“Absolutely Delicious!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #310 of 3,001 Restaurants in Orlando
Vancouver, Canada
“Absolutely Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We were looking for a late lunch while shopping at the Florida Mall during our spring break vacation. We decided to try the cafe at Nordstrom. We've never been to a Nordstrom cafe before, but we wanted someplace quiet to rest and fill up. We weren't expecting much from a department store cafe...oh were we surprised!

My hubby and I both ordered sandwiches. Mine was a smoked turkey with a cranberry chutney. It had cheese in it, and being lactose intolerant for cow dairy, I requested goat cheese instead. My hubby had the chicken sandwich. Both sandwich orders came with herbed frieds. We shared a chicken tortilla soup. Oh my goodness! The food blew me away. I had never enjoyed a sandwich and fries and soup as much as I did that day. Even my tea and my hubby's coffee were fantastic. Truly memorable.

To add to this, service was amazing. Our waiter aimed to please, constantly coming by with refills of hot water and coffee. My cheese substitution for goat cheese was kindly observed.

We're coming back to Orlando in July, and we will be back to this cafe.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Orlando, Florida
“The BEST sandwiches, for a destination all its own”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

It is hard to believe, but this little restaurant, tucked upstairs in the Nordstrom's at Orlando's Florida Mall is one of our favorite lunch spots. This is absolutely not food court fare - the Bistro uses fresh, hand-carved ingredients to make wonderful sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts.

My standard is the Citrus Turkey, with hand-carved (not lunch meat) turkey, cranberries, and lettuce on a whole-grain ciabatta roll. Fabulous. Their french fries (which come with the sandwich) are herbed and excellent, and for those of us who adore olives, come with a kalamata dipping sauce. Truly a lunch experience worth the price anywhere, and a miracle, considering this is a shopping mall.

We've tried a variety of their sandwiches, and enjoyed each one. They even have a bar, and we've indulged in a tiny split of champagne once for a celebration!

The Man and I meet her often for lunch (halfway between home and work) and I visit it with girlfriends on occasion as well.

Orlando has so few decent restaurants, and a good, interesting sandwich is something to savor. Here is one to try, for anyone in the local area on business, vacation, or just shopping at their local mall. I rarely give out a 5 star, but this one earns it, time after time.

• Visited July 2011