“Perfect spot for Downtown Disney and the Worlds.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $99*!
Ranked #131 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Seattle
“Perfect spot for Downtown Disney and the Worlds.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We needed a place for one night at the end of the trip. Wish we'd stayed here longer. Across the street from the Downtown Disney Marketplace, it was perfect for last minute shopping. Spacious rooms, refrigerator, usual Hilton amenities. The bed was too bouncy for my liking. Disney transport from back door. Market in lobby with foods, snacks, sandwiches, treats, drinks. Everything you could need for a stay of several days to save a few $$$. Room service was prompt (25 minutes as stated) and hot and delicious. The price was right through Expedia, $99 per night. View of the freeway, but no ambient noise. Tried to find a massage nearby, but none were open.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Indonesian first
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

My review may be slightly tainted by the bad weather that seems to be plaguing Florida these last few days. The Hilton is decent. It's clean and the staff are friendly. I'm here attending a conference and I think what's preventing me from giving it a 4 star is the food choice.

For breakfast and lunch, there's Covington mills. It's very standard and unimaginative. For breakfast they have the standard $20+ for the buffet. The only neat thing is that their waffles are in the shape of Mickey Mouse. Lunch was cooked to my specifications - medium burger and I also received the biggest pickle ever... It was like someone cured a cucumber but that was quite delicious with all it's preservatives I'm sure. I do have an allergy to tap water and none of the water here is filtered so beware when you order the American style ice tea... Conference services provided us with a lunch and a dinner... Still,nothing very fancy. The main was too salty, desserts too sweet. I judge by where I eat. Fact of my life. I did have dinner at the Benihana restaurant. That was nice and surprisingly very affordable for teppanyaki/hibachi style (meal is cooked right in front of you on a big steel heated surface). I, again, didn't feel that flare that would earn them 4stars.

The location is quite nice. They have extended hours. The shuttle to all the Disney theme parks is available. And downtown Disney is across the street. Although to be honest, downtown Disney isn't all that it is cracked out to be! And how come adults can't be princesses?

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
It's truly our pleasure serving you and I'm glad to hear that your stay with us is going very well. I was disappointed to hear that our dining offerings were not to your total satisfaction , but truly appreciate the feedback. I will be sharing your comments with our culinary team and hope I will have an opportunity to meet you during your stay.

Kind regards,
Charleston, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

We thought we'd found an exceptional value for the Hilton Lake Buena Vista at about $90 a night on Travelocity but we didn't anticipate the additional $45 a day we'd be charged for taxes, parking and resort fees, so it was $550 for 4 nights on Spring Break week, still a good value though. Location is within walking distance to Downtown Disney. Not much to do there except eat, drink and shop and spend lots of money, so if you're on a budget I'd avoid it and hang out at the Hilton's pool, it was really fun and nicely maintained. There's a small cafe there that is family friendly with good food and a meal was only $15 per person as compared to the $50 per person at DT Disney. There's a Japanese hibachi restaurant in the hotel that had a combo special that would have fed all of us for $60 but the 20% discount card the hotel gives you doesn't apply there. Breakfast is not included with the room and we didn't want to pay $20 per person at the hotel restaurant so we packed the small fridge with breakfast. No microwave though, so beware. We needed a special key from the front desk for the safe, they forgot to tell us that when we checked in, so we wasted 20 minutes trying to figure it out. The rooms were thoroughly cleaned daily and although they were small, I have to say they were very comfortable! Watch your kids carefully at shower time, the water comes out powerful and scorching HOT. As an adult however, I have to say it was heaven! It was super steamy and so soothing after a long day of walking at the parks. The other thing I was really pleasantly surprised about was our view... all we saw was tree tops. It was so green and beautifully landscaped with lush tropicals and the sound of all the birds by the pool make you feel like you're on a caribbean island. We have stayed at all ends of the Disney resort spectrum from the Polynesian to the AllStar and I think this was truly just as good! The bus ride is 15 minutes and we still had the same early entry into the parks that the Disney resorts have and it was SO worth it! We rode all the big rides by 10:00 am and had fast passes for a second time around while we enjoyed the parks instead of waiting in line. The only thing I would forwarn is that when you leave the parks you definitely want to take into account the weather, the time and how exhausted your kids are. You have to wait in an open parking lot (freezing cold, blazing heat, or pouring rain) and it can take up to an hour. We made the mistake of leaving after fireworks at the Magic Kingdom and even though we were among the first in line we were almost trampled by people who tried to cut in front of us since they were going to have to wait for the next bus. My kids were hungry and absolutely exhausted by then so we probably should have skipped the fireworks. In the end that's about the only thing I think you pay Disney $150 a night more for... an option to see the fireworks from your resort and faster transportation... not worth it to me!

• Stayed April 2013
Easton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ideal location, complimentary Disney Shuttles and only a 5 minute walk across the street to Downtown Disney. Another Benefit to staying at this Hilton - Disney Character Breakfast is available on Sundays and EXTENDED Magic Kingdom hours also available on select days. The Hotel Staff were nice and accommodating to meet our needs especially being a family of 5! The rooms were clean, the beds were comfy and hotel was quiet - no complaints all compliments as result of our recent stay. Breakfast was easy/a store on site if you needed some last minute items (sunscreen) and two restaurants on property as well. Most importantly, considerable cost savings with staying @ this Hilton Property compared to a family of 5 staying @ a hotel on Disney Property.

