“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center

You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6515 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Holiday Inn Orlando International Drive Resort) (Florida Center)   |
Ranked #236 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was very clean in general, room was tidy beds comfortable. Had breakfast at hotel and was very nice. The staff were helpful and polite. I would stay at this hotel again. The hotel is is a good location with an i drive right outside (11). The hotel also had free wifi which was nice as using the internet abroad can be very exspensive.

International P... O, General Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear David,

Thank you for choosing International Palms Resort for your visit to Orlando! We are delighted that you found this to be a “nice hotel”. Our location is ideal and we are delighted that you were able to enjoy the amenities on and off the resort property. We will share your accolades to our staff. During your next visit, instead of going across the street, come to our Alligator Show (poolside). We have a show every Friday!

Brent DeNardo
International Palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (539)
  • Turkish first
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I stayed here on my 2 week vacation to Florida whilst I visited all the parks, when we first got to the hotel we were welcomed and checked in, no problems and the staff were very friendly and gave us a parking permit.

The room was fine, it had an ironing board, iron,hair dryer & a fridge, dont get me wrong the rooms were clean and had everything you would require but they were not luxury, so if you are looking for luxury this is not the place for you.

The pool was clean and had a nice bar, but as I was busy with parks I didnt spend much time there, I also did not eat in the restaurant as there are lots of places to eat on ID, this was a bonus to the hotel, it was near lots of eateries and all the Disney parks etc.

On my second week there was a fire alarm, the alarm was clear on what to do, but once you were outside nothing was explained, no one even told us what we had been called out of bed for.

The maids were very good, came every day with clean towels, I was on the 14th floor which was fine but sometimes the lifts were not very reliable.

My only critisim of the hotel would be that it advertises Wi-Fi which I was relying on to communicate with relatives back at home, unfortunately it was very weak in the rooms which was a bit of a pain.

All in all me and my partner had a lovely stay :) Thank you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Hellymcg,

Thank you for your recent review. We were pleased that you were able to enjoy your stay at International Palms Resort Orlando from the UK. We understand the needs of our travelers, especially those traveling from such long distances and glad that we were able to take excellent care of you. Yes, our location is ideal…close to Orlando’s best attractions. We appreciate your business and look forward to your next trip with your significant other.

Brent DeNardo
International Palms Resort & Conference Center-Orlando
Athens, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

1.Horrible customer service- There's a cultural difference in how they should treat customers. The managers were unkempt, unprofessional- more like greasy car salesmen types.

2. Entrance/Rooms- Want to stay in a tower that resembles a ghetto or unkempt college dorm? The rooms were dark, unclean feeling, bathrooms were small and felt gross, on the 10th floor I can hear the traffic outside, AC units were old and made tons of noise. The rooms were not soundproof!- Elevators were really old and felt unsafe.

*The lobby/convention area is pretty nice, but once you book.. your rooms are in the tower, 100 yards away..there's an obvious reason they had removed the lobby from where the rooms are.

My Biggest problems were with the management. I booked off a deal on Half.com. Well in order to book my room I got caught in between the hotel and their marketing company and no one was willing to take responsibility. I had prepaid for my hotel, but the hotel would not recognize it unless the marketing company had cleared it. Well I couldn't be fit in (after three months) of being on their books. And I HAD TO PAY for my room (at a discount price)...I paid TWICE! for my one room. Horrible. Never again. I put 1 start because I couldn't put zero stars. Not how I wanted to start a weekend getaway with my wife as we visited the attractions near by.

Room Tip: Don't book at this hotel, and don't fall for the Timeshrae scams...even for the free stuff.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here from 27 august 2012 was ment to be for 2 weeks but I left early reason Being as follows

1, our first room was next to motorway which can be very loud at night

2, there where green bugs running around room this includes on BEDS

3, mould in fridge

4, there was big hole in wall

5, cigerate doubts on floor a few days into our stay (we are non smokers) which proves room dosent get cleaned

6, they only ever cleaned 1 bed if they even cleaned it at all due to still finding hair on it

7, poor area has a layer of thick White slime stuff round edge of pool with lots of dirt at bottom

8, air con is very loud and trust me it's not just a little bit loud you can't have on at night for it making so much noise

9, we booked with virgin which ment out transport to park is ment to be free we where paying first few days until we checked up and confronted reception we had a bit of tussel we told him it's on your web site in capital letters FREE TRANSPORT in which we where asked to PROVE THIS THEN but manager was there and came out only after then we received our money back

10, if your getting there Disney bus be sure to book it early also if you have booked this you are not garunteed to get on bus they only run 1 bus and go to many hotels if bus is full your not getting on it and have to wait 3 hours for the next 1 and if you still can't manage to get on well you will have to get taxi NO REFUND
And because this bus ONLY GOES TO EPCOT from there you have to make your own way to what ever park you want to go to.

