You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Equity Row, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #231 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Great hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Boy talk about unnecessary complaints. This hotel couldn't be anymore comfortable for my husband and I. We were planning our trip for months so that means I searched online everyday for hotels and read reviews good and bad from probably every hotel in orl. Check in took maybe 5 mins and thanks to ALLI she made our 6 day stay very pleasant. We had no problem with our room or bathroom,neva saw suspicious people hanging around or heard any noise while we were there. This hotel could be out the way if your not driving but if ur jus relaxing, the plaza across the street has a little shopping and dining for u.There is a Walmart and dollar tree across the street so u can gt grocery an cook ur dinner or lunch or mayb even breakfast because they usually just have muffins an tea,coffee or cocoa. As adults we were capable of cleaning after ourselves so having a maid cleaning after us wasn't needed.We went the first wk of March so we cudnt enjoy the pool while there because of the cold but we did go one evening an it was clean and was cleaned during our stay. We had no problems getting fresh linens(THANX ANTOINETTE),our phone worked an so did our television. I have no complaints about my stay at homestead and definitely will stay here again.Thanx for a great stay and beautiful smiles!!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

ok for the price. hallways smelled, so did room but turn on the AC and a little febreze and the room was ok, but do not turn off AC when you leave the room or you have to start over with the air freshener. some staff do not know enough about places in the area. Bed too hard for my taste, not enough TV channels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

Pros: under $50 night, cooking facilities in suite, pool, across from Mall, flat screen TVs
Cons: carpets in elevators dirty and worm, bathrooms tired, chipped mirror, rooms are tired.

There are better options in the area, like Extended Suites deluxe next door or hotels near International Drive. If this was ur first intro to Orlando, you'd be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The cleanliness of this hotel is terrible! I can not stress this enough the hallways smell badly and as soon as I went to take a shower we found what seemed to be pubic hairs in the shower curtains and tub so disgustin!!!

I happened to have a terrible allergic reaction when going into the room and laying on the bed and I am sure it was from the bed comforter which looked dirty and old like it has never been washed; We were staying for more than 2 weeks in the hotel so we wanted to swap rooms as I kept sneezing none stop! Eyes were extremelly red every time i layed on the bed, my boyfriend asked the lady at the front desk of we could switch rooms and all she said was "is probably her problem you guys should bring your own bed sheets and that should help" what?! Own bed sheets in a hotel?! Seriously we aske her again the next day and she refused to help so we waited until some one else was at the front desk to switch rooms.

They dont clean the rooms daily unless you stay there for more than a week which we have and our room still hasnt been cleaned yet im surprised people don't get infections at this place. I don't think I will be staying here again

• Stayed March 2013
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Due to all hotels being booked in Orlando near my office, I booked this one. I have never in my life smelled such a horrid room! It was reminiscent of a bar bathroom. If the smell wasnt bad enough, the carpet was sticky, bed hard as a rock and the light switches did not work. Will never stay in a Homestead again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Yorkshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

The studios are cheap - that's a fact. I accept that cheap means very basic and I'm always prepared to accept it won't provide everything I need. BUT no matter how cheap it is there is no excuse for dirty and smelly.
Hygiene seriously lacks in this hotel just like its neighbour next door (which is why I tried this one).
There were PUBIC hairs in the bathroom and inside the cupboards under the sink. The carpets throughout the hotel are VERY dirty and stained (especially) in the hallways. The smells are awful but after 5 minutes inside the hotel you get used to them, but always feel you need to shower.

Now I've covered the hygiene problems, there's the staff. The staff are indeed very nice people but are not willing to help in any way at all. For example "can I borrow some scissors, a phone charger, a corkscrew perhaps"? NO was was the answer.
The facilities are SO SO basic I had to purchase some essentials from Walmart.

Breakfast is terrible too. It's a grab and go table. But there's only coffee - no cold drinks like juice or water. Unhealthy muffins and high calories breakfast bars. Don't these guys know anything about nutrition?

Despite all the above comments, it's cheap and basic and I WOULD stay here again because I only use it to sleep. But there still no excuse for a dirty and smelly hotel room.

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were fine. The hotel needs to be remodeled, but it was pretty inexpensive. The hotel was very busy. We couldn't find a luggage cart, I had to carry out my luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for the first or second floor.