“Best Vacation I Have Ever Experienced” 4 of 5 stars
Review of International Palms Resort & Conference Center

Save Saved
You added International Palms Resort & Conference Center to your Saves list
International Palms Resort & Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   6515 International Drive, Orlando, FL 32819 (Florida Center)   |
Ranked #220 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Lynchburg, Virginia
“Best Vacation I Have Ever Experienced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I was first and foremost impressed with the staff at the International Palms Resort. From check in to check out it was wonderful. We arrived as scheduled and they actually allowed me to choose my own room. After moving into the room and totally unpacking we found that there was a water leak in front of the bathroom door. When I went to let someone know they could not have been nicer and moved us into and Executive Room for the same price. The housekeeping staff were FIRST CLASS and assisted with anything we needed. The room was clean and the view from our window was fabulous. I would like to explain why I did not give and excellent rating however: 1. The children's pool was dirty and had algae, when we asked if it could be cleaned so our 5 yr. old could play in it they only roped it off and placed a closed sign up. Not good ! Also, we tried the breakfast buffet one morning and found it to be WAY overpriced for what was on the buffet. Our choice not to go again and found a more value for our buck elsewhere. But all in all it was a great stay and would do it again. I do hope however, that it was not just do to the great executive room.

Room Tip: Ask for the executive or upgrade when you check in. Couldn't hurt.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

1,636 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Turkish first
Savannah, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This was a fairly nice hotel. My hubby and I arrived quite a bit early for check-in and were told we could check-in early for a fee of $25. Since it was still early in the day we decided to spend the day at Epcot which is about a 5 min. drive away. Upon arriving I was promptly asked for my credit card which would not have bothered me except for the fact that I called and asked if I needed to have a credit card to check-in and was told that since I booked through Hotwire I would not need one. The front desk guy wanted to show me the papers that said the exact opposite of what I was told, but since it was no big deal I let it slide. The main halls of the building were a little dated, but they were clean. I felt secure in the room, but made sure not to leave valuables in the car. The room and beds were very clean and the bathroom was clean. We only stayed the one night and I would definitely stay again. Check-out was a breeze and there were no extra charges added to my card. The location is perfect with lot's of restaurants and gift shops in walking distance. You can also walk to Universal if you were so inclined. I would not pay over $50 a night for this room.

Room Tip: Make sure that when you book you ask for a renovated room they are usually in the tower.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

After reading alot of bad reviews before we arrived i was very nervous about staying here!! All of them bad reviews are absolute bull. The hotel is perfect, right across the road from wet n wild, 5 mins from universal and close to all other shops and resturaunts on Idrive. The rooms were very spacious 2 double beds, flat screen tv, microwave and fridge. The Bathroom was very tidy and the shower was great. The cleaners were in every day and made the beds and left fresh towels. We checked in in less than 5mins and checked out in less time. The pool area is gorgeous and great to have a chill out day there also the poolside bar has loads to drink and also does hot snacks! The hotel has free shuttles to universal and sea world, and only charges 7dollars to Disney, anybody who gives out about this is mad as it would easily cost 50 dollars each way so so what if u have to stand on a bus for half hour!! I really cant think of anything bad to say about this hotel, somebody said the elevator button wouldnt work........ Get a life!! One thing is i did request a newly renovated room before we went so maybe thats why ive no complaints but would definatly recommend this hotel! If u want luxury pay for it and stay in the hilton... By the way there was a bomb scare there wen we were there so maybe ur better off stayin in the cheaper hotels!!!

Room Tip: Request a newly renovated room if you are fussy..... I did. I think block D and the tower are renova...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

When we booked, we were skeptical due to mixed reviews. After booking and putting down deposits, read reviews again and noticed the obvious fake 5 star reviews put in by the hotel themselves. This made us a little scared, but due to short notice, it was hard to find another decent hotel near these prices. When we arrived, we "upgraded" to the tower because of numerous comments saying the rooms were much better there. Upon entering rooms, we were shocked at the amount of problems the rooms had (there were 3 of us, with 2 connecting rooms). Granted this was a very old hotel (I think it used to be a Holiday Inn) and some issues were out of management's control (water pressure/temp control, run down area, structure falling apart), the upkeep of the hotel was very lacking. To give an example, one of our rooms had a huge ball of lint and beer bottle cap on the floor! These remained our entire stay. So obviously they didn't vacuum at all. Our beds were made up daily, however using the same sheets! They were never changed. Be careful about eating the food in their restaurant. The buffet food looked poor, so we decided to order our breakfast. I was the only one who ate the food served...the others couldn't handle the old, funny tasting food. My stomach was upset the entire day. One odd thing is that of our 2 adjoining rooms, one had decent bedding. The other had old, nasty bedding. The only good comment I can leave is that the pool was very nice.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
interpalms, Manager at International Palms Resort & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your observations associated with your recent visit.

We were delighted to hear that you enjoyed the swimming pool. Yes, our pool and poolside bar & grille is indeed a popular place to cool down and kibitz a bit with family and friends after a long day at the nearby theme parks, shopping or simply hopping around action-packed International Drive.

Yes, comprehensive housekeeping services are performed daily as well as upon request should a guest require additional assistance with bedding, towels or other in-room services and amenities beyond our standard care. I have passed along your comments to our guestroom inspector to ensure our high standards are maintained.

Our popular breakfast buffet is served daily in the Front Street Café. And while we rotate our selections of breakfast meats, eggs, breads, pastries and fruits routinely, Chef Michelle continues to look for creative ways appeal to a variety of consumer tastes. If you desire an item that is not offered on the buffet that particular day, simply ask a dining room attendant and our culinary team will gladly accommodate your special request.

Our adjoining rooms are wildly popular with traveling couples, large families and family reunions, etc as they are both convenient and foster camaraderie without the expense of a large suite. While there are intentional variations of our guestroom interiors, all 652 rooms are decorated with comfortable, clean bedding and functional furnishings.

We value the honest feedback we receive from all of our guests as it reaffirms the many things that we are doing well and the opportunity to continuously improve to ensure your next visit with us is nothing short of exceptional.

Kind Regards,

Jim Bullock
Vice President
Larnaka, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

Myself and my husband stayed in this hotel and would definitely recommend it. Just across the road from wet n wild the location is brilliant. Rooms were spacious and clean. Only thing i would say is request to be in the tower. The rooms outside the tower aren't great and you definitely feel like your in a different hotel. Good value for money for those of you who don't mind a standard hotel but want to be close to everything Orlando has to offer. Will defiantly book to stay in this hotel next time we visit Florida.

• Stayed February 2011
Liverpool
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

Excellent Hotel, excellent facilities. Central location, staffs are excellent. We asked for a high floor when vacation booked and this request was granted. When checking in we were greeted by Mike (think that was his name) he said "oh we have been waiting for you i have you key card ready, you are all set to go". This made us feel special. Thank you to all of the staff at International Palms Resort for making our visit very special

Room Tip: We stayed in the tower on 14th floor it was quit and had fantastic views.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011 via mobile

Stayed here end nov 09 & loved it. The location is ideal close to food, shops & transport. The swimming pool is not tiny and there are plenty of sun beds although I did go in November when it was quieter. But after all who wants to sunbathe when u can go to Disney ???. The only downside was having up at the crack of Dawn to book the next days Disney shuttle and some days you couldn't even get on and often it was over booked also many evenings we had to get a taxi back. We did have a problem with the shower and after a quick call down stairs it was sorted.

• Stayed November 2010

Been to International Palms Resort & Conference Center? Share your experiences!