“Good night. Wish my conference was here.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
BREAKFAST B4 THE PARKS*
Ranked #131 of 329 Hotels in Orlando
Pensacola, Florida
“Good night. Wish my conference was here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2011

I checked in after two nights at a "golf resort" for a conference (never understood a golf resort when we go back to back for two days). Anyway I checked out of that resort and went down to the Hilton because of price and location. They gave me several upgrades when I checked in that I enjoyed (actually arranged online when booking but confirmed when checking in). I have stayed at numerous Hilton hotels and they always on point for what I am looking for. They pay attention to staff issues, bedding, and general comfort.

My wife had encouraged me to stay here on this trip because of the location to Disney (we are annual passholders). I am happy to report that I took a bus to Epcot and found the time over and back to be the same as we have experienced at Port Orleans and Old Key West. It is right next to Downtown Disney that would have been fun if my family had been with me. My wife was worried that it would be either too formal or too kiddsy (don't think that is a word but) I found it to be a good balance between business casual and child friendly.

I think if you can get the price right this would make an excellent family vacation hotel. I also thought it would have been a great place for a conference. I will be encouraging my group to consider it next year. Only negative was I had to pay for parking, which I didn't see when booking. It was nearly a 8% increase in price (I said I got a good rate:).

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Indonesian first
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2011

As I start all reviews, please take a look and see how many hotels I've reviewed, I'm not a jaded one time traveler. I travel often and feel I have a good base to write a good overall review.

With that said, this hotel was booked because of its proximity to Disney and the "extra magic hours" not to mention I felt I was really getting a 4 star with the Hilton name... I was wrong...Overall the entire hotel is very dated and in need of a MAJOR makeover to compete with other hotels in the area. While we were there they were changing the wallpaper in the lobby, but I can tell you it wont cut it. The hotel screams 1987....

Check in was Very prompt and the tall young man working the front desk was wonderful. You are charged $10 for parking which I feel is pretty outrageous due to the fact were not talking about NYC or Chicago its Orlando, parking is not a premium so that started the stay out to a bit of a sour note.

The room is a basic hotel room, it goes no further than that. Its the classic bathroom when you enter then room w/ bed, desk, chair & tv. The room was clean and the furnishings seem to have been replaced within the last 10 years. Overall the room as much of the hotel lacks any style or that "above average" feel and appearance I'd expect from Hilton. While talking to an employee they said that Hilton Corp just bought the hotel after managing it since it opened and planned on converting it to a Conrad (which I think would be great because what the downtown disney area is lacking is a luxury hotel) I don't know how much of this rumor is true its just what was relayed to us.

It does have a large pool area with tons of towels, the pools are heated and I must say it was wonderful to get in. Its January air temps do get cold but its still nice to swim and be in the sun. The pools as the rest of the hotel is in need of updating and it would be nice for one of the two pools to be an "adult" pool since some of us would like to escape kids screaming, also the hot tubs were filled with children. At one point a young child hit the emergency button that made a very loud buzzer go off. I'm not exaggerating when I say it took over 15 min for maintenance to respond... after 10 min of listening to this, I got out of the pool, got my cellphone can called the hotel who transferred me to "security" who claimed someone was dispatched to respond. If it had indeed been an emergency it would have been far to late to save a life. Clearly they have no policies and procedures in place to handle those emergency alarms, in my book they get an E.

Restaurants were on par with other hotels, we only had breakfast but we had it all 7 mornings. They really push the buffet, but for an adult its $20 and I can justify $20 pp for breakfast. They do allow you to order off a menu which we did and our overall bill for 2 adults was around $25-$30 total. If you do go to breakfast ask to be sat in Kadijas section. Kadija is one of the best servers I've encountered in years, very prompt service, very warm and welcoming even remembered our names. Because of the outstanding service for breakfast is the reason we returned every morning. They have an ice cream counter that is open nightly, the woman working it is very sweet and makes very good suggestions.

The extra magic hours are nice. They let you enter or stay late one park on certain days. There is a downside, because of the Extra Magic hours those parks are always the busy ones because people want to take advantage of extra magic hours. So I found that the parks not offering them are often better because traffic is lighter. If you want to take advantage of them I'd get a park hopper and go to the park that opens early and do the main attractions and leave before it opens for the general public.