Room Tip: Request A Room with a view so you are not disappointed at arrival - Hilton will do the very best to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed here for a conference a few weeks back. The lobby is grand and inviting; with a Benihana (which I think is overrated, honestly, but nonetheless, its there) and Italian restaurant (which was delicious!) on property, plus a great quick grab cafe with pre-made sandwiches and sweets, drinks, OTC medicines/ sundries, fresh scooped ice cream and a coffee bar.

I have stayed for a week at the Bonnet Creek Hilton for my family vacation last summer; it is a few miles away, and we actually had the option to stay at Lake Buena Vista, and now that I have been at both, can compare them. This review compares this property to Bonnet Creek, (which I found to be stellar in just about every way, and a perfect family vacation Hilton property).

On Lake Buena Vista:

Rooms were spacious, though bathrooms could have used an overhaul, to make them more modern and usable for family stays (more than a day or two with four people in the room) like other Hilton properties, but definitely served the purpose and was tidy and clean. Walls seemed thin; **this is a somewhat exceptional situation that I have't experienced in years of business travel** I had one night that I needed to call security as my next door neighbors let their infant scream constantly all night from 1 - 4AM (I am a mom of twins, so I get it, and I let that go for a while, but finally hit the boiling point). It was as though the child was in my room; I was a little surprised that the sound wasn't more dampened.

Daily continental breakfast for HHonors members was sufficient to start the day for sure - cereal, bagels, hard cooked eggs (the only protein), though I wish they'd offered something hot other than the oatmeal/ bread. Fresh fruit and a meat and cheese plate were also served which was good.

Staff was welcoming and accommodating. They were helpful answering questions and directing people to what they needed. They were polite and friendly.

Shuttles run very regularly from the hotel to Downtown Disney (which is actually only a ten minute walk out the back door if you choose to hoof it), and all of the Disney Parks, but not Universal or Sea World, you need to use cabs (about $20 to and from) for each of these - call Mears shuttle, we found those to be the best deal.

Lake Buena Vista was LOADED with kids. While there were may kids at the other property, it's much more spread out, and has great outdoor areas for them to hang out, so they weren't on top of one another, as I felt they were at LBV.

The pool area was nice, not nearly as large as I had expected, and not nearly as grand as that at the Bonnet Creek Hilton, for a kids vacation, we'd certainly prefer that outdoor hotel oasis (multiple pools, lazy river, etc) at Bonnet Creek to what was at Lake Buena Vista. When taking a day off form the park, I don't want to compete for chair space at the pool; I'd expect that is a major issue during high season.

Would I stay there again? Maybe - since my conference will be there again next year, but if the Bonnet Creek Hilton is available and has a comparable rate, I would choose Bonnet Creek over this one for a few reasons:

1. The room (BC rooms are larger and nicer, I think, they also have a salon offering to enlarge the standard single room to give more room for families)
3. The amenities in general - more dining options, more space, kids club, kids activities, etc...
4. Much more comprehensive continental and traditional breakfast offerings for HHonors members - BC offers you a trade-in option for a full buffet for only a $4 difference (no option like that at Lake Buena Vista) - makes a difference when feeding a family and trying to watch meal expenses, and time taken out of the day to dine.

If you chose the BC property, you will lose proximity to Downtown Disney (BC does run shuttles, though) as its not a walkable distance from the Bonnet Creek hotel, so if that is an important consideration, then Lake Buena Vista may be the better option. Other than that, all things equal, and Bonnet Creek being a 10 on my scale, I would give Lake Beuna Vista an 7.5.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

I got there at 4pm on Friday only to find out my room wasn't ready. Waited 15 mins and ready to go. The food $ was outrageous and parking really $13 a day. I had a visitor and they had to pay for the 2 he's they were there. The next morning I washed my face in the sink only to smell throw up. I look in the sink and it obviously wasn't cleaned properly there were splashes in the sink and on the towel. Also the washcloth also had some on it as a well as some other moist cream substance. Brought it to the attention of the front desk manager and all I got was sorry about that I'll have security bag it. Never mind I wiped someone's bodily fluids on my face and the stench is still lingering. Really?.... Nor was I asked if they could do anything to compensate. Wow I worked customer service for 15 yrs and this would never fly. Would never recommend this hotel. And front desk manager might want people to take her more seriously if she changed her shirt from yesterday.

• Stayed March 2013
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had with housekeeping missteps .during your stay. I appreciate your speed in bringing these issues to me and allowing me to follow up with our team, ensuring that you and future guests are taken care of. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know.

Belle Chasse, LA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We chose the Hilton on their reputation, location and their park transportation. The room was clean but dated. Very small sink area - crowded for two people. The thermostat did not go below 68 degrees. There was a marked delay in changing channels with the remote. The in-room refrigerator barely kept things cool - even on the lowest settings. The breakfast buffet was $20 per person - a bit overpriced for the quality and selection of food. Those were the cons. However, the staff was TOP NOTCH! Shuttles to the park were great, location to Downtown Disney was good, too. Beds were very comfortable after a long, exhausting day at the parks. Only wish there were more affordable fast food options within walking distance as the food in the hotel and Downtown Disney is overpriced!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your kind words on our staff and location and we will incorporate your input on our dining options and guestroom appointment into our ongoing efforts to meet and exceed our guests' expectations. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

James Grosso

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!