“Across the street from Downtown Disney!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $99*!
Ranked #131 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Naples, Florida, United States
“Across the street from Downtown Disney!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Room was great. View of Downtown Disney was nice. Free breakfast. What more could you want? First trip to Disney World. Shuttle Service to Disney parks was really slow, but we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Indonesian first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My family and I were visiting Disneyworld for the first time! Very nice exterior appearance .we were greeted by the bell staff and welcomed right away. Check in was nice. Everything was explained and a nice surprise is that this hotel has access to Magic Mornings at the park as well as the resort fee included Starbucks Coffee, Bottled Water and complimentary internet. We were able to buy our tickets at the hotel. The room was cozy and the bed was so comfortable as the room had 2 queen beds so traveling with an 8 year old..my husband and myself were able to share a nice, big comfortable bed. We had dinner in the grill in the hotel lobby area..the food was great and the beer was cold! They had a small convenience mart with sandwiches and ice cream counter. The location was perfect, very close to Downtown Disney and convenient to all the parks. We had a short stay as we had reservations at another hotel, but wish we would have stayed here our entire trip.

Room Tip: Great location!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
I am so happy to know we were a special part of your first time visiting Disney World, what a great experience! I personally thank you for your great review of our outlets, service and location, and definitely hoped you would've have stayed with us the entire time, but I know how plans fluctuate. We hope to see you back in the near future!

Best regards,
James Grosso
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family reserving 4 rooms the week after memorial day weekend. During check-in the Honors line didn't have a service member helping guests and the regular check -in line was moving smoothly. After waiting 5 minutes I asked where the receptionist was for the HHonors line and I was told that person would be back. When that person finally came back, 15 minutes had passed and 6 guests had already been helped in the regular line, I would of expected more from a high rated hotel. This was unacceptable since I am a Diamond VIP member. Once we checked in I found out only 1 out of the 4 rooms were available. This was ok since we were a few hours early. I had our luggage delivered to the one room and we were on our way to WDW for the day.

Now let me tell you about the transportation to WDW from the Hilton. The good thing about being at the Hilton for WDW transportation (which is not WDW transport buses but Mears Downtown Disney buses) is that the Hilton is the first stop for arriving buses and departing buses. This is a huge advantage since the buses do fill up fast and when you are done with the parks, you want to be off the bus first. That is the only good thing I can say about the bus system. Now the whole enchilada why this system is terrible. To save costs, the buses go to 2 parks every run. A few times we were picked up at the Disney Transportation center and taken to Animal Kingdom right afterwards. What made this trip so bad is, Animal Kingdom had already been closed for 2 hours and when we arrived there, there wasn't a single person in the parking lot and all lights were turned off. I think Mears is trying to rip off these hotels by using excessive fuel and time and charging the hotels. Management needs to check in on Mears and see if they are being efficient. I understand the bus system if not in the hotel's control, but I made sure my concerns were known to the hotel staff. This system has an effect on the hotel guests and their happiness with the stay.

The 4 rooms we had for the week were well taken care of. The beds were made daily and fresh towels were always stocked. I made sure the staff were taken care of when I checked out. The TV's were plenty big and the beds very comfortable. The room was very clean at check-in and I didn't find any signs of prior use. I have no complaints for the room or staff.

I used the hotel pool during my visit. The pool was really nice. I didn't see too much horse-play with kids and the pool was well taken care of. Towels were plentiful and the atmosphere was relaxing. Trash was non-existent and hotel staff regularly policed the pool.

I tried the Bennihana's on the hotel property. This restaurant had excellent food. The servers were extremely polite and took care of my party without hesitation. The only drawback was our hibachi chef. He didn't get into the cooking fun like most hibachi chefs. He cooked the food well, he just didn't play it up enough for the kids to have an enjoyable atmosphere.

Check out went smooth and I give lots of credit to the bellhop. They are extremely helpful and always willing to go out of there way to help guests. I never had problems with them and would recommend using the bellhop for all needs.

I give this hotel a 4 out of 5 only because the transportation to WDW needs to be looked at and the Honors guests need to be prioritized at check-in. This is the first time I have ever had trouble with HHonors check-in and hope this is looked and corrected. Thank you for the nice stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
SPRINGFIELD MO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I recently stayed there with my teenage kids and we had an excellent time. The pool area was above expectations. Having a Benihana japanese Grill and Sushi restaurant connected to the hotel was a special treat. The hotel internet handled the games the kids played on line beter than most. If you have a rain-out at Disney or Epicot there is enough going on in this hotel to keep the kids happy.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hello traveler! Thank you for your review! This is definitely rainy season in Florida, and you're right we have to be prepared for everyone's enjoyment. I am so happy to hear you and your family had a great time. Hope you come visit us again soon!

Best regards,
James Grosso
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I have stayed in many Hilton Hotels and I am a Hilton Diamond member. I have been to many Hiltons at various locations. This location and transportation to and near a major destination(Disney) was very good. The average score starts at check in. I wasn't even welcomed as a Hilton Diamond member. There was a 10 min wait as there was only one Guest representative at the desk. As always, when I have checked in at other Hilton properties they explain where the Members breakfast is located and where amenities are located. The only people on the property who were cordial and very informative were the Valets. As a Hilton Member be prepare for Daily Parking fees and a reduced Resort Charge. I feel for the non-member guests for the unjust costs of an already expensive room. What was the room fee for in the first place? As for the Hilton Member complimentary breakfast area. It was too small for the size of the Hotel and for the many members who trying to find a table to eat breakfast. I don't believe I will go back to this resort again and I will not recommend it to others.

Columbus, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My stay in Hilton Hotel Lake Buena Vista took 5 business days during a conference. The tourist guests were not bordered by attended at conference and vice-versa. This show the quakity of guests and organization of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Billings, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

We arrived in Orlando the day after Thanksgiving 2012, and check-in was easy, hardly a line, and the lobby was decorated for Christmas. The front desk staff was amiable and helpful, even helping us to extend our reservation after I mistakenly booked too few nights - and we got to keep our room.

This hotel has a great many Disney perks for it not being a "Disney" hotel: the view is great (Downtown Disney,) easy access to all of the parks, shuttles running every 15 min or so, and as an added bonus, Hilton guests get to enjoy "Extra Magic Hours" at the parks!

In addition to their lobby cafe/coffee shop, this Hilton (like many others) has a Benihana in the lobby as well, which is nice if you want something other than room service or cafe food.

My only complaint would be that the cafe/coffee shop/food counter doesn't stay open very late so guests aren't able to get a late night snack when returning from the parks.

We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Close to the elevator is always nice, but if you get a chance, book a room with a view of Downtown D...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!