“Updated and great customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
SUMMER RATES FROM $79
Ranked #117 of 328 hotels in Orlando
florida
“Updated and great customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have stayed here many times before but they are in the midst of a update. The lobby and rooms are beautiful. My husband is Gold HHonors so we were upgraded to the 10th floor and they have added coffee makers ( which they previously did not have). Because of the large holiday crowd they did breakfast for gold and diamond buffet style in a ballroom. It was fantastic! No crowds easy in and out and good food.

We had a relative take the shuttle bus with a wheelchair and they remarked how easy it was to use the lift to get in the bus.

Every Customer Service person we met went out of their way to be helpful.

Take advantage of the early park days that comes with staying at this hotel, it does make a huge diffrence in lines.

The location is great. My only complaint is the resort fee. That's insulting. Just factor it in your rates, it is not for any extras and you know with Disney right there people do not use your facilities that heavily, quit the fee.

Room Tip: Even the rooms facing the road are quiet. But you can ask for a room so that you can see the nightly...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Faithlavin, Thank you very much for your review. We are very glad you enjoyed your visit with us and we appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton family. We certainly hope that you enjoyed the wonderful amenities as one of our HHONORS members. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the resort service fee.

2,157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

I extended my trip to Disney and needed to find a new hotel that could accommodate six guests. I was cautious about Hilton Buena Vista given some negative reviews. I'm very glad I didn't let those reviews impact my decision. This hotel is in a great location across the street from downtown Disney. The rooms were clean and spacious. Perfect for my family with 4 kids. The hotel lobby is nice with great kids breakfast (Micky waffles) and a late night convenience shore. The staff is friendly and all the amenities you would expect from Hilton. Great stay, great value, great location.

• Stayed December 2012
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Let's start with the positive--the location is very convenient if you want to be near Downtown Disney. You can leave your car parked at the hotel and walk, avoiding hunting for a parking space in the DD parking lot (by dinner time the lots in DD are jammed). The room was spacious. We requested a room at the end of the hall and it was very quiet. The bed was comfortable, but it was not a true king (as advertised), it was narrower and shorter than a true U.S. king. The staff we encountered was good.

On the downside, the room was dark, even though there were several lamps and a couple of ceiling lights. The lamps all appeared to have the new energy-efficient light bulbs. The lighting in the desk area of the room, and to a certain extent the bathroom, too, was not adequate.

Regarding the bathroom, it is showing some wear and could use some help. It is quite a small room, definitely a one-person room. On the plus side, the shower is good and the tub is clean.

I would recommend this hotel based only on its location near Downtown Disney.

Stayed December 2012
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy appliances and outside traffic. Your comments will help us to improve our guest experience and we appreciate that you notified us. However, I'm terribly sorry for the inconvenience. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kind regards,
James Grosso
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Booked a room for 3 nights. Was given a corner unit. Door had to be slammed to close. Room looked old and cramped. If you have more than 2 very small suitcases, it will be hard to move around. As an example, the small fridge was literally next to one of the beds because there's no where else to place so you could hear it humming as you try to sleep. Room was also noisy from the traffic outside and whatever equipment ran at the time. Not sure if they are all like this. A/C wasn't working at first. This was at at 1AM. Lady at the front desk wasn't too friendly at that time and seemed annoyed when I brought up the issues with the room. Manager in the morning said that she would transfer me to a different room. I hope it will be better this time. We'll see.

Pros
Great location. Just across Downtown Disney. Staff in general was friendly and helpful except for one or two. Shuttle bus to the park picks up from this hotel first before going to the other 3 more hotels.

Cons
Bad traffic being across downtown Disney. Corner unit room was terrible. Avoid room 812 if you can.

• Stayed December 2012
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Nice hotel with two major benefits: (a) good price for the location and (b) access to extended morning and evening hours at the Disney parks. This is advertised as the only non-Disney hotel affording its guests use of the additional hours. Arriving early is the key to enjoying any Disney park, especially if you plan to ride the more popular rides. Beginning at mid-day, the lines are excessive, even in the off-season. Stay in a Disney hotel if you can afford it, as the atmosphere is wonderful in each of the Disney hotels at which I have stayed. This one works well if you need two or more rooms. Nice staff, clean rooms, good service. I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Auburn, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

This was a very nice facility, with excellent service and wonderful people helping make a holiday Disney vacation go smoothly. From check-in to check-out and throughout the stay the people were exceptionally helpful with questions, insight and suggestions. Maggie checked us in, and with a plethora of things they do for you, from transportation, to breakfast to scheduling, she prepared us for a plan to utilize the benefits of staying on Disney property such as magic hours, to using my Hilton status for breakfast etc. The room was nicely appointed. Yes, the bathroom is a bit small, but the room itself was nice, comfortable and roomy. Perfect for a Disney recovery room. Access to the parks via transportation provided by the hotels was very timely and again, the drivers were helpful when needed. Downtown Disney shopping is basically across the street. Dining on site has multiple good options from the quick market to quality dinners. The only thing I would suggest (and it didn't apply to us) is that the weekend Hilton Honors breakfast was in a loud setting. I would make sure that you don't get a room close to that area of that floor. It was a loud walking towards it from several rooms away. We were on the other end of that floor, so it wasn't an issue, but I have read accounts where it was, and I can see why.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Quebec City, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed starting 12/16/12 for three nights. Stayed here before in 2011. Everything was ok with our stay to begin with. But a major mishap with the phone system caused four wake up calls at 4 am on the morning of the 18th. I was here on business and this was unacceptable. Called to complain and was accused by the operator that I set up the wake up calls. When I had set up the wake up calls for the 17th they told me they could not do multiple wake up calls so the four time wake up call on the next day was impossible for me to set up. Anyhow this went unresolved.

Had another reservation for four nights starting on 12/21/12. Due to the fact that I could not cancel nor change without penalty, and we had put in one nights deposit, we decided to make stay short to only one night and check out early. As long as we told them by check out time they would not charge early departure fee. Told front desk about incident on the 18th and although they apologized, they were not interested in hearing about it or solving it. So I'm ok now to take my business somewhere else.

Fees (parking, resort) are annoying. This is a hotel that allow the extra magic hours at disney so that might work for you. But beware that employees seem to not care.

I am HHonors Gold and did get free water, internet, and breakfast. During the Christmas time-frame they do hold the breakfast in a larger room in the lobby. But only access is during breakfast hours (7-11 am). Meats change each day so if you like one kind, your are out of luck. Soda's are available but only Sprite and Sprite Zero. Selections are basic continental with choice of one meat (changes daily), eggs, and potatoes.

Finally bed in our room was too soft and felt like it was falling apart.

Room Tip: Upgrades to jr. suites do not offer park views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
I'm terribly sorry to hear about the series of mishaps you experienced while staying with us. I'm reviewing your comments with our team to investigate why you may have received 4 consecutive calls and I apologize if it seemed like we were not initially receptive to your feedback. We pride ourselves in great service and clearly missed the mark this time. We appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member and can assure you we value all of our guests business and support. Thank you for alerting us about your experience so we can improve and we hope that you will come back and see tell us how we're doing.

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!