rooms and our room was huge with sofa and king bed . Clean, and neat bathroom , amenities were sufficient, and staff were friendly. We looked forward to enjoy their evening snacks , which were warm cookies. The breakfast was plenty,and Hampton inn's breakfast can be compared to an all inclusive resort. I say this because during the same trip, we stayed at Hyatt Place and could see the difference in service, quality and quantity. I would recommend this hotel highly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Cleveland, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

During my long career I traveled extensively in the United States and stayed in many hotels from high end to moderate properties. When budget considerations were tight, the Hampton Inn was always my first choice because I knew that I would get a decent room and breakfast. Now that I am embarking on my second career, I still find wherever I go I know what to expect with a Hampton property. Some are better than others, however, I found this hotel to be just fine (it isn't the Ritz) but the staff were friendly, the room clean, the breakfast was actually very good and the amenities were in line with the price for the stay.

Room Tip: We wanted a quiet room and were given one on the 1st floor facing away from the street. We never he...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My family and I spent one night at this hotel after a day at Universal Studios.

Of course we choose the busiest week in Orlando to vacation ;), so everything was booked, and we happened to get the last room when we reserved it online a month in advance.

Nothing atypical about this hotel...it was clean, and the staff was friendly. the breakfast buffet had hot food which was good.

We did not use the pool as it was in the fifties when we stayed there.

The parking lot was crowded, but we did stay during peak season so not really a diss.

It is located near the Florida Mall and several chain restaurants.

We did ask for a roll-away at check-in but were denied one because the clerk said the Fire Marshall didn't allow them in rooms with two queen beds. not sure if that is true as I've had roll-away beds in smaller rooms before.

Regardless, the beds were comfortable.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Eindhoven, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed here a few months ago the night before and the night after our cruise from Port Canaveral.
The location is fine with enough restaurant and the Florida Mall nearby. The themeparks are a bit further but you'll need your car anyway.
The room is spacious and offer more then enough comfort for a 3-star accomodation. Wifi is included and pretty fast.
Breakfast was not spectular but conveniently with some pastries, toast, fruits, coffee and juices.

After all this is a great hotel if you're in Orlando for a short time and need a decent accomodation for a good price.
I would absolutely go back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

First impresssions were not so good as it didn't really look like the pictures I'd seen, and seemed a bit tired looking. Once inside the room it was a bit better but still could have done with some repairs and redecorating. The shower head was wobbly and there was just a general feeling of lack of care and attention. All the members of staff we encountered were absolutely fabulous though, so full marks there, it just seems the people in charge are not putting enough money into it to keep it up to scratch, which is a pity. Also the noise from air con. is way too loud. The location was fine and we loved Orlando.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
MCOFM, Manager at Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding our Hotel.

Thank you for the kudos. I will be sure to pass them along to our staff who try to make every guests stay a special one. I really appreciate your feedback about the look and feel of our property. We will be having a renovation in 2013. We will have our maintenance team adjust the shower head and AC unit. Please direct message me your information so we make sure to get the proper room. We will also take your other comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Friendly Regards;

Natalie

MCOFM_Hampton@hilton.com
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this property from 11/11 to 11/19. We were promptly checked in, asked to change our room location, and extended our stay by one day, and it was done with no problem. The front desk staff was polite and attended to any of our needs. There is plenty of parking onsite.The breakfast staff was helpful and friendly and the food choices varied from day to day. If you did not like the breakfast, there was a Dunkin Donuts directly across the parking lot. Our bathroom was spotless and floor cleaned everyday. Just be careful if you venture out at night, there are a few people who might be looking to engage in "strange activities" in the dark on Orange Blossom Blvd.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

After waiting around at the airport for several hours for a flight that eventually got cancelled, I needed a room nearby for my family of 5 with two small children. Nothing near the airport was available so I called Hilton directly and asked for the closest they had. They got me a room here at 8:30 PM for $89, which I thought was pretty good. They don't have an airport shuttle as they are about 15 minutes from the terminals, so taxi there was $38 and back for $30 (I have no idea for the difference as there was no meter, but I was stuck and had no choice). Hampton is my usual hotel of choice as they are pretty consistent with cleanliness and free hot breakfast, and this lived up to my expectations. I can't speak much about it as I arrived late and left early, but breakfast was good, the room was clean and the staff seemed friendly. There is a pool and workout room (I used neither). I didn't however see an office to use as that wouldve been helpful to print out boarding passes. There is a Dunkin' Donuts next door and a McDonalds next to that, so there are food choices as this is a pretty commercialized area. Overall I was pleased and it served my purposes fine.

Room Tip: Hotel is only two floors.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Orlando - Florida Mall? Share your experiences!