“Definitely stay here. Ignore the snotty people who give this hotel bad reviews” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista

RATES FROM $99*/NIGHT!
Ranked #122 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We read some pretty ridiculous reviews on here when we were picking where to stay. One person was very irate because the shower curtain wasn't ironed. So of course that was the first thing we checked when we got to our room and... they were not ironed. Here's the kicker: who cares? Honestly!

The room we were in had a king bed, had wonderfully soft bedding, had free Wi-Fi and included continental breakfast. The Hilton has shuttles to the Disney parks and a 24 hour convenience store. Who could ask for more?

But wait... the concierge was extremely helpful and all the bellhops were always smiling at us. The maids were great and even folded our towel in the shape of the collared shirt one day (very cute).

We didn't use the pools at all so I can't comment on that but everything was great. The view from the 9th floor (where we were) is great. It makes it look like Orlando has lots and lots of trees everywhere (though apparently all we saw was Disney property but still). The location was good, super easy walk to Downtown Disney.

I don't have a single bad thing to say about the Hilton. One note: despite the little card that says towels that are hung up with not be replaced, we got fresh towels everyday. Admittedly, that is a weird pet peeve of mine and so far, this is the case in every hotel I've been to. Just a note for management though.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Wow!!! Definitely stay here. We like that. That is music to Mickey’s ears. We appreciate the great review and we are so happy that you enjoyed your visit. We have so much to offer our guests, great accommodations, complimentary transportation to the Disney parks, outstanding team members and a fabulous location. We’re so happy that you got to enjoy it all. Come back soon. We’ll be waiting.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Indonesian first
Venice, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Yes, the location is great and the price very competitive considering the location, but after many years of staying at the property for both business & pleasure, I won't be returning anytime soon.

Hilton has added a $20.00 per day amenities fee which is to cover internet service 1 cup of Starbucks coffee & 20% off their restaurants. Since an ever-increasing number of us have internet via smart phones this so called amenity is quickly becoming obsolete. They might as well offer free fax service. Of the 4 on property restaurant outlets, 1 is under closed due to renovations and the other is not permitted. Seemingly, I paid $20.00 per day for 1 cup of Starbucks.

Rooms come equipped with refrigerators which is always a nice plus, but mine was broken. Upon advising housekeeping, the refrigerator was removed from it's cupboard and left in the middle of my guest room floor until I called again.

The bus service to Disney parks is generally efficient but not beefed up for peak hours. At the conclusion of the fireworks at Magic Kingdom there was a mob scene of everyone trying to squeeze themselves into the one bus that arrived to service 4 hotels. A mini skirmish broke out as someone jumped the line to get on the bus & an elderly couple was pushed aside. The number of people that jammed onto the bus had to exceed all safety codes as it was an absolutely dangerous commute from the park to the Hilton.

Hilton--shame on you!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from elevators if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
JamesGrosso, General Manager at Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm terribly sorry about the unsatisfactory experience you had and we're reviewing your comments so we can make the necessary improvements. Your remarks regarding the extra amenity fees lets me know we need to reevaluate guest needs and make adjustments to our current offerings. I've also spoken to our maintenance team about the broken fridge so that does not happen in the future. We've passed on your feedback regarding additional shuttles to our third-party transportation partners so we can make any feasible changes. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and hope you will come back to see our improvements. We welcome any additional suggestions you have.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I booked a Junior suit hoping it would be sufficient for 3 adults and one child. It was very spacious and made our 5 night stay very relaxing and at home. Customer service was excellent in every way. Very close to Downtown Disney. The rooms were very clean and the extra sink/vanity is handy when the bathroom was occupied. Everything was catered for in this hotel, which is very handy.
Only downside was that the complimentary Disney world shuttle was only every 30 mins and it was ok in the morning but when you are tired at night and wanting to come back to hotel, it did not pick up at the times specified.

Room Tip: Junior suits are good value
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

If you are looking to stay close to Disney without playing a crazy premium for a Disney resort, this hotel is for you. The rooms are nice and comfortable but the main attraction is this hotels close proximity to Downtown Disney. It's a short walk over to Downtown Disney and from there you can catch a bus to any of the parks or hotels.

• Stayed December 2012
Lakeville, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

Just stayed the last 6 nights. Five minute walk to Disney Market Place, spacious rooms, very comfortable bed. Bus service was great, as Hilton was always the first stop in the "A" bus schedule, so always got a seat. For the price you would pay for a Disney value resort, the Hilton offers so much more in comfort an space. When we checked in, our room was next to Interstate 4, and was concerned about the road noise, but the room was very sound proof and this was not an issue. This is the second time we've stayed at this property and will definitely stay here again during our next trip to Disney.

