Myself and my friend recently stayed at this hotel for a 2 week break to Florida 2nd-16th June 2014. On first appearance, the hotel is large and has decent kerb side appeal. We were staying in the tower block part of the hotel. The lift access area was quite dark, and only 2 of the 3 lifts were working for the full 2 weeks. No OUT OF ORDER signs were on the lift which was not functioning.
For access to Universal Studios, it was perfect. It was about a 20 minute walk. Also Wet n Wild is just up the road (5 mins) and has restaurants directly opposite the accommodation. The staff on reception were always helpful and friendly. Bus stops located right outside the hotel which will take you to Busch Gardens or all over the local area.
Our main issue with this hotel is the standard of cleanliness. Initially, we checked in and found our room. The room hadn't been cleaned from the previous occupant!!!!! This put a dampner on the holiday to start with as we were tired and just wanted to crash out after a flight from the UK. We called reception and told them, then we went out for a couple of hours (having told the hotel that we would be out and wanted the room sorting in the following hour and a half). We got back and no one had been in the room. We weren't happy. We went to reception and spoke to the manager and insisted on a change of room as we weren't going to go out AGAIN for the cleaners to come and sort the room out.The cleaners seemed to do what they want, when they wanted. There was no consistency with how many towels you received (if any at all some days), the room wasnt hoovered at all over the 2 week stay, they were hesitant to take anything out of the room (eg - we got room service items on our first night. It took 4 days for them to take the plate away. In order to get the message across, we had to resort to leave the plate in the middle of the carpet, in front of the room door!!!!). Also they didnt seem to have a set time of cleaning. We got back a couple of days around 4 or 5pm to get ready for the evening, and the room hadnt been cleaned at all. It became a joke in the end.
Our holiday was perfect, but the hotel was perfectly average.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort Orlando on International Drive Resort. This Orlando FL resort is convenient location is in the heart of International Drive, and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, and cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild. On-site, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool. Work out in our newly-renovated fitness center with all new exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable dining options and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual yet fun cocktail lounge. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of function space. For great Orlando vacation deals, this resort offers valuable Orlando vacation packages for your family vacation or romantic getaway. With a new management company overseeing the experience, we look forward to taking excellent care of you!International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando is proud to be a Disney Good Neighbor hotel and to be a member of the Florida Green Lodging Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn