I spent almost 2 weeks here recently on business, and have no real complaints, or criticisms. It's not a luxury resort, but it's perfectly suited for any length of stay. It was lacking in a couple of things, but it made up for it in every other way. The place was easy to find once we picked up our rental car from the airport. Rooms were clean and spacious. Odd numbered rooms face SeaWorld. Supposedly SeaWorld fireworks, but I never saw/heard any.
Here's the good:
1.) Air conditioners worked awesome. Some people said they were too loud, but they're the same as every other in-room AC I've ever used. If the sound of it kicking on bothers you, just leave the fan on. That way it's less noticeable.
2.) Free WiFi.
3.) Breakfast was huge. Our corporate rate provided it for us, but even the cash price was fair.
4.) Access to I-Drive and Convention Centre. If you have a car, there is a multitude of restaurants within a 10 min drive. Downtown Disney, and the outlet mall is also <10 min drive. Universal is a bit further, but still easy to get to.
Couple minor things...
1.) The fridges in the room worked well. A little too well. Stuff would routinely freeze in them. It wasn't just mine, all the other people in my group reported a similar problem.
2.) Gym is small. Granted most people at hotels in Orlando get plenty of exercise at the amusements, those on business don't. Would have been nice if it was slightly larger with more free weights or weight machines.
3.) No usable stairs. I had the intent of using the stairs at the hotel instead of the elevator, but unfortunately you have no access to them from the main floor unless you go through the ballrooms. So they suited their purpose as a fire escape, but that's it.
4.) Beds were firmish. Fitted sheet kept sliding off and the comforter was sort of lumpy. I still slept ok, and they did have an assortment of pillows.
5.) Bathrooms are small, and not very well laid out.
Staff at the hotel was able to resolve every issue I had. The bar opens up at 5 pm. Drinks are pretty pricey, but the CVS Pharmacy across the street had everything you needed. And a 7-11 just opened up beside it. The both sell beer and everything else. SeaWorld is super close. Pedestrian entrance is less than a block away. No idea why anyone would take the bus there. There isn't much else within a reasonable walk. Everything was a 20 min walk minimum if you had no car.
I would have no hesitation about going back, but the hotel is more set up for business travelers with a vehicle as opposed to families on vacation. I will most likely be back on business again.
I gave the location 3 stars only because it's not within a short walking distance to much. The area is still slowly developing.
If you want to take a jog or anything it takes about 30 mins to go all the way around SeaWorld.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the newly renovated Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld where Orlando's most exciting attractions are just around the corner! Conveniently located in the International Drive Resort Area next to SeaWorld and ½ mile from Discovery Cove where you can swim with the dolphins. Walt Disney World, Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure are just five miles away. Complimentary scheduled transportation is provided to all the major attractions. The Hilton Garden Inn is an official On-Site SeaWorld hotel that offers amenities and discounts not found at other hotels. Guests staying with us will receive guaranteed entry to SeaWorld and Aquatica; early entry to SeaWorld on select days; discount at gift shops and restaurants; and the opportunity to reserve the Ultimate Quik-Queue front of the line pass, complimentary (limited quantities daily). A multitude of restaurants, shops and entertainment venues are also within a short ride from our Orlando, Florida hotel on the I-Ride Trolley (the trolley has a stop directly in front of the hotel). Moreover, we offer complimentary transportation to the area's three most famous attractions: Walt Disney World®, Universal Studios and SeaWorld. We are the closest, most affordable hotel near SeaWorld, offering Hilton quality at an affordable price. Be our guest next time you visit Orlando, Florida and discover true hospitality at its best. The Hilton Garden Inn at SeaWorld participates in Hilton HHonors®, the only hotel reward program that offers Points & Miles® and no blackout dates. Whether on the road for personal or business reasons, Hilton Garden Inn offers the reliable amenities and services for guests to sleep deep, stay fit, eat well and work smart while away from home. Everything…right where you need it. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Orlando at SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Orlando At Seaworld Hotel Orlando
- Orlando Hilton Garden Inn
- Hilton Orlando