Room Tip: watch for AAA specials! Usually under $100.00 per night.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tamarac, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

I had a 2 night business trip come up at the last minute. I booked a KING room with Hilton Honors points and then paid for a KING room for the 2nd night. We arrived late in the night... self parking here is $13 and valet is $20. I didn't feel like having to park the car so late, so we decided to drop it off with the valet to handle. I left my wife outside to hand the car over to the valet and went inside to check in.

I was greeted at the counter by a women who quickly found my reservation(s)... she informed me that they were sold out of KING rooms and would have to put me in a room with 2 small doubles. To make up for the downgrade in room, the clown offers me free internet, 2 free cups of coffee and free breakfast. Well... here's the funny part... the internet and coffee are supposed to be included in the Daily Resort Charge of $22 (plus tax) per room, per night, that is added to the room rate. So basically... she offered me things that I was already paying for... forget about even caring or wanting these things... I was already on the hook for the $22 per day. The only thing of value offered was the Breakfast, which I have no intention of using, since I have business to attend to in the morning off site!

I took it in stride... took the keys and the imaginary freebies that I had to PAY for and then went outside to see what was taking my wife so long. I noticed neither she nor the car was outside... and neither was the valet attendant. The mystery was solved a few minutes later. In a nutshell... the valet had to go into the hotel to help someone else on staff DRAG a guest who needed assistance to get into the hotel. He really needed a wheelchair, but it seems that this fine establishment is lacking in such amenities, so they DRAGGED the guy in over their shoulders with his legs DRAGGING across the floor. I didn't notice since I was dealing with Ms. Congeniality at the front desk. My wife ended up self parking in a lot almost 2 blocks away. She had given up waiting for the valet after 10 minutes outside and no one in sight. When she filled me in on what happened, I went back to the front counter... this time i'm angry... to tell Ms. Sunshine to remove the valet charges from my account. But make no mistake... they're still going to make sure to charge me the $13 for self parking... there's no courtesy here!

I head upstairs to go to my room... I get upstairs and walk ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE FLOOR... and find the room, in a corner, next to the stairwell, behind a turn off from the rest of the floor. I have to make 12 attempts to get the key card to work. I know how to use them... I practically live in hotels... but there's obviously something wrong with the card reader. I was almost about to walk back downstairs to get new keys when I finally got it to open. I wish it had stayed closed, since what I walked in to find was a room that's essentially a glorified broom closet. Seriously... a broom closet. The room has weird angles and is tiny, as if it was built as an after thought to fit into space left over on the floor. There's 2 1/2 feet of space between one of the beds and the dresser.. everything is on an angle... there's a beat up small little mini fridge on the floor by the bed against a door leading to the room next door to me, and its making very strange noises. I would have gotten a better room at a Motel 6... instead I have the honor of staying at a Hilton RESORT property (I know this because of the $22 per day RESORT charge)... It doesn't feel like a RESORT... funny... it feels more like a BROOM CLOSET!

By this time i'm furious.... I PAID for a KING and was DOWNGRADED to a Broom Closet in the far corner by the stairwell with 2 tiny double beds... i've had to deal with a front desk clerk who clearly didn't give a damn about helping me out, except by offering me things that I HAD ALREADY PAID FOR and a valet who had to drag a disabled man across the floor of the hotel. Now, I'm aware... people suffer far worse in this world... but base on where I am and what I had paid for, with this "RESORT" Hilton in Walt Disney World... I would expect to be treated with a little more service.

Since I wasn't going to deal with the clown at the front desk I called Hilton customer service. They spoke to the clown at the front desk who told them the hotel was sold out. Funny thing is, there seemed to be plenty of higher level rooms available on the website to reserve... so I can only assume she was lying. They were kind enough to offer to move me to a hotel... 40 miles away..., which obviously wasn't going to work. They did offer to return my points to me... but that was about the extent of what they could do. Now I have to deal with someone downstairs in the morning to try and get moved to another room for tomorrow night. Chances are, I'm just going to move to a different hotel. PLANNING TO STAY HERE? DON'T! SERIOUSLY, STAY AWAY... UNLESS YOU LIKE BEING TREATED LIKE GARBAGE AND STUCK IN A CORNER BROOM CLOSET!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Just finished a 2 night stay, we have stayed here many times in the past 10 years. We paid additional for ther 'business floor' so we could eat their very light breakfast. At 8am over have the small breakfast room were kids under age 10 all out of control/ excited about a big day at Disney. I guess in the future we will book 5 miles away from Disney and eat at IHOP. At the time of booking they failed to mention "resort Charge Amenities" which of course included free internet. We left the lap top at home... oh well, next time we will have the pick the booking agaents brain. Next annual visit I think we will look for a Hilton Garden Inn.

Room Tip: ask all the questions at booking as they tend to forget some information at this hotel. Paying extra...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!