“Very nice hotel that I would return to” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
WINTER RATES FROM $99*!
Ranked #130 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Olathe, Kansas
“Very nice hotel that I would return to”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

I must say, I really enjoyed my 4 nights at the Hilton on Hotel Plaza! I was here for a conference, and from the start (check-in), I felt very comfortable at the hotel. It was clean, the staff was friendly, and I enjoyed the atmosphere...you know how some hotels try to be so trendy that they lose the comfort one expects from a hotel? I feel like this place nails the medium in being kinda trendy and new while still feeling like a place I want to sleep in at night.

Common areas and rooms are both very clean and kept up quite well. Rooms are spacious, but none have really good views. The pools are large, nice and the whole area is very relaxing (though I imagine it can be ridiculously crazy during summer weekends). Beyond that, it's your typical hotel - expensive but decent food and drink, comfy beds, nice TVs with good channel choices. Being across the street from Downtown Disney is a great addition.

I would certainly return here.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (354)
  • Indonesian first
West Lafayette, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

Well, certainly an acceptable hotel but not one that lives up to its advertising. We were comfortable enough but did not feel we received value for what we paid. On the plus side was the location and the staff which were uniformly very pleasant and eager to be of assistance. Also a plus was that our conference group was able to negotiate inclusion of free wifi as part of our room rate. Another plus was that the room's safe was large enough to fit my laptop - something that does not occur at all hotels.

On the negative side was a room (on the 9th business floor) which we paid extra for, that had a less than attractive view overlooking the roof of the hotel, a business floor lounge that served a rather basic breakfast and was only open to 11 am. Not even an evening cocktail hour! Almost everything, water, drinks etc was priced several dollars higher than comparable hotels elsewhere (but probably par for the course at Orlando). I did not find any indoor whirlpool.

Transport to the hotel from the airport was only by commercial shuttle.

The hotel meal functions (we were there for a conference) were well attended and served. but expensive. The food was better than normal meal functions. Other hotel function costs were very expensive and certainly not value for money.

Overall, my sense was that this hotel would benefit from updating. Also, make no mistake, this hotel is NOT a Disney hotel and the Disney system differentiates it from those within its own system. But, the hotel is within easy walking distance of Downtown Disney and the hotel is served by a free transport system that takes you to the various Disney Resorts.

Typically I stay at Hyatts and Marriotts, most recently at Crystal City in Arlington, and my impression is that these offer more than this Hilton did. The Marriott's beds and bedding are far more comfortable -- at least for our taste.

The bottom line? Our next trip to Orlando will not have us use this hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the fountains and not one that overlooks the roofs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton. We booked a business center package that included internet and daily breakfast and it was still cheaper than a lot of other places. Room was clean, spacious enough.

We opted to rent a car because we wanted to come and go as we pleased (plus we got diamond parking through AAA so that wasn't bad at all at the parks). FYI parking is $10/night

It is also nice they have a Benihanas in the hotel. During the weekdays they have a great happy hour menu for rolls and appetizers.

Big perk for staying here - you get extra magic hours for the Disney Parks.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Essex, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

This was our first visit to orlando in five years and our best yet. The Hilton was a quality hotel and large enough to cater for all needs. What we particularly liked was that they accommodated and cared enough to cater for our request for my wifes birthdaysand also took enough trouble to email us back prior to going, this really made our vacation. We are generally fussy and were given a great comfortable room. Lovely pool area which was quiet and relaxed as mostly the other guests were attending conferences. All of the staff were fab especially Wainwright the valet with his kind word and smiley way every day, couldn't recommend it more highly. Thanks Hilton, we'll be back.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
singsongs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I stayed here for 1 week as part of a conference. For the price of $160/night, the experience was great. The hotel is within walking distance of Downtown Disney. The rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and friendly. Transportation buses run to the Disney parks every 30 minutes, which is very convenient. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the front of the hotel. The backside faces the highway.
Aurora, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed for two night at this hotel which is withing walking distance of Downtown Disney. The rooms were very reasonable, had everything we needed, and the beds were comfortable. However, everything here has a cost associated with it. Internet, parking, etc. We went to Sea World and wanted to get our tickets online (saved $10/ticket) but had to pay $5.00 to use the internet and print out the tickets. self parking was $10 per day. The people were friendly for the most part. My daughter and I hung out at the pool both nights and it is a great pool and hot tub area. I added the breakfast when I made the reservation and while it was OK, it probably was not worth the extra $30 per day for the two of us. I would definitely stay there again as the nightly rate was very reasonable for this close to Disney.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Uxbridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

We stayed only one night. No freebies at this hotel! Internet access for a $$. Even in the business centre - insert credit card for $0.25 per minute of internet use! Ridiculous!
Front door staff - could not understand the man, could not figure out what he wanted me to do with the car/luggage. I dropped my daughter-in-law off at the front door, with our luggage, and figured out he wanted me to drive around back. Instructions were very unclear on how to register! Front desk staff very standoffish.
The best part? The 'marketplace' - staff were great, friendly, and helpful! Would not stay here again. Wasn't worth the money!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!