“We stayed 1 night before our flight from MCO.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport

You added Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport to your Saves list
Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7300 Augusta National Drive, Orlando, FL 32822 (Orlando International Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #45 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
GreenLeadersGold level
Madison, Alabama
“We stayed 1 night before our flight from MCO.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel is lovely and our room decor was very attractive. Unfortunately our bed was lumpy and hard as a rock. We had a terrible night's sleep - not quite 5 hours and left feeling exhausted before our flight. I metioned this to the hotel staff. We will cross this one off our list even though it's location is convenient and the property itself is beautiful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear guest kitchenqueen76,

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for the lack of rest that you experience during your one night stay due to the level of firmness of the mattress.

We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order. Our king beds are equipped with a mechanism “Garden Inn Sleep System Mattress” that allow them to be adjust for more or less levels of firm.

However, our Queen beds are the regular type of mattress that I’m sure you will find more enjoyable. I am sorry you couldn’t enjoy your night sleep during that short time with us but I hope that you can give us a second chance and experience our Queen beds on your next trip.

I really appreciate your comments and all of my guest’s feedback which it helps me to address and correct things from a different source and point of view.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!.

We value you as a guest, and I want you to know that your concerns are our concerns and my main goal is to make sure that your satisfaction is exceeded.

Alex Blanco

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

We took our Girl Scouts on a weekend getaway trip to Sea World. They loved the hotel pool! The adults loved the great customer service, very welcoming attitude and the cleanliness. 2 thumbs up to JASMINE for being so accommodating with all of our requests, changes and last minute add ons. Kudos!!

Room Tip: Not really a bad room location!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear guest “Allison L”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates including Jasmine, and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

We are looking forward to welcome you, family and friends to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

I can't say enough good things about this place! My husband travels a ton and is a gold member so we stayed here for two nights with honor points plus $$. They breakfast was amazing and the staff was so very friendly. We flew out early Monday morning and they were so good about picking my husband up from the airport Sunday evening after he returned the rental car. We took the complimentary shuttle to the airport at 5 am, they let us leave things behind the desk Sunday night, helped us load things Monday morning, offered us fruit to take with us, AND even sent a car a SECOND time when we forgot a few things at the hotel. Sooooo nice, all very willingly. Truly cannot say enough good things about these guys. The hotel itself was very pretty, a few things in the room were slightly haggard, but the convenience of an amazing breakfast along with a microwave and fridge more than made up for some slightly worn carpet. Would definitely recommend, they know how to cater to travelers!

Room Tip: overlooking the pool was nice
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Dear Guest “VickiOmaha”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team at the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport and myself for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of the level of service that we promise to provide to our valuable guests. This is a clear example of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and only great service and cleanliness will made our guests to come back and refer others as well. We value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support.

Every single employee of this hotel prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our guest's expectations every day.

Once again I would like to thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcome you, friend and family member to your home away from home.

The Woodlands, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The hotel is very convenient for those looking to be close to the airport. They have an airport shuttle that runs about every 30 minutes but it is also close enough to the airport for those who rented a car. The staff is very nice and helpful and the hotel is clean. The best part is the free and delicious chocolate chip cookies that awaited us upon arrival -- yum!

There is a small fitness center with dumbbells up to 50 lbs, cardio equipment and a bench as well as towels, water and a scale. I used the gym and was the only one in there but got a decent dumbbell workout in.

The pool is outdoors with plenty of chairs and was popular with people who wanted to take their drinks outside and relax.

ROOM
The room is very spacious with a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is very dated and the shower head could use updating. While the hotel itself was quiet (e.g. you don't hear the planes flying overhead while in the hotel), there were some rude guests who were screaming very late at night while we were trying to sleep. Knowing that most people staying there have an early morning flight I thought this was unacceptable. I told the staff but they didn't seem to care except to say, "Sorry about that."

