“Great food, a little high on the prices!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #221 of 3,095 restaurants in Orlando
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great food, a little high on the prices!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

Born and raised in Perú, I found this restaurant very interesting. Food was great so was the service. I was a little confused who my server was. I got two different servers in two different visits. None of them checked back with me or my wife to ask "how everything was". But overall good experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

92% Recommend
Orlando, Florida
“Good peruvian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The place is nice and clean, the staff friendly. I ate aji de gallina and was great. My wife got a chupe de camarones and was very good too. Portions are huge. Too big! I dont understand why they don't have pisco sour which is Peru's national drink. Overall a great and CHEAP place. Totally recommendable.

tampa
“Good,not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

My wife's family comes from Peru and I have grown to love the food of Peru. Overall the restaraunt is good, it is very clean and our service was very good. I just couldn't say the food was outstanding. I will vouch for the Ceviche, but the other items I sampled were not as memorable. Prices were reasonable and I have heard the lunch specials are great. If you are in the neigborhood take a chance and see what you think.

Visited September 2012
New York City, New York
“Great Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

I was visiting with some friends from New York. My girlfriend's husband is Peruvian. We looked up some places and found this one and decided to try it! The food is Delicious and the Ceviche is GREAT! It was the first time I have ever tried it and my Girlfriend's husband who knows the food well said it is " Very Delicious!" What a great find! The staff are very nice also! We all had a GREAT experience!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
East Orlando, FL
“Not good Peruvian Cuisine”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have real trouble understanding how this place gets such great reviews.
My group (4 people) decided to eat at El Inka after seeing the commercial on TV.
Though it is a bit of a drive for us, we were excited to try a new place for Peruvian Cuisine. After having some great meals at El Buzo and even Los Portales (which is Colombian / Peruvian), we hoped for the best. It was one of the biggest disappointments I have had.

For starters, we got an assortment of beverages, including the lauded Chicha Morada. The Chicha Morada was not bad; it was cloyingly sweet, lots of clove. For an appetizer, we got the Papa a la huancaina.. It was ho-hum. The beer was good.

One of the guests in my party got the Aguadito de Pollo soup. She found it mediocre at best, though the portion size was large. I got the Filete de Pescado a lo macho. The fish fillet was undoubtedly tilapia. It was rather mushy and the seafood sauce was unappetizing. Another of my guests got the Tacu Tacu con Lomo Saltado. It was quite bland except for an excess of salt, and the meat had a distinctive "medicine" taste. Finally, another guest in my party got the Tallarines a la Huancaina con Pollo a la Parilla. The sauce was overpowering and wasn't agreeable.

For sides, we had the Medio Aguacate which came out as slices of avocado which had turned rather brown (meaning they were pre-sliced some time before we ordered). The Tostones were the supermarket frozen variety, not fresh at all. So many places around Orlando serve frozen Tostones...but they are so easy to make and so good when they are properly prepared. The Maduros were also unacceptable - frozen fare. Finally, the rice didn't even seem authentic. After such poor food, we opted out of dessert though one in my party decided to get some Flan at the last minute. Even the flan tasted artificial.

Service was spotty. Our server appeared to be distracted by his iPhone which he kept reaching for and answering texts while he took our order (which had to be repeated). The server didn't come back to refill the drinks and had to be flagged down, one of my pet peeves. The handling of the bill was also a disaster. I don't know why because we were using a single credit card to pay for the table. Our server couldn't seem to remember what we ordered...perhaps because of all those text messages and the appearance of being hung-over?? Management or the owner came over at the end of our meal and recited to us how the restaurant had gotten many, many positive reviews and urged us to add our own positive review right there on the spot. She also have us flyers and brochures "to place in the office." Very untactful.

My advice is...there are several GOOD Peruvian restaurants in Orlando. This is not one of them. Mistake #1 is that this restaurant chooses to serve microwaved frozen fare versus freshly made. They also charge an astronomical price for what should be an affordable lunch. For the price we paid for lunch, we could have eaten in an upscale restaurant. And as a final note, all of the guests in my party developed stomach issues after eating at this place. We will not be back.

• Visited June 2012