Brief example you want to go to hollywood studios you would pray you get the bus from hotel to epcot, from epcot to a Disney hotel, from Disney hotel to Hollywood studios then all that back again.

11. Because there is only 1 bus on pickup from epcot the bus picks you up at 6pm but be sure to be at pick up at least 1 hour b4 to try get a space on bus if not you have to wait 4 hours till next 1 which if you have kids can be very very inconvenient especially if it starts to rain there is no shelter at pick up. And if you want to get taxi back because you can't get on bus there is no refund and driver dose not come back for you,

12. We had breakfast at this hotel only 1 day due to it being very expensive and also very disgusting

13, our holiday rep had left several msg to reception to give us breakfast vouchers reception never told us about this. we only found this out when we phoned up our holiday rep and asked to be moved hotel she told us she has left several msg at reception and have they not gave us our voucher or discount tickets our answer was no we have not heard anything of them and we have been down everyday complaining so they had more than enough times to tell us

I'm glad we moved from this hotel it was nothing but trouble lies dirt and stinking food and I'm very glad to say I will not be back here ever again
oh and it's very out dated needs 1 hell of a face lift
I have also put complaint into virgin who investigated this and are giving us a refund

Stayed August 2012
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is in a good position on International Drive. Plenty of places to eat, most are cheap rubbish (Like Ponderosa) but you can find some decent spots. Decent breakfasts and sandwiches from the cafe directly opposite the hotel. Indian guy runs it. We didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment, although the pool bar food looked nice. Also ok to walk out and have a few beers without need for a car. 10 min walk down the road to the entrance of Wet & Wild which helps. Saves on the expensive parking costs.
On the entrance to the reception, you get the feeling of a decent class of hotel. Very clean and it has all the ammenities you'd want and expect. Only downside was the check in wait. 2 people on a busy Saturday afternoon was not enough. We were checked into a room in the tower block. This hotel has numerous blocks and we were told this was the best option for 2 adults and a child. Plenty of carparking spaces so no problem there. After travelling up the very old rickety lifts, we were on the 8th floor of the tower block. The room was as big as one in the Premier Inn. 2 double beds and a seperate bathroom. All clean but looked dated.

It was our own fault for not reading the brochure as we were thinking like most holidays, it was self catering. This is listed as room only but it does have a fridge and microwave. Not much good though as you are not provided with any cutlery, plates or glasses. And when we asked, they couldnt supply them. So this meant we could keep a few cold beers in the room, but we were eating out everyday!. Some days we just wanted to get up and have some toast. (In hind sight, we should have bought a cheap toaster from Wal-Mart and left it there).
The pool area is very nice. decent size pool and pool bar.

The people working there are friendly and when we had a toilet problem, it was dealt with. But 2 weeks in a small room with no opening windows was too hard. Along with very noisy airconditioning unit we wouldnt recommend staying here if you can afford a little more and make sure you get an apartment style hotel. Ther are plenty, we saw them. The holiday was great but the hotel was the only negative thing when people have asked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was nasty!!! When we went to check in, I should have known this was going to be what it smelled like at the front desk!!! When we went to our room, the room has a wet feel in the air! I was scared to take my shoes off. The carpet felt wet!! When I went to the bathroom, the towels had hair in them and they looked yellow. I had to go ask for new towels and the woman (who didn't understand English just looked at me like I was crazy). The hotel as a whole needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I selected this hotel to attend a local event despite the not so good reviews. After staying there, I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. As a frequent traveler, I stayed at a lot of hotels, mostly luxury brands, and the International Palms Orlando really delivered when it came to value and service. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially the front desk agents. The room was spacious and clean. The pool area was great and so was the bartender. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room facing interior of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!