Overall would I return to this hotel..... No.... Its not living up to the Hilton name. When we return to Disney (which we do once or twice a year) we'll be staying in a Disney property... There are just so many advantages and it makes the trip so much easier and if you factor in all the hidden costs these offsite hotels nickel and dime you with, Disney hotels are not much more expensive.
Happy Travels! Cheers!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2011

I've stayed in a lot of Hiltons and I have to say that this one was a disappointment. The hotel is rather old and is showing its age. The bathroom is tiny and we couldn't get any hot water.

The free shuttle is nice (parking at Disney is up to $14 per car). The shuttle picks up at Hilton and 2 or 3 other hotels near by. Takes about 20 to 30 minutes to get from the hotel to the park and back. (depending on traffic and people getting on and off the bus.) Pay attention to where you catch the bus to come back as there's a lot of buses at Disney.

Nice to have access to the Extra Park Hours.....easier to get on rides as the park is less crowded.

The breakfast in the executive lounge is nothing special. It's mainly fruit and pasteries, coffee, tea, soft drinks but it's only open in the morning. If you're really hungry, you can walk to the McDonalds which is a few blocks away but not super close.

Valet parking is $16 but self parking is easy and convienent and cheaper. I believe it was $10/day.

I probably would not return to this hotel as there are other more reasonably priced accomodations in the area that will give you the same setting (maybe better) for the money.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
frankfort, illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

Love the downtown location. Love the size of the room. It was clean, staff was very friendly and room service did a great job with getting our large breakfast order right.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

Stayed for a few nights, and we were very happy. The Hotel is ok, the rooms are clean and was big enough for us three. Free shuttle to the parks. The shuttle starts at the hotel so its always available seats.(the bus was full after a few stops at the other hotels) Extra hours at the parks, just show the room key at the entrance. Downtown Disney just across the street!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
st. louis, mo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We booked an 8 day stay at the Hilton in the Walt Disney World Resort over Christmas. We booked a business floor room with a downtown Disney View. The room was clean, and fit our needs. The view was very good, and we were able to watch the EPCOT fireworks from our room. Another great benefit of this resort is they participate in Disney Magic Hours. Each day one park opens early, and one stays open late. This is only for Disney and Hilton Guests. This saves a lot of wait time.

Check In-
There was no wait to check in, and our room was ready upon arrival.

Breakfast-
Business Floor Rooms include breakfast. We ate every breakfast at the Hilton. They had a nice spread of food. Each morning they had Bagels, Cereal, Muffins, Croissants, Fresh Fruit, Scrambled Eggs, Potatoes, Sausage, Bacon or Ham, and Oatmeal. Then they had bottled water, bottled soda, then fresh fruit juice, orange juice, and coffee. The extra we paid for the room we saved on breakfast. We took bottled water and soda to the room with us to take for the park (Disney charges 2.50 for bottled water). We also brought bagels and muffins to the room for an afternoon snack.

Bus Transport-
The buses run every 30 minutes to all the parks, and then twice daily to the outlet mall. Every bus was there at the time they said. However the bus services 3 other hotels. It can take awhile to get to the parks, and you might also have to stand.

Golf-
We booked a tee time at the Walt Disney World Resort. Hilton provided free town-car transportation to and from the course, and Hilton guests receive a discount on Disney Golf.

Pools-
The hotel has 2 pools, and a kiddie pool. Both were clean and heated. They show dive in movies.

Housekeeping-
Room was cleaned by 3 everyday.

Overall we had a very pleasant stay at the Hilton. No problems. The room was clean, and it was a nice hotel.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We got a deal on the Hilton for $99 a night through hotwire, last minute. The only additional cost we incurred was a self parking fee of $10 a night.
Check in was quick and easy. Self parking lot is huge and because we checked in late in the evening we ended up with a long walk back to the hotel. Our room was clean and modern. Nice view of the small lake in front of the hotel . It was very quiet and we never heard noise from the hall or adjoining rooms.

We did not use the provided bus service. The restaurants and cafes in the lobby area were always crowded and had long waits so we passed on those.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!