“Not bad, but not great.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $99*!
Ranked #131 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Hawthorne, New Jersey
“Not bad, but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Room was ready when I checked in, which was great. View of Downtown Disney from the top floor was really nice, but the room had several things wrong with it. Adjustable showerhead that kept falling, bathtub drain that wouldn't stay open (filled up the tub while showering), outlets near the bed wouldn't hold a plug, hair dryer blew a fuse in the bathroom and nothing worked in there again even after resetting and testing multiple times, tall lamp in front of the window blocked views and made it difficult to open/close the blinds, and the overall room was very cramped and small. After dealing with several outlets that wouldn't work in the room, I called the front desk and asked to change rooms which they accommodated immediately. My second room was pretty much the same as the first without the views, but was a bit lighter and had working outlets. However, this one had a light switch that did nothing and a toilet that needed to be flushed 3 or 4 times (everytime...) before it worked properly. At that point, I was happy enough to have working plugs and bathtub that didn't fill up with water everytime I took a shower, so I let it go.

I have stayed at this hotel once in the past and was very pleased with their accommodations and services. This time, not so much. It's a shame that this hotel is in such a great location (right across from Downtown Disney)...they need to take better care of it. The other on-site amenities were good, they just need to update their rooms.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Indonesian first
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

I am back from a week staying at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista while my partner was there on a medical conference. My partner stayed a hotel the year before that he was not too keen on going back and staying at so being a researcher at heart I choose this hotel from the reviews from this site. I was very pleased overall of the location, employees from the front desk who checked us in to a great room for us while we were there for a week (rm 864). It was lovely to have during that week. I will hope to ask and get something like that next year for the week we will be back for the same conference. I liked the food for Breakfast buffet ( I would love their recipesfor the bread pudding and sauce...YUM!!!). The waitstaff in the restaurant at breakfast to the manager were excellent, housekeepers, the young man in the parking lot booth was very nice and helpful. The bus drivers to the malls, disney locations also were all very good. What a great place to stay whether you are a couple or with kids, it is a place I plan to book each year when staying at our conference. Thank you for a great stay.

****My only suggestion to the hotel is that in the workout room it would be nice to see wipes that you can pull off from the wall to clean the equipment with.It is an excerise room that was well used by many and just helps cut down on spreading any germs. (being in healthcare that is my concern).

Room Tip: Great to get a room that faced downtown disney for the overall look of the place and fireworks, etc...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Hello Mary-Louise M, thank you kindly for your great review. I'm excited to learn you and your partner had such a great time while in conference, and can't wait to host you again. I do appreciate your comment regarding the wipes, and we'll certainly take it into consideration.

Happy Holiday to you and yours!

Best regards,
James Grosso
Delray Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

This Hilton is one of the aging concrete hotels in the Lake Buena Vista area. The hotel is a short walk from Downtown Disney and is very close to I4. The interior finishes have been refreshed to keep it attractive, but they are not hiding some of the rough edges that indicate age.

This time we were "upgraded" to the parlor for a two bedroom suite. The area was very large, but the room was not as nice or comfortable as a typical Hilton guest room and was disappointing. The hotel staff members that we interacted with were very friendly with big smiles. The lobby is updated and has plenty of the amenities that you expect from a Disney location. We also enjoyed the Executive Lounge which is always a treat, but was very busy.

The $18 per day resort fee, even for Hilton Honors Diamond members is annoying since it does not include parking or anything else that we used. They touted the unlimited DVD rentals included in the fee as if we came to Disney to sit in the room and watch movies all day.

The hotel grounds are spacious and the landscaping is mature which gives the place curb appeal.

Overall, not bad just no Wow factor.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Charlottesville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Very disappointed in room quality as well as the hotels inability to provide what was booked. After spending over an hour at check in with poor desk clerk trying to find what was promised, I was put in substandard room. Then I was switched to new room. Which was over 80 degrees when I walked in, had stained carpet, horrible musty smell and stained linens. Given the time it took to check in, I could not switch rooms. (traveling with young child who was up 3 hrs past bedtime at this point). Added to this was housekeeping that didn't show up until 8pm at night, a super expensive resort fee....well, I would say, look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
We appreciate your honest feedback. It's always our goal to ensure guests are completely taken care of and feel comfortable. Your comments regarding your room conditions have been addressed and are not standard at our hotel. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope we can make it up to you the next time you stay with us.

Kind regards,
James Grosso
Weeki Wachee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Gorgeous Hotel, Safety was great....right across from the Disney Village. They gave great coupons for free drinks and had a nice packet of coupons for shopping in the Disney area. The lobby was gorgeous, the options for dining in the hotel were amazing! Clean, and room service was great! I would definitely plan to go back to this are on business or with family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in October this year on our honeymoon.

We chose this hotel because we didn't want to face the mayhem (and the cost!) of a Disney Resort, since it was supposed to be a romantic holiday.

Our first room had an adjoining room, which was being used by a family with young children. After our 2nd sleepless night, we complained to the reception staff, who were happy to move us to another room that afternoon.
Following that we had much better sleep, in our non-adjoining room. I would definitely recommend that people who are wanting a decent night's sleep (which you will following action packed Disney days!) request non-adjoining rooms.

The rooms were ok, good size, decor was fine.

I wished that there was a better breakfast option though. The buffet is ridiculously expensive, and the little store didn't have many choices. We had to make do with a bagel and cream cheese each morning.

I didn't really mind paying the resort fee, since it gave us free access to wifi.

We were happy with the shuttle buses to the Disney parks, and we arranged transport to Universal Studios through the hotel staff. The shuttles were very regular, and we rarely had to wait long for them.

Other than those minor complaints, I was happy with the hotel, and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't get a room that has a door to an adjoining room, there is a good chance they will have you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Next time we would stay in an actual Disney Hotel. The furnishings in our room were old. We are not very picky but the leather chair had leather arms that were torn. We found a big red roach in our bathroom and when I called to the front desk they said, It's Florida". I think you get better service from Disney.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!