“Location, location, location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #135 of 327 Hotels in Orlando
New Brunswick, Canada
“Location, location, location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay at this hotel, chosen again mainly because of the hotel's location across the road from Downtown Disney. Although the hotel was very busy for the Christmas holiday, staff was friendly and Hilton Honors members breakfast very efficient in a large ballroom. There is plenty of parking and self-park is easy and close to the hotel. Enjoyed the pool area with lounge chairs and umbrella as well as lunch outside on a beautiful day. This hotel knows gluten free and I was able to have a gluten-free BLT and toasts in the morning! Downtown Disney is also great for food allergies and we discovered gluten free fish and chips as well as onion rings at Ranglan Road at DD! Our only negative comment about our stay is the housekeeping. We would often leave early in the morning and come back late afternoon wanting to rest before dinner but on a few occasions our room was only cleaned at 5PM. We also noticed that our bed linens weren't changed during our entire 10 night stay! We did not complain, by choice, as we realized the hotel was most likely full and the housekeeping staff were probably doing the best they could. Everything else about our stay was ok and we would certainly return to this location if we'd want to be in the Disney area. This is an older Hilton hotel but it is well kept and staff is very friendly!

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thank you for writing a review for our property and choosing the Hilton Lake Buena Vista for your recent stay. We’re happy to know that you enjoyed the location; pool and that were able to meet your dietary needs. Your feedback about housekeeping is incredibly important to us and we are taking your comments into consideration as we improve on our on-property experience. We hope you have an opportunity to visit us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
  • Indonesian first
philadelphia, pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is the only non-Disney hotel that has the coveted 'Magic Hours' that let you in to the parks early or allow you to ride the rides later than everyone else. The magic hours vary by the day so plan accordingly. If you are going at a crowded time these magic hours are a must so you aren't waiting all day for 1 ride. The location of this hotel is great, just across the street from Downtown Disney. They also have shuttles to each of the parks running all day which aren't as good as the monorail but get you there and back.

The hotel itself is nice, good sized rooms, clean and friendly staff. Nothing amazing about it but definitely a lot cheaper than the Disney hotels. I'd recommend it!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Paymoto, Thank you for the review. I am so please to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and had a chance to experience some of the great amenities we have to offer here at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista. We hope to see you very soon.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I'm not going to write a terribly detailed review here, I just want to sum up my experience at the Hilton Orlando LBV as one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. This was a quick New Year's Eve stay for 2 nights. Normally I'm very cost-concious and am a La Quinta kinda guy. I like nice but don't like to pay for luxury. I was already turned-off by the fact that there's a self-parking fee, that the Internet isn't free and that they pretty much REQUIRED me to let them bring my luggage up to my room. So I was prepared for Gouge-City.

But by the time I left, my perception had reversed 100%. Yes, I paid the self-parking fee and yes, I paid for the Internet access. But in fact those were included in the price I was quoted and thus I was prepared for it. We (another couple stayed there with us along with their kids) also were happily suprised that we got a very nice full-breakfast included. I'm not saying it was Embassy Suites kind of breakfast, but certainly upper-tier. (Scrambled eggs, ham one day, sausage the next, breakfast potatos, and just about any type of bread/muffin/bagel type thing you could think of. Apparently this breakfast is NOT available to all customers, but it was to us for whatever reason so we gladly took advantage of it.

The hotel is also an easy walk to Downtown Disney, which was great on the first night we were there. We got to stroll around and see various performers and all the Xmas deco. I don't think I'd ever been there before at night, but it was really fun and, had we more time and less kids, we probably would have stayed longer (and drank more!).

We also happily happened to have gotten reservations at a nearby Benihanas that our other couple really loved. Oh, did I say nearby? It was - and this was completely unplanned - IN the hotel! They have two pools, and two hot-tubs as well that we did not get a chance to experience, but they looked terribly inviting and some day we will return!

The room was pristine. The shower/toilet "room" had its own separate sink from the outer/closet area which worked out well while we prepared so two people could get ready at the same time. Internet connection and speed were perfect. Beds were awesomelly comfortable (though I still have to say that I prefer Radisson's Sleep-Number beds, but only by a little). Every employee was cheerful and helpful.

