I'll start out by stating that we are members of the disney vacation club and are fortunate to be able to visit several times a year, to the point where we need to book at least a week on a cash basis every year. Onsite disney hotel prices have escalated in crazy fashion over the last decade wherein we now will stay nearby offsite. Typically, we will book the Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress but the Hilton's perk of Disney Extra Magic Hours convinced me to try it via an amazing daily rate (that was less than half the price of the lowest rate I could find for one of the onsite value resorts and the Hyatt) instead despite reading mixed reviews here.
This was an adult only trip and the hotel fit our needs perfectly. We checked in late morning and were surprised our room was ready. Had booked a standard king, nice to receive a 6th floor view of landscaping and hotels in the distance.
We enjoyed our stay here. The entire hotel grounds (including our room) were immaculate, well-maintained and provided an overall peaceful respite from the bustle of the parks; although it does appear that most hotels in Orlando are now going the 'eco' route as to thermostats as to regulating AC temps.
All the staff we encountered were professional and welcoming. I realized I had forgotten to pack a razor for my husband and ran down to the gift shop early the 2nd day of our stay. Unfortunately it was closed but when I inquired at the front desk as to where I could purchase a razor, they handed me one with a smile. I didn't expect to receive any sort of star service at this price point. It's the little things that are the tipping point when it comes to great customer service.
Resort & parking fees have become the norm for most 4* properties near Disney, we just factor it into the the price of the room before we book. At least we enjoyed two starbuck coffees each day along with the reasonably priced baked goods we'd grab for breakfast. Note that parking was convenient and we never had a long walk or issue with finding a space.
Our fellow guests were a mixed bag from extended families to business travelers. We met several convention attendees in the sports bar but there was never any sense of them 'taking over' the hotel as we have experienced at other properties.
The dual pools and hot tubs were adequate with plenty of lounge chairs. It was nice to find a pool with deeper depth. Those with children who expect a slide or giant disney icons decorating the area would likely be disappointed. Since we have annual passes that include the water parks we found the location handy for a quick drive to Typhoon Lagoon when we wanted a more lively experience.
We did find ourselves spending more time at DTD. It was nice to be able to walk over for a decent lunch when taking afternoon break from the parks although we found ourselves driving most times since we tended to either coming or going from somewhere else.
This property is now among our top choices when not using our timeshare for the WDW portions of our Orlando vacations.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton In Walt Disney World Hotel
- Hilton In Walt Disney World Hotel Orlando
- Hilton Hotel Orlando
- Walt Disney Orlando
- Hilton Orlando
- Orlando Hilton
- Hilton Walt Disney World
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Extra Magic Hours hotel, guests of the Hilton enjoy an extra hour early or three extra hours in the evening at select WALT DISNEY WORLD theme parks. Relax in two outdoor, heated swimming pools, children's spray pool or tropical outdoor spa. Savor a variety of cuisines at one of the seven restaurants and lounges, including the world famous Benihana's. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Olotels, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Amex, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.