“International Palms Orlando in need of an update” 3 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6515 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Ranked #219 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Leicester, United Kingdom
“International Palms Orlando in need of an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel is in a good position on International Drive. Plenty of places to eat, most are cheap rubbish (Like Ponderosa) but you can find some decent spots. Decent breakfasts and sandwiches from the cafe directly opposite the hotel. Indian guy runs it. We didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment, although the pool bar food looked nice. Also ok to walk out and have a few beers without need for a car. 10 min walk down the road to the entrance of Wet & Wild which helps. Saves on the expensive parking costs.
On the entrance to the reception, you get the feeling of a decent class of hotel. Very clean and it has all the ammenities you'd want and expect. Only downside was the check in wait. 2 people on a busy Saturday afternoon was not enough. We were checked into a room in the tower block. This hotel has numerous blocks and we were told this was the best option for 2 adults and a child. Plenty of carparking spaces so no problem there. After travelling up the very old rickety lifts, we were on the 8th floor of the tower block. The room was as big as one in the Premier Inn. 2 double beds and a seperate bathroom. All clean but looked dated.

It was our own fault for not reading the brochure as we were thinking like most holidays, it was self catering. This is listed as room only but it does have a fridge and microwave. Not much good though as you are not provided with any cutlery, plates or glasses. And when we asked, they couldnt supply them. So this meant we could keep a few cold beers in the room, but we were eating out everyday!. Some days we just wanted to get up and have some toast. (In hind sight, we should have bought a cheap toaster from Wal-Mart and left it there).
The pool area is very nice. decent size pool and pool bar.

The people working there are friendly and when we had a toilet problem, it was dealt with. But 2 weeks in a small room with no opening windows was too hard. Along with very noisy airconditioning unit we wouldnt recommend staying here if you can afford a little more and make sure you get an apartment style hotel. Ther are plenty, we saw them. The holiday was great but the hotel was the only negative thing when people have asked.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1,642 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (446)
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was nasty!!! When we went to check in, I should have known this was going to be what it smelled like at the front desk!!! When we went to our room, the room has a wet feel in the air! I was scared to take my shoes off. The carpet felt wet!! When I went to the bathroom, the towels had hair in them and they looked yellow. I had to go ask for new towels and the woman (who didn't understand English just looked at me like I was crazy). The hotel as a whole needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I selected this hotel to attend a local event despite the not so good reviews. After staying there, I have to admit that I was pleasantly surprised. As a frequent traveler, I stayed at a lot of hotels, mostly luxury brands, and the International Palms Orlando really delivered when it came to value and service. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, especially the front desk agents. The room was spacious and clean. The pool area was great and so was the bartender. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room facing interior of hotel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Galway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Spent 11 nights at this wonderful hotel which is conveniently located on International Drive at trolley stop 11. It is just a short distance from SeaWorld, Universal Orlando's Islands of Adventure and the Walt Disney World. There are plenty of restaurants in the area as well as entertainment, shopping and theme parks.
This large resort has a lovely swimming pool with plenty of sun chairs available, a fitness centre as well as a recreation and sports court. Take refuge in the lovely whirlpool which is located a short distance from the swimming pool. There is also an on-site gift shop. If you wish to dine at the hotel you have the choice of the front street cafe where they serve breakfast, lunch and dinner and it overlooks the pool area. Then there is the Coral Key Bar & Grill for nightly entertainment and dinner. The Pool Hut Bar serves pizza and other snacks as well as refreshments.
Our room was located on the 12th floor overlooking International Drive and the night time view was spectacular. It was fully equipped with satellite TV, refrigerator, microwave and coffee/tea machine which was ideal for preparing light snacks when necessary. It was spotless and well maintained during our stay and we would certainly return to this hotel again. We found the staff very helpful, courteous and friendly.

Room Tip: If you are worried about your upcoming stay at this hotel, contact the Manager directly and he will...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
New Romney, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

In need of some major sleep me and my fiancé found this hotel, walked in and service was brilliant. Young man on the desk couldn't help us more if he had tried and was very friendly and approachable. Only room available was a double king size which we took and were put in the tower block. Don't get your hopes up as its pretty basic with a few additional extras. Bed was so comfortable! Clean and spacious. Room and bathroom a bit dated but was sufficient enough for us. Would use again if need be. Oh also, if staying in the tower block and you have a fear of heights you may want to be relocated. Basically the walkway to get to your room circulates the middle of the block with about a 4 foot rail to stop you falling or jumping. I just didn't look! Apart from that would recommend :)

• Stayed November 2012
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed here for two weeks and the end of October. This was my second stay here this year!

Hotel is in a great location, if you don't mind walking, Universal Studios is about a 20 minute walk away.
There's lots of shops and restaurants near by.
Beds are big and comfy.
The rooms are a really good size with lots of space.
We had an amazing view of Islands of Adventure from our hotel room on floor 10.
Rooms have a big fridge and a microwave which can come in handy.
Staff are very friendly and helpful.
There's a vending machine on every floor which is handy.
Small gift shop in lobby, pretty expensive. I'd recommend Walgreens, only 5 minute walk away.
The pool is lovely. Great size with a nice waterfall.

We did have extremely noisy neighbours for a couple of nights. Could hear their conversations all night through the walls and kept up awake until the early morning.
Air-con was very noisy.
Showers aren't very powerful but okay, I just used the bath instead.
Lift 3 is missing buttons and has no light to tell you which floor you're actually stopping on but the others are fine.
Our hotel windows were extremely dirty, could definitely use a clean.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel. The location is amazing for theme parks. You can jump on the I-Ride trolleys which are $1.50 and go to many shopping locations and to sea world and aquatica. The stop at most hotel locations too. Very handy. You can get day and week passes for them from many stores and hotels.

Tip - you can get to Disney world for $2 by using the lynx bus service and getting a transfer ticket for free. It takes a little longer than shuttles but it is a bargain!

• Stayed October 2012
lake wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times and each time I stay I have been completely satisfied. No where is perfect but the staff seems to bend over backwards to make your stay satisfactory. I can not say enough good things about the staff. Everyone from the cleaning staff, the maintenance staff to the upper management go above and beyond to make your stay pleasant. Which is why I return so often.
Now, one thing I have to say is....I do not understand how they are going to let the best bartender in Orlando go??? Judy is an amazing person and goes above and beyond her job to entertain and make everyone happy and satisfied!! You guys better wake up!! You are loosing a gem!! I make an hour drive up there even when I am not staying there just to visit the lounge and have a good time with Judy. She is such an asset to that hotel. I will be sad to go there and not have her smiling face to laugh and visit with. :(
So if you are looking for an overall good experience I certainly do recommend this hotel. I will be returning many more times for sure!!
Thanks guys for making my stays memorable!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!