“Old, worn, & tired Extended Stay property” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row

You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Equity Row, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #231 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Union City, New Jersey
“Old, worn, & tired Extended Stay property”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stayed here a couple nights, since I had to stay in Orlando extra days due to bad weather back up in the Northeast. I got a great rate via Priceline, but was a bit concerned once I started reading the TripAdvisor reviews. The hotel appeared to be built sometime in the late 1990s and hasn't been updated since then. The carpeting, kitchen, furniture, etc all showed moderate age and wear & tear. Extended Stay really needs to invest in this property to bring it up to 2014 standards, otherwise it'll be stuck at its current budget motel-level standards. The staff was nice & helpful & the laundry facilities were useful. The only catch was that after I put 4 quarters into the laundry detergent vending machine, nothing came out. After complaining to the front desk, they gave me one of their spare detergent packets. The free breakfast was quite basic, having coffee, breakfast bars, & oatmeal packets (no protein items). On the plus side, the wi-fi was free and a good connection. Also the pool area was a bit worn, however the heated water made it nice for a quick dip. Since I got a good rate via Priceline I'd say I'm satisfied with my stay, but I would not pay full price for a room here, unless they went through a major refurbishment.

Room Tip: Get a 3rd floor room, so you don't hear footsteps and banging above you when you try to sleep.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
David - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our helpful staff, free Wi-Fi and our laundry facilities. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast and the overall condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. Your feedback will be very helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sor@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Spring Hill, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is one of the most horrible experiences I’ve had after booking a hotel. I was excited about my New Years Eve reservations at Universal and decided to use priceline’s help me find a suitable hotel. I checked in at the Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row hotel around 9pm and when I opened the door to the room it reeked of cigarette smoke. The room was so dirty, the chair had what looked like blood stains on it! There were multiple stains on the sheets and pillows the room was just so filthy I knew I couldn’t sleep there even for one night!! At that point I immediately went to the desk and complained, I was told they had nothing else available, I asked for my money back and to check me out, she took my key and replied that I had to contact priceline for a refund and I checked out! It was a huge inconvenience to have to take time out of the night to secure another hotel room before going to the park. I would never stay at this place ever again I was extremely disappointed!

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have stayed in quite a few Extended Stay hotels. I like them because they are cheap and no frills but clean and safe. This one is a lower standard than any I have stayed in before. I will say the staff was always pleasant. One night at 2:30AM (in December!) 8 adults were partying in the pool. This involved a lot ot screaming and loud laughter. I called the desk and they took care of it. What I didn't like was the smell of everything. Hallways just smelled bad. My room smelled like old chinese food for the 9 days I was there. Also everything was the cheapest quality possible. The bed was so hard I considered sleeping on the floor - it actually felt like there were metal bars in places on the surface of the matress. The counter top was not attached to the "facing" (?) of the cabinet in the bathroom - there was at least an inch gap. It had no dishwasher. The breakfast was granola bars, muffins and coffee. Worst - this is a very inconvenient location. Will not return to this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The challenges you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am committed to making sure the hallways are monitored on a week to week basis as well as the upkeep.

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at sor@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

all thumbs down. would not, will not recommend this chain (Extended Stay) to anyone else. there really isn't really much more to say, other than what I have written in the comments section. just beware when making you're plans to stay here.

Room Tip: Pre-screen your room first!!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The staff here makes an above and beyond effort to make me feel at home and the facility is always clean. The fact that they take animals makes it even better, as on occasion I have my sons and grand-dogs join me...

Room Tip: Folks come and go, so if you are a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the exit doors.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

This place is not the cleanest, my room smelt like a wet dog, the hallway walls and carpet need a lot of attention, not well maintained at all, the price and the grab-and-go breakfast was the only positive.

Room Tip: read the reviews
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Kilgore, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

thumbs up for 3 night stay........my wife and i enjoyed our king suite room with a good kitchen for enjoying a quiet dinner for 2.......we were not disappointed any.......everything was clean and comfortable.......also, we were by wal-mart, good for our dinner.......we swam in the pool and relaxed while having fun swimming...this hotel is highly recommended by us...

Room Tip: alot of walking in rooms, good floor space
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row? Share your experiences!