“Another Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld

Save Saved
You added Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6850 Westwood Boulevard, Orlando, FL 32821 (Florida Center)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #71 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Manitoba
“Another Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Stayed here for 5 nights recently due to a business trip. Hotel was undergoing some renovations, so things weren't ideal, but good enough. Front desk and breakfast area were moved in to the meeting rooms. So there was no lack of service or anything, and a pretty seamless renovation. The only downside is that the renos were going on next to the bar, and the noise was quite loud while in the bar, but that was the only inconvenience.

Room was clean, bed was great, air conditioner worked well. Wifi is really patchy in the rooms. Kept getting booted off, and had to reconnect. It's a weak signal. The gym is pretty small, and should be better equipped with more free weights. The biggest one there is only 15 lbs. Cardio equipment was in good shape, but the floor space is minimal, so that's pretty much all you can do. Stairs are difficult to use if you'd rather do stairs than the elevator (hidden behind meeting rooms which makes them difficult to find).

No real restaurants within short walking distance, though there is a Starbucks in the Renaissance Hotel next door. No shopping or anything within walking distance either. Outlet malls are about 3 miles away. You will most likely require a car while staying here just to get around. Location is slowly being built up, but still seems under-utilized. It's close to pretty much everything. Right beside SeaWorld, 10 mins to Disney, 5 mins to Convention Center and I-Drive, and 15 mins to Universal.

I'll probably be back here, but it's much better suited for business trips than families on vacation.

Room Tip: Odd number rooms face SeaWorld, High floor even-number rooms can see the Disney fireworks every nigh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Hello AC_A340,

Thank you for your review! We really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on each of your visits to our property.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay once again and that you have an understanding when it comes to our renovation process. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again and if you do, please feel free to reach out to me so that I may do something to show you our appreciation.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

856 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

They were doing some work downstairs. This wasn't a problem though. Great breakfast options (hot, cold, fruit, etc.). Easy to drive to I-drive and the convention center. Clean, comfortable rooms (with new towels). Accommodating staff. Mini-fridge, microwave, coffee - in room.

• Stayed September 2012
Hello Cathy S,

Thank you for your review! Also, thank you for your understanding in regards to our renovations. We hope that you will be back soon so you can see the beautiful results. When you return please let me know so that I can do something to show you our appreciation.

Thanks again and have a great day!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Very nice location, walk to Seaworld!(And Free quick que service) Staff was very very pleasant and answered any requests immediately. Breakfast buffet was really good, especially cooked to order omelettes. It was a charge for breakfast, but free to Hilton gold and diamond members. Hotel was extremely clean. Pool area was tidy.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello Worldtraveller9008,

We really appreciate you taking the time out of your day to give everyone a review of your visit with us. I have passed your comments on to our staff so that they will recieve the recognition they deserve. I hope to see you again soon. Thanks again and have a great day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Location, location, location!!! If you are looking for a clean, quick and easy hotel near all of the attractions- this is your hotel! This hotel is located just off of I-4. You can see SeaWorld out of the window! All of the Disney attractions are 10 minutes away. Universal is 10 minutes the other way! The hotel was very clean. We had no issues checking in. The customer service was very delightful. It appeared that the restaurant was very good and that the attraction ticket counter was very accessible! We did not use either- but both were hopping when we were checking out!
Overall, this is a very nice hotel. Not sure I would stay here more than just a couple nights. But if you are looking for a nice place to stay that is quick and easy- the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando is your place to stay!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brian S, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Hello JJim16,

Thank you for writing your review here! I am thrilled that you like our location so much and that you found our "customer service" to be "very delightful." We hope to see you again soon! Thanks again and have a great day!
Bardenton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

My wife and I arrived for a 2 night stay over the Labor Day weekend. When we arrrived we were advised that our room was not ready yet. It was suggested we come back in about a half hour. When we returned the room was still not ready. The front desk attendant (Steven R) was very apologetic and compensated my wife and I for the inconvenience. I cannot say enough about the way he handled the situation. For that matter, I cannot say enough about the staff at the HGI Seaworld. This is the 2nd time we have stay here and look forward to our next stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello Wanna-b-free,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write your review. While I do apologize that your room was not ready for you, I am happy that Steven was able to assist you and that you were pleased with his efforts. I have shared your review with him as well as everyone else as an example of how to turn a situation like that around. Things don't always go perfect, but it's how we handle those situations that don't, that separate us from everyone else. Thank you for recognizing that and have a great day!
Port Jefferson, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

My wife book this hotel through AA using our points from a recent trip we took elsewhere and it cost us about $30 total for 2 nights. When we arrived the wife sent me in to check in,with paperwork in hand detailing all the info I needed to do so I spoke with Patricia at the front desk. My paperwork said we were to get free breakfast or so I thought until we found that we were supposed to book the room with the free breakfast which we didn't. Patricia who saw my frustration offered me free breakfast for being a hhonors member which helped out. The hotel is under renovations which is ok because it will make it that much nicer. The hotel is very conveinant to a lot of attractions and restaurants which is perfect and was a great price. I would recommend this hotel because we usually stay at Hilton's when we travel for all the amenities and friendly staff at the Hilton chains.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hello John D,

Thank you for writing your review! I do apologize about the mix up regarding breakfast but I am very happy that Patricia was able to assist. I have shared your review with her, as well as the rest of our staff, to ensure that she gets the recognition she deserves. Thanks again, have a wonderful day, and we'll see you next time!
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights so that we could go to SeaWorld. We were very happy with the place. The hotel was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The hotel was within walking distance of SeaWorld, but they also offer a free shuttle if you want to ride. I definitely recommend this hotel, and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hello CindibearFL,

Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone! As always, we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was "very helpful." I hope that you will think of us again when you are in the area, as we are looking forward to serving you in the future. Thanks again and have a great day!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld? Share your experiences!