“Good for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Equity Row, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #235 of 328 hotels in Orlando
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

The staff was pleasant and helpful. The rooms were fine. The hotel needs to be remodeled, but it was pretty inexpensive. The hotel was very busy. We couldn't find a luggage cart, I had to carry out my luggage.

Room Tip: Ask for the first or second floor.
Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We stayed a week and saved a ton of money. The staff was always friendly and helped us with directions. The pool was basic, but fine. The rooms looked worn, but were clean. Everyone seems to cook in there rooms, the hallways smelled like a buffet of all kinds of food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ohhector
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Checked into my hotel room in the afternoon, after a very long day of travel and work. The hallway to the room had a weird odor, sorta like a faint smell of a meat deli. I get to my room, and don't immediately notice the different odor that it has, due to the smell of the hallway. I bring my bags in, unpack, and shower before I head out for food. I noticed a weird smell but I figured it was just the hallway smell leftover, and I go out. When I get back a few hours later, the room STINKS. The middle section smells like a box of old shoes. It was such a strong, pungent odor that my allergies went nuts.

I visit the front desk, and the associate refused to help. She kept repeating "if you had told me something when you first checked in I could have switched you." Her point of contention as to why she couldn't switch me was two fold: the cleaning crew was gone for the day, so they couldnt clean up the room I left, and that she would have to explain to her manager why she switched my room hours after the fact.

HELLO!!! There is no time limit on things of this matter...true, it's best if done immediately after checking in but there was not a big issue at the moment. And let's say it was a different issue...like let's say the smell came out of nowhere later on, or I found a bug in the bed, or the toilet wouldn't flush, what then?

So I pressed this point, and she kept giving me unhelpful comments reiterating the same bad excuses she gave me before. She mentioned that "well there's no Queen beds anyway, so i would have had to have give you a room with doubles." I asked if she had any King sized bed rooms open and she said since it's more expensive she couldn't change the room. She flat out refused to reach ANY sort of accommodation for me, due to her laziness.

Unfortunately since this was a late hour and I had a night full of reports to do for work, there was nothing else I could do.

The hotel itself is ok...the outside is really nice, the paint scheme is fresh and hip, but the inside is a bit dated. Most of the rooms I saw open (through the windows) seemed to be just as old inside as the one I had. Bed was very stiff (not firm...stiff, out of cheapness) and the pillows were not good. Shower and bathroom were a nice size. Kitchen area looked clean but I wouldn't have risked cooking with the pots and using the plates they had, the whole cabinet and stove top area just had an unclean feel to it...needs to be updated.

Basically, this hotel is a gamble...I would have