“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld

You added Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6850 Westwood Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32821 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #107 of 335 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Benning, Georgia, United States
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

It is located near to Seaworld - walking distance of about 10 min and this will save the parking fee if you intend to drive. They also provide good breakfast and service. Will be one of our choice if we are to come again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Anni_Lim
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Hello Anni_Lim,

Thank you for writing your review! I am glad that you appreciate our proximity to SeaWorld and that you enjoyed the breakfast and the service we provided to you. More importantly, I am glad that you will choose to stay here again. When you do, please let me know so I can thank you in person for you review. Until then, have a great day!

Cypress, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was attending a conference next to the property, and I was able to save some money by staying at the Hilton Garden Inn compared to the event hotel, which I was able to walk to, next door.

However, this is a hotel for tourist who are going to Sea World, and not really a business travelers hotel. There were crying babies, with their parents walking the halls at 2am both mornings trying to get their kids to sleep, while keeping everyone else awake. I am sure they had other kids in their rooms, and did not want to disturb their sleep, but everyone else was wide awake for hours listening to their others child cry. The hotel management did nothing to solve the issue, after several tries, this is a time I should have had ear plugs.

The food was great at the breakfast bar, and the staff was over all very good.

Next time I will spend the extra money and stay at the conference/event site and not cheap out on the budget.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hello Swampscott-Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. With regard to the noise issue you experienced, I see in our logs that the issue was reported and responded to, but I do apologize that it wasn’t handled to your satisfaction. In the future we will do a better job of responding to these calls since due to our proximity to the convention center, we get a lot of business travelers who are very important to us. Again, please accept our sincerest apologies.

All that being said, I am happy that you enjoyed our food and that you found our staff to be “very good.”

I hope that you do not give up on us. If you do decide to give us another chance please feel free to contact me directly and I will see to it that you receive a nice quiet room. Thanks again and have a great day!
Harrisburg, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

I am a die-hard Hilton guy so when my family and I decided to stay in Orlando for 1 week to go to Universal Studios and SeaWorld, I leaned heavily towards a Hilton property that was a good value and close to both destinations.

Here are the pros for this hotel: great buffet and made to order breakfast, you can't get any closer to SeaWorld but 10 minutes to Universal Studios, close to a lot of good restaurants and shopping.

Here are the cons for this hotel: sub-par service, very loud housekeeping, and although it wasn't a problem for us, this hotel is next door to an institution for teens with mental challenges complete with 10 foot fences to keep 'them' on property.

Perhaps the biggest problem I had with this hotel and why I will never stay there again is this. My wife has a phobia of elevators so we tend to stay on lower floors. We were placed on the 5th floor, asked repeatedly for a lower floor but no rooms were available for the length of our stay. My wife is a trooper so not a really big deal. Here's the knock: location of stairwells. There are 2 at this hotel. To get to the first stairwell, you have to walk through a banquet/meeting room. So if there is an event taking place (and there was one from 7 AM to 9 PM every day of our stay), then you either have to walk through the event and interrupt them to get to the stairwell or you go to the second one. The second one is through the kitchen and staff quarters. Every time we went this route, we were basically interrogated for going through this area to get to the stairwell. So when we went back to the first stairwell, the group that was holding the event complained and the Hotel General Manager mandated that we go back to the second one.

For most people reading this review, this won't really play into the process of perhaps selecting this hotel. I will tell you that for us, this was a deal killer and we won't ever return.

I hope this helps. Thanks.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Brian C
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

Clean room, super staff, very good breakfast bar. Stay is close to convention centers and on trolley line to many good restaurants. I was there one week and my room was always kept very clean, staff responded quickly to a request. Internet access was excellent (on 6th floor) and generally quiet during the night. One note of interest was that i didn't hear police, fire or ambulance sirens the entire time I was there. Coincidence? I don't know, but hope it was the location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Hello Prschatz,

I’d like to start by thanking you for your time and your review! It sounds like you appreciated everything from our “super staff” to our “very good breakfast bar” and we are certainly glad to hear that. When you are back in the area please think of us, we’d love to have you as our guest again. Have a wonderful day!
Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Toenails on the carpet! Housekeeping left lots to be desired. Other than the toenail, the hotel was OK. Good location. Near restaurants and Seaworld and convention center. Not within walking distance, though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Hello Lee K,

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issue that you experienced but I am happy to hear that you think we are in a good location. We are within walking distance of SeaWorld and we do have several restaurants within walking distance of our hotel as well. If you would like to discuss your stay with me any further, I would be happy to hear from you. You can reach me at 407 354 1500 or by email at Noel.Sipes@hilton.com. Thank you and have a great day!
Maracaibo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Special thanks from the Galban-Zavala family to:
- Miss Patricia Levine
- Mr. James Stephens, and
- The great staff of the dining room for breakfast
All them made our visit and stay in Orlando the BEST vacation trip in years.

The Hotel is strategically located near to SeaWorld complexes, access routes to Disney & Universal parks and major Outlets for shopping is immediate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Hello Jesus_Galban,

Thank you so much for your review! We deeply appreciate the feedback, especially when it’s as great as this. We are pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will be sharing your kind words with regard to Patricia and Stephen to the rest of our staff to make sure that they get the recognition they deserve. We hope to see you again soon. Thanks again and have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in 2010 and really enjoyed our stay. Nice clean property inside and out. Very helpful staff. The only complaint i have is with tge area they have set up for shuttle boarding its too close to the front of the hotel causes congestion. Location is awesome easy walk to seaword basically in parking lot of theme park.

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello Lovesthesmokies4ever,

Thank you so much for writing about your experience at our hotel! We are always happy to hear from our guests. Thank you for recognizing our “clean property” and “very helpful staff.” I will be sharing these comments with our staff to make sure they get the recognition they deserve. We hope to see you again soon!