Obviously the hotel has been there for a long time, but it proved that the age of the buiding has little to do with the services it provides and we alwasy felt that we were in a Resort, not a Hotel. While parting with anything over $100/night leaves me a big queasy normally, I left feeling I not only got my money's worth - but far more. Oh, and I never DID take my car out anywhere! I never needed to!

Love you Hilton LBV! We'll be back again someday!

Room Tip: I don't have any basis for judging any but the room we stayed in, but I suspect all rooms are ex...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1BlueDragon1, Wow! What a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time in expressing how you felt we met your expectations. We pride ourselves in hospitality and hope that in the future you will return and make Hilton LBV your home away from home. We’ll be waiting!
florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed here many times before but they are in the midst of a update. The lobby and rooms are beautiful. My husband is Gold HHonors so we were upgraded to the 10th floor and they have added coffee makers ( which they previously did not have). Because of the large holiday crowd they did breakfast for gold and diamond buffet style in a ballroom. It was fantastic! No crowds easy in and out and good food.

We had a relative take the shuttle bus with a wheelchair and they remarked how easy it was to use the lift to get in the bus.

Every Customer Service person we met went out of their way to be helpful.

Take advantage of the early park days that comes with staying at this hotel, it does make a huge diffrence in lines.

The location is great. My only complaint is the resort fee. That's insulting. Just factor it in your rates, it is not for any extras and you know with Disney right there people do not use your facilities that heavily, quit the fee.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the road are quiet. But you can ask for a room so that you can see the nightly...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Faithlavin, Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family. We certainly hope that you enjoyed the wonderful amenities as one of our HHONORS members. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the resort service fee.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I extended my trip to Disney and needed to find a new hotel that could accommodate six guests. I was cautious about Hilton Buena Vista given some negative reviews. I'm very glad I didn't let those reviews impact my decision. This hotel is in a great location across the street from downtown Disney. The rooms were clean and spacious. Perfect for my family with 4 kids. The hotel lobby is nice with great kids breakfast (Micky waffles) and a late night convenience shore. The staff is friendly and all the amenities you would expect from Hilton. Great stay, great value, great location.

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Let's start with the positive--the location is very convenient if you want to be near Downtown Disney. You can leave your car parked at the hotel and walk, avoiding hunting for a parking space in the DD parking lot (by dinner time the lots in DD are jammed). The room was spacious. We requested a room at the end of the hall and it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable, but it was not a true king (as advertised), it was narrower and shorter than a true U.S. king. The staff we encountered was good.

On the downside, the room was dark, even though there were several lamps and a couple of ceiling lights. The lamps all appeared to have the new energy-efficient light bulbs. The lighting in the desk area of the room, and to a certain extent the bathroom, too, was not adequate.

Regarding the bathroom, it is showing some wear and could use some help. It is quite a small room, definitely a one-person room. On the plus side, the shower is good and the tub is clean.

I would recommend this hotel based only on its location near Downtown Disney.

Stayed December 2012
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy appliances and outside traffic. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and we appreciate that you notified us. However, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,
James Grosso
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Booked a room for 3 nights. Was given a corner unit. Door had to be slammed to close. Room looked old and cramped. If you have more than 2 very small suitcases, it will be hard to move around. As an example, the small fridge was literally next to one of the beds because there's no where else to place so you could hear it humming as you try to sleep. Room was also noisy from the traffic outside and whatever equipment ran at the time. Not sure if they are all like this. A/C wasn't working at first. This was at at 1AM. Lady at the front desk wasn't too friendly at that time and seemed annoyed when I brought up the issues with the room. Manager in the morning said that she would transfer me to a different room. I hope it will be better this time. We'll see.

Pros
Great location. Just across Downtown Disney. Staff in general was friendly and helpful except for one or two. Shuttle bus to the park picks up from this hotel first before going to the other 3 more hotels.

Cons
Bad traffic being across downtown Disney. Corner unit room was terrible. Avoid room 812 if you can.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!