“Woud Stay Here Again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center

You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6515 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Holiday Inn Orlando International Drive Resort) (Florida Center)   |
Ranked #233 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Miami, Florida, United States
“Woud Stay Here Again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Despite the bad reviews I decided to go here anyway with my discount from Groupon. We waited about 20 minutes for the front desk employee to process our Groupon, then we received a room somewhere in the hotel that someone in our group was not impressed, so we changed it. The woman was very professional and a joy to talk to. We ended up on the 14th floor in the tower. The tower, despite some other reviews, was not dirty whats so ever. Our room was very clean and we even had a view of Universal Studios, it was also extremely quiet. My only problem is the traffic on the street, getting in and out was a bit of a hassle. We noticed a lot of people had problems with their room key; however, we did not have that problem. I would stay here again, It was enjoyable and clean. The distance from Universal and SeaWorld is also a plus. If you are isolating your vacation to be just Disney, I would find a hotel along the Bronson Hwy., International Drive, is a little less convenient for going to Disney.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
International P... O, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. Your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from our associates are greatly appreciated.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Starting with the good points. Location is excellent and bed is really comfortable. The bad however outweigh the good. We are here for 3 weeks and currently in our 3rd week on the top floor of the tower. The elevators are painfully slow in all ways and very frustrating when here for 3 weeks. In addition to this the key card is temperamental in allowing you to access the elevator. The rooms are in a bad need of a makeover! The carpet is so worn out I would doubt very much if it has been changed since opening at all. Some floors don't even have carpets at all and I cant understand the delay in getting this, especially during peak season!

On two occasions, including tonight the hot water hasn't worked although there cant be any complaints with the TV. Its a bonus having a decent sized fridge and a microwave as well and the air con which works well, even though loud.

As a business owner its very frustrating to see such great potential in a hotel of this size and location just be run into the ground. All it needs is some attention - new carpet, lick of paint and new curtains and you would have a completely new place altogether. There is a running joke in the elevator between other residents as to the state of the hotel and I know several other couples that have had to complain.

Its not a nice start to a holiday opening the bedroom door of this hotel and while the comfort of the bed, good air con, and working TV have made the room bearable I would urge the hotel to invest a some of the profits into bringing the hotel into the 21st century!

Room Tip: Don't accept any of the rooms in the tower! The photos speak for themselves.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We regret that you resort did not generally meet your expectations. Certainly, this is not the type of guest experience we are trying to provide. I am particularly sorry that you did not bring your concerns to our attention during your stay so that we could meet your requests immediately. We took over this hotel a year ago and I could honestly say that we have made major improvements to enhance the guest experience and we had a lot of improvement projects in the pipeline. It is impossible for us to shut down the entire resort to do all the projects at once; I assure you we are committed to providing the best product on I Drive. Our greatest resources is our associates and the location of the resort. Our elevators are yes slow, but are safe and at any given time are servicing over a thousand guests when the tower is completely full. Again, thank you for your comments.

Austin, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We were booked into the tower at first. It wasn't very clean and was far from the pool. We did get an upgrade to a pool view room which was not bad. The room was cleaner and the pool and hot tub were nice after long days at various parks. The Expedia desk was hit or miss based on who was working as far as service and information goes, but the hotel workers were all kind and helpful. The hotel does have a great location, and if you have a rental car it is easy to get to most attractions. If you use the shuttle you have to sign up 24 hours in advance.

If someone on your trip gets sick DO NOT ask for the hotel doctor. Walgreens drug stores have clinics set up inside and charge $60 for a visit. We were told insurance would pay for the visit, but neglected to tell us they meant would reimburse us and demanded a credit card for the $1200 house call for strep throat.

Room Tip: Do not chose a tower room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Thank you for you comments.

KEY LARGO, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at the International Palms Resort in Cocoa Beach several times but had never stayed at this location. Upon arrival Joshua was most efficient and helpful in getting us checked in to a perfect room. After getting to the building we were staying in I realized that I had stayed at this hotel previously but under a different name. International Palms has made many improvements and I would recommend this hotel to everyone who is going to the Universal Studios area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with all of our associates at this morning employee rally. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments, they are greatly appreciated.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We tried to avoid the Tower, but got stuck up on the 14th floor. Not a big deal except that the elevators didn't work for the entire week we were there. We didn't have hot water for three our of the six days because "a circulating pump failed somewhere". But because it was so hot there, the water was luke warm and bearable. We found a big black bug in our bed but it was not a bedbug. May have gotten her by some other means. Checked carefully and didn't find any others. Hotel just has a feeling of being old. Not necessarily bad, just old. Pool was nice---kids loved it. Don't count on the shuttle drivers to pick you up at the parks when they say they will. Another driver that agreed to take us back to the hotel said our original driver was a "free spirit" and came and went as he pleased. Did I mention that our door keys constantly lost their digital information and locked us out? Made several trips to the front desk to get them reprogrammed. A pain when your room is on the 14th floor! Saving grace for our visit was the very pleasant staff, especially Eddie at the front desk. They are obviously experienced in dealing with unhappy clients and did so very professionally and compassionately. Can not say the same for some of the guests. Some really obnoxious, unfriendly family reunion people. I have never stayed in a hotel that didn't offer at least a light continental breakfast. Given that we were not here for the room and spent all our time at the theme parks, I might stay here again but with much lower expectations than we had for this vacation. Avoid the Tower!

Room Tip: Avoid the Tower.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received from Eddie and other associates, they are greatly appreciated.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have just returned from the International palms resort from a 2 week holiday. Before going I was dreading it after reading all the bad reviews I'm one of the fussiest people around and I hated it before I had even arrived. We arrived around 5 in the afternoon and we where checked in straight away we where given a room in d block. The room was clean and a good size the only negative was there wasn't enough storage we had a fridge tv and microwave in our room and free ac which was a bonus. There was 2 double beds which were very comfortable we also asked for a roll away bed as with 3 kids sharing a bed it was cramped we got one after 2 days when it became available. The pool area was great never crowded and plenty of sun beds I can't understand how people can complain about this hotel as it has everything you need for your stay great location plenty of places to eat close to it and only 10 mins in a taxi away from universal which cost around $10 in a taxi there is also a free shuttle to disney and the I ride stop is right outside which also takes you to seaworld. Overall we really enjoyed our time here and would defiantly recommend and stay here again when we hopefully return next year.

Room Tip: We stayed in d block which was close to the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. It is through such candid feedback that continue to improve upon our product and services. We are most pleased that you generally found the resort and staff met and exceeded your expectations. Again, thank you for your kind and gracious comments regarding the facilities and the exceptional service and attention you received.

Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We booked this hotel (blindly) through Hotwire.com where I indicated that there would be a family of four. Upon arrival, we found the rooms to be extremely small and unkempt. I asked for an upgrade and was given a room in the "tower". These rooms were larger but equally unkempt (filthy carpet, off-color sheets, hair all over the bathroom, and a clogged tub). We decided to make the best of it until we returned from an outing (at 8:30 pm) to an open room. The door was completed ajar -- left open by the maid. After my insistence, they agreed to not return to my room for the duration of my stay and to return my hotel costs; only -- the maid came back again the next day. When I checked out, I informed the desk clerk of the arrangement, who provided a receipt but waited until I left to charge my credit card without permission. Over the span of two weeks, the hotel proceeded to withdraw, re-deposit, withdraw monies from my checking account. I had to change my account number and report the hotel to the Better Business Bureau in order to have my monies returned. NIGHTMARE!

Room Tip: Rooms in the tower are considerably larger than the other rooms.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!