We booked our room online and assumed we would get a similar room to those advertised online. That was not the case. We reserved for a non-smoking king in a renovated room, what we got was a smoking room with a king bed in a outdated room. I contacted the front desk and they moved us into the towers. The room we received immediately smelled better upon entering and looked like the advertised room online although still a bit outdated, but not nearly as much as our first room. Note about the towers: I suggest if you have a fear of heights do NOT get a room in the towers, I don't have a fear, but felt a little woozy until I got used to it.
The hotel lobby, conference center and pool areas are beautiful (period) the rest of the hotel is very outdated including the areas that were being renovated. The elevators were very scary and old, but it was comforting to know outsiders couldn't lurk near rooms b/c you need a room passkey to operate the elevators. Housekeeping was OUTSTANDING and very attentive - they kept you supplied with clean (not so soft) towels, soap, and hotel toiletries (soap, lotion, coffee, tea etc) if you needed them. And they were always pleasant.
The one MAJOR drawback was the showers. Not the bathroom itself, but actually taking a shower. It was truly an experience. The water was NEVER consistent. You can turn it on to the temperature that is comfortable for you, but it had a mind of its own. It would go from comfortable to scalding hot, to icy cold, to no water whatsoever all without turning any knobs. I do not suggest showering a child here as the water temperature/pressure could be very unpredictable and you wouldn't want to risk scalding your child. I attributed this to the renovations they were doing in the hotel until engineering came up and said otherwise. Hey he's the expert, what do I know?
Overall review: If you want a place close restaurants, highways and some attractions (Wet and Wild across the street and Universal around the corner) this is a good hotel. If you're looking for 5 stars this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When searching for ideal Orlando Florida hotels or resorts for your Central Florida vacation, make your reservation at the International Palms Resort Orlando on International Drive Resort. This Orlando FL resort is convenient location is in the heart of International Drive, and offers guests easy access to the most popular Orlando attractions and exciting things to do. Discover adventurous thrills at Universal Orlando, marvel at an amazing underwater paradise at Sea World, and cool off with an exciting trip to Aquatica or Wet n Wild. On-site, take a refreshing dip in our sparkling outdoor pool or whirlpool. Work out in our newly-renovated fitness center with all new exercise machines. For tantalizing meals, choose from several delectable dining options and enjoy a drink and pleasant conversations in our casual yet fun cocktail lounge. Experience event planning Florida-style, with delicious catering menus and 20,000 square feet of function space. For great Orlando vacation deals, this resort offers valuable Orlando vacation packages for your family vacation or romantic getaway. With a new management company overseeing the experience, we look forward to taking excellent care of you!International Palms Resort & Conference Center Orlando is proud to be a Disney Good Neighbor hotel and to be a member of the Florida Green Lodging Program. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your International Palms Resort & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- International Palms Hotel Orlando
- International Palms Resort And Conference Center
- Holiday Inn Orlando
- Holiday Inn International Drive Florida
- Holiday Inn International Drive Orlando
- Orlando Holiday Inn