“Convention” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6850 Westwood Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32821 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #78 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Cohasset, Massachusetts
“Convention”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here during a Convention at the Orlando / Orange County Convention Center. Wished I had stayed somewhere else. The check in process was painful, I got to the hotel at 3:40 and they said my room wasn't ready. I asked when would be ready and they said at check -in time. I asked when Check in time was, he replied 4 pm. Seemed to me they were sticking to the 4 pm check in time and not that my room wasn't ready. I made a few business calls and by the time I went back to the front desk it was 4:10 and I was 7th in line.
The room seemed a little dated and had some stains on the carpet, but the AC was the worst. The room was either too hot or too cold and when the AC went on, it would wake most people up. The shower also seemed like a kids shower, the shower head was pretty low.
The bartender at the bar was one of the worst I'm encountered at a Hotel bar (very slow). And the TV selection was pretty bad. The location of the property wasn't bad, but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hello Hagearty,

Often those attending conventions at the Orange County Convention Center choose our hotel because of our close proximity and free parking. However, with large conventions often our check in process is a bit slower due to the increase of guests. I apologize that you experienced a short than expected wait time to check into your room. We do work diligently in both the front office and housekeeping to provide the best service for our guests. We welcome another opportunity to put our best foot forward, should you choose to return. Thank you for your time and your review.

863 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

If you are going to be in Orlando around Seaworld and Universal Studios area you must put this Hotel on the top of your list. It has to be one of the best in the State of FLorida. I have stayed here 2 times in the past couple of months and to let you know they are the freindliest and most prompt employees I have ever met. I have been in thousands of Hotels in my life and this was the easiest check in and out I have ever had. When we have a question they dont hesitate to answer and do it with such a beautiful smile. The staff is the best.......The Hotel is so clean......This Hotel is a must for you and your family

Hello Raleigh62,

We want to make it to the top of each of our guests lists. I am so very happy to hear we succeeded onto your top spot, thank you! Our exceptional service is our priority and we always strive to go above and beyond. It’s so rewarding to have our guests return and come back to see us, especially considering all of the options here in Orlando. Thank you for your kind words and this lovely review. We look forward to having you back again!
Barranquilla, Colombia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was a good experience to be guest at Hilton Garden Inn. We visit Disney World and hotel was close to parks and down town also. Service at this hotel was very good and fast. I recommend Hilton Garden Inn for your visit to Orlando-Florida.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Vanessa R,

I’m glad you enjoyed your experience here at our hotel. We are right in the middle of Universal, Disney, and SeaWorld; this makes us a great choice for park-goers. Thank you for your recommendation to others who are considering a hotel here in Orlando.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Hotel within walking distance of Sea World or take the shuttle at the front door. Free parking a plus (larger hotel next door charges $16/day!). Breakfast buffet is $12.95, too expensive for the average family. Dinner menu was expensive for what was offered. Rooms are adequate but everything away from the first floor showing it's age. Good for Sea World otherwise better options are available.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Artie482,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I’m happy to hear our location was desirable for your trips to the theme park and our complementary parking a plus as well. Often we hear our enjoyable the benefits of our concierge are, and I hope you were able to make use of them. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you in the future.
New Lebanon, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the last night of our Orlando vacation. I chose this hotel due to location and reputation. However, this one did not stand up to what i'm used to. The location was what it promised. We had a short walk to seaworld, and did not have to take a shuttle or bus and did not have to pay to park. However, there are no cross walks, which is hard when you have young kids and tourists driving in unfamiliar parts.

We were put in a room on the 2nd floor. I booked this well in advance, and assumed a higher room, but that was fine. Upon entering our room the stinch of air freshener almost choked us. my daughter couldn't stop coughing...IT WAS BAD. The beds were FULL size, not QUEEn and not comfortable at all. I went to the front desk about the smell and he said they were booked but offered me a free appetizer with our dinner, which they brought to the pool (very nice). He said to crank down the air and see if that helped the smell but it really didn't. Everything we took in the room tasted like febreeze! and I've since had to wash our alredy clean clothes to get the smell out. yep, it was THAT BAD. The price of this room was 194.00 way toooo much for what I got.

Hello Crawfosr,

I apologize for the troubles during your stay. We are in the process of upgrading our beds from full sized to queen. Additionally, we will be getting rid of our remaining limited smoking rooms this summer, along with other upgrades throughout the hotel. I see that one of our team members offered you vouchers for an appetizer and drinks at our lounge. Hopefully this helped with your room situation. However, as our relationship with SeaWorld grows, we are able to provide our guests with additional benefits, in additional to our shuttle service and discount cards. Thank you for your review, if there anything else we can do, please do not hesitate to call 407-354-1500.
Speonk, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Being within walking distance of Seaworld is a big plus! Concierge was knowledgeable & helpful about theme park options and services and Seaworld perks (head of the queue & merchandise & dining discounts) were also a bonus!Breakfast "buffet" provided healthy options as well as traditional breakfast fare. Pleasant enough, would stay again, particularly if going to Seaworld!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Donna F,

Guests are often thrilled with the information and benefits offered through our concierge service – especially the Quick Que passes. Additionally, our breakfast always receives rave reviews for their choices and friendly service. I’m very glad you enjoyed your say here with us. Should you need anything else, please let us know! Thank you for such a fine review.
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The best I can rate this hotel is average. It is not up to par with other Hilton Garden Inn's we have stayed in. The staff was nice and the room rate reasonable. At $12.99 a clip each, the breakfast bar was (in my opinion) over priced. $26 for 2 people when other hotels offer it for free. The room was fine. The bed linen was very thin and needed replaced. There is a BIG construction project going on across the street and the noise begins first thing in the morning so be prepared to get up and go. For the money - or just a little more - you can do better. This was my first dissappointment in the HGI. All the others I have stayed at have been several notches better.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Gatorone,

Thank you for your review, and staying with us while here in Orlando. Often our guests inquire about our breakfast, its price, and availability. While the Hampton Inn and Embassy Suites do offer a complimentary breakfast, ours is $12.95 per adult. However, our selection is much larger and full service. I apologize if you felt the prices were too high; hopefully our service helped make up the difference for you. Our property is in the process of upgrading many different facets, including the linen. We welcome the chance to host you again should you choose to return. We stand by our satisfaction guarantee, which you would be sure to receive. Thank you again, have a great day!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!