The hotel is in a good position on International Drive. Plenty of places to eat, most are cheap rubbish (Like Ponderosa) but you can find some decent spots. Decent breakfasts and sandwiches from the cafe directly opposite the hotel. Indian guy runs it. We didnt eat in the hotel so cant comment, although the pool bar food looked nice. Also ok to walk out and have a few beers without need for a car. 10 min walk down the road to the entrance of Wet & Wild which helps. Saves on the expensive parking costs.
On the entrance to the reception, you get the feeling of a decent class of hotel. Very clean and it has all the ammenities you'd want and expect. Only downside was the check in wait. 2 people on a busy Saturday afternoon was not enough. We were checked into a room in the tower block. This hotel has numerous blocks and we were told this was the best option for 2 adults and a child. Plenty of carparking spaces so no problem there. After travelling up the very old rickety lifts, we were on the 8th floor of the tower block. The room was as big as one in the Premier Inn. 2 double beds and a seperate bathroom. All clean but looked dated.
It was our own fault for not reading the brochure as we were thinking like most holidays, it was self catering. This is listed as room only but it does have a fridge and microwave. Not much good though as you are not provided with any cutlery, plates or glasses. And when we asked, they couldnt supply them. So this meant we could keep a few cold beers in the room, but we were eating out everyday!. Some days we just wanted to get up and have some toast. (In hind sight, we should have bought a cheap toaster from Wal-Mart and left it there).
The pool area is very nice. decent size pool and pool bar.
The people working there are friendly and when we had a toilet problem, it was dealt with. But 2 weeks in a small room with no opening windows was too hard. Along with very noisy airconditioning unit we wouldnt recommend staying here if you can afford a little more and make sure you get an apartment style hotel. Ther are plenty, we saw them. The holiday was great but the hotel was the only negative thing when people have asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort Orlando on International Drive Resort. This Orlando FL resort is convenient location is in the heart of International Drive, and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, and cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild. On-site, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool. Work out in our newly-renovated fitness center with all new exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable dining options and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual yet fun cocktail lounge. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of function space. For great Orlando vacation deals, this resort offers valuable Orlando vacation packages for your family vacation or romantic getaway. With a new management company overseeing the experience, we look forward to taking excellent care of you!International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando is proud to be a Disney Good Neighbor hotel and to be a member of the Florida Green Lodging Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel and Venere so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn