“Leveraging off the location” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $99*!
Ranked #131 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Vancouver, Canada
“Leveraging off the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista as this hotel was selected as the host hotel for a work related business conference and convention.

As expected the main selling feature of the hotel is the close proximity to Disney World.

The poolside atmosphere was pleasant and it offered a great place for a break from business and conference and convention activities.

The rooms were high quality maintained and serviced.

The front desk operations were efficient in checking in and checking out guests.

All said, a very pleasant stay and a very good hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Indonesian first
Boonville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Dear Hilton Corporate Officers: Wed. March 6, 2013: On late Sunday evening, (March 3) my wife and I arrived by auto at the very fine Hilton Orlando-Lake Buena Vista Hotel on Lake Buena Vista Blvd. At once we were greeted curb side, or rather car door side, by a Mr. Greg Posso, Stephen and Eric, all members of your very fine Valet Parking staff, who were on duty. My wife and I were tired from a long flight into Orlando. I wish to express my sincere thanks and appreciation for the very prompt, lightning fast, very courteous good humored and efficient service in unloading our baggage and then at the same time securing our rented car for the night. Your Valet gentlemen were the first impression that I received of your hotel chain - and they were the best!! I am writting to express my sincere appreciation for all that they did and do. On Monday afternoon, it had become apparent to me that I no longer needed my rental car, and your Valet Staff, headed up again by Mr. Posso and Stephen and Gregg went out of their way to assist me with my rental car negotiations - that inspite of being very busy assisting new arriavals at your hotel. I wish to express my sincere thanks to those gentlemen, and to your entire staff here at the Hilton Orlando-Lake Buena Vista. Everyone here works very hard and is tops in their endeavors. Sincerely yours, Carl W. Trainor, Boonville, NY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great location if Downtown Disney interests you! Five minute walk at most! We loved the hotel however the sleeping rooms need a makeover! Carpets are old, bathroom feels dated and the door wouldn't stay closed- door jam off? If the rooms got updated I would give this a higher rating. For as little time spent in the room it really didn't bother us. Great food in the Italian restaurant! Buses were on time and convenient. One of the Pools is under construction. I was disappointed that there wasn't a water cooler and cups out at the pool nor bar service. There was no music playing either so I did not like the pool environment even though it looked pretty. We would stay here again. Many great things about this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
Bridgetown, Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in July 2012
Staff is amazingly friendly
Rooms are roomy and clean
Beds are comfortable
Within walking distance to downtown Disney
Great place to stay (:
Main Street market is a fully stocked convenience store, with a great deli section, and fresh fruits
Meeting rooms are clean, roomy and comfortable, as well as the ballrooms

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

A great hotel with excellent location - across the street from Downtown Disney. Staff was wonderful, room was excellent. I was upgraded to a Jr Suite and it was very nice. The room was quiet even with a convention of teenagers staying there. Will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Stayed here twice and the service was pretty consistent. The last time we stayed on the concierge floor - nice well appointed room with a view of DTD.

Use the self parking rather than the valet. The valet service is good but self parking will save a few $$.

There is a car hire (AVIS) in the hotel which we used on the last trip. The hotel is within 5 min of DTD and there are shuttles operating if you need to use them. Shuttles also operating to and from the parks and magic hours included for guests.

ON our last trip we also stayed on the Holiday Inn and given the pricing we would prefer to stay there rather than the Hilton but that is just a personal preference. I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel three times so far, and my most recent visit was as good as always. Beds were comfy and clean, bathroom clean, shower clean. Easy check-in and check-out. The prices are unbeatable for a quick Disney weekend vacation. I booked last minute, and the price was still only $99. Finally walked from the hotel to Downtown Disney this trip and it was only about 5 minutes.
There were about 600-800 teenagers staying in the hotel for a business conference this trip and it made my family's stay not so fun. Our last night, the teenagers on our floor went knocking on doors and even "pranked called" us. I was quite appalled that it was happening. We did request more security on our floor, but it did not stop the teenagers. Security could have been a bit tighter with so much chaos going on.
Overall, I will stay again. It is still my favorite Downtown Disney hotel!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!