My wife and I stayed at the Hilton for three nights for a wedding and extended the stay for a little get away. I've read some reviews below about rude staff so I went to the hotel with that in mind but all of them were super kind and helpful. As soon as we arrived we were able to check in right away. They didn't have any rooms with one queen or kind size bed (we had to reserve two double beds) but Pearl at the front desk was able to give us a fantastic upgrade for a minimal fee to a suite with balcony and a king size bed. She was extremely nice and helpful all of the days we were there. The bell hoppers also offered to take our bags up and were super nice every time I had a question. They even called a cab for me when I asked for one right away.
Out of all of the Buena Vista hotels, this one was by far the most aesthetically pleasing and grandeur. The interior decor was phenomenal as well. As for our room, the suite was awesome (included a fridge filled with complimentary beer, soda, water, liquor, etc) and the balcony was fantastic. The only thing that didn't work was the thermometer (it was cold in Florida while we were there and wanted to turn up the heat but wouldn't go past 72 degrees). The safe was also locked and we couldn't open it to use it but it was the fault of the people who stayed there before us, not the hotel's fault. When I had called down to have someone come up and fix the safe, someone came up within 10 minutes but couldn't fix it and offered to send a technician in another 10 minutes. We had to leave to catch a bus so we said it was okay. We didn't have much valuables anyways. Out of apology, we were given a free breakfast the next morning at their restaurant, which was great.
The shuttle services to the parks were also prompt and very useful with our travels to different amusement parks. The hotel is also literally 5 minute walk to Downtown Disney (Marketplace entrance) so it was great to hang out there at night and grab something to eat, shop, or just hang out. FYI, the walk from one end of the downtown disney (Market place entrance) to the other end (where Cirque de Soleil) is took about 10-15 minutes of leisure walking. Not far at all. We also caught a Cirque de Soleil show which was spectacular.
Over all, despite what I read about the rude service and bad shuttle services, we didn't run into any of them. This hotel also offers extra magic hours, so make sure you take advantage of them! It was nice walking around MGM at night when less than half the people were there and we were able to ride everything without having to wait more than 5 minutes. We throughly enjoyed our stay at the Hilton and will definitely come back.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton In Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Hilton In Walt Disney World Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Walt Disney World
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Extra Magic Hours hotel, guests of the Hilton enjoy an extra hour early or three extra hours in the evening at select WALT DISNEY WORLD theme parks. Relax in two outdoor, heated swimming pools, children's spray pool or tropical outdoor spa. Savor a variety of cuisines at one of the seven restaurants and lounges, including the world famous Benihana's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.