RESTAURANT
The restaurant at the hotel, the Great American Grill, was the best part of my stay. I was pleasantly surprised to experience some of the best food I've ever had at an airport hotel restaurant. No exaggeration. The restaurant was pretty empty but not for good reason. People probably assumed that the food would be better and cheaper in the area restaurants but that wasn't the case. I had a huge hamburger (probably a half a pound) with a large bowl of extremely fresh fruit (they got it just a few hours earlier) for only $10. The fruit bowl contained watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew, strawberries, pineapple, and oranges and was excellent! The chef personally took my order and cooked my burger exactly how I wanted it: medium rare. I don't eat beef often but this was an occasion where I was happy I ordered it. The burger was juicy and tender and the bun was good too. I really was happy with my dinner and highly recommend eating at the hotel. I wasn't sure if this was the best option but I'm glad I decided to eat there because it was the best option.

The hotel is located with many other airport hotels but it's even better because you can walk to a nearby mini mart/gift shop as well as restaurants (if you chose not to eat at the hotel). The area is safe and there are sidewalks and many people walking around at night so even women walking alone could feel safe.

I'd recommend this hotel without hesitation but I'd ask for a room away from the elevator to make your stay more quiet.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Guest “BloatedBelly”,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write about your experience during your stay at the Hilton Garden inn Orlando Airport.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

We are constantly monitoring the performance of our team member to make sure our valuable guests as yourself is welcome with an efficient and pleasant front desk procedure that provides the accommodations and service you expect. We want our guests to be met with a well-trained staff that puts guest comfort and satisfaction before everything else. I am sorry if this was not your experience. I can assure you that this has been addressed and steps have been taken to make sure situations like this don’t happen again.

Our team prides themselves in the quality of their work striving for 101% to exceed our family guest's expectations every day.

We are looking forward to welcome you, friends and family members to once again provide you with an outstanding level of service and nothing less.

Nantes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I stayed for two nights with my family and was very impressed. I travel all over the world and I normally judge hotels by their staff. This hotel has both superb accommodation and MORE importantly superb staff. The receptionist engaged with my granddaughter asking her about her holiday and made her feel totally at ease in a strange surrounding.Very clean, modern and fantastic beds. We were visiting Disney World and decided to choose a hotel nearer the airport than Disney World to get a trouble-free getaway to the Airport. The drive to Disney was only 30 minutes and was straightforward. This hotel is an excellent alternative to falling into the Disney trap of taking their accommodation which simply does not come close to the HGIOA,

Two examples among several:
I asked at reception for a crib for my granddaughter but when we saw the rooms there were two queen sized beds, one of which was suitable for my granddaughter. We decided to cancel the crib and as I left the room to cancel the crib and the staff were already at the door with the crib, 2/3 minutes after the request. Simple, quick, efficient, customer first, etc etc.

The next example was at reception when I enquired as to where to fill up with gas. One of the receptionists overheard me and came out of the office to advise me NOT to go to the first gas station (Over $6 per gallon!!!) but to drive a mile on to the 7/11 ($3.60/gallon). This simple intervention and local knowledge saved me almost $50! Good work and I will definitely return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest “Danny L”,

Your comments have been communicated to all our associates and posted in our bulletin board as a reminder of the level of service provided by fellow team members; this is a clear example of how much we can impact our guests in a positive way and a job well done.

Grand Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We stayed here for one night before catching as shuttle to our Cruise. The property was modern and well kept. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. They were very helpful in directing us to restaurants in the area. The breakfast was very nice with much variety. The airport shuttle was prompt and friendly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest MikeEGrandIsland_NY,

I would like to thank you on behalf of my team for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your stay.

We know that when traveling our guests have many options to choose from and we value and deeply appreciate your loyalty and support. We want our guests to have the best stay possible where everything is like new, in place, of the highest quality, and in perfect working order.

Palmer, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The area just north of the Orlando airport is full of hotels, so I chose this one because it was tucked back away from the main road. It was after 7:00 p.m. so I was just hoping they had a vacancy. The front desk people were very helpful, gave me the room choice I needed at the advertised price I found online. Room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. Only issue I had is that upon returning to the hotel after 11:00 p.m., there was almost no parking space open.

All in all it was a short but pleasant stay...

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HGI-MCO, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear guest “kjconner”,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport team for your kind comments on our performance and your experience on your last stay.

Alex Blanco

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Orlando Airport? Share your experiences!