I am a die-hard Hilton guy so when my family and I decided to stay in Orlando for 1 week to go to Universal Studios and SeaWorld, I leaned heavily towards a Hilton property that was a good value and close to both destinations.
Here are the pros for this hotel: great buffet and made to order breakfast, you can't get any closer to SeaWorld but 10 minutes to Universal Studios, close to a lot of good restaurants and shopping.
Here are the cons for this hotel: sub-par service, very loud housekeeping, and although it wasn't a problem for us, this hotel is next door to an institution for teens with mental challenges complete with 10 foot fences to keep 'them' on property.
Perhaps the biggest problem I had with this hotel and why I will never stay there again is this. My wife has a phobia of elevators so we tend to stay on lower floors. We were placed on the 5th floor, asked repeatedly for a lower floor but no rooms were available for the length of our stay. My wife is a trooper so not a really big deal. Here's the knock: location of stairwells. There are 2 at this hotel. To get to the first stairwell, you have to walk through a banquet/meeting room. So if there is an event taking place (and there was one from 7 AM to 9 PM every day of our stay), then you either have to walk through the event and interrupt them to get to the stairwell or you go to the second one. The second one is through the kitchen and staff quarters. Every time we went this route, we were basically interrogated for going through this area to get to the stairwell. So when we went back to the first stairwell, the group that was holding the event complained and the Hotel General Manager mandated that we go back to the second one.
For most people reading this review, this won't really play into the process of perhaps selecting this hotel. I will tell you that for us, this was a deal killer and we won't ever return.
I hope this helps. Thanks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld where Orlando's most exciting attractions are just around the corner! Conveniently located in the International Drive Resort Area next to SeaWorld and 1/2 mile from Discovery Cove where you can swim with the dolphins. Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are just five miles away. Complimentary scheduled transportation is provided to all the major attractions. The Hilton Garden Inn is an official On-Site SeaWorld hotel that offers amenities and discounts not found at other hotels. Guests staying with us will receive guaranteed entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica; early entry to SeaWorld on select days; discount at gift shops and restaurants; and the opportunity to reserve the Ultimate Quik-Queue front of the line pass, complimentary (limited quantities daily). A multitude of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues are also within a short ride from our Orlando, Florida hotel on the I-Ride Trolley (the trolley has a stop directly in front of the hotel). Moreover, we offer complimentary transportation to the area's three most famous attractions: Walt Disney World(R), Universal Studios and SeaWorld. We are the closest, most affordable hotel near SeaWorld, offering Hilton quality at an affordable price. Be our guest next time you visit Orlando, Florida and discover true hospitality at its best. The Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld participates in Hilton HHonors(R), the only hotel reward program that offers Points & Miles(R) and no blackout dates. Whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the reliable amenities and services for guests to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home. Everything...Right where you need it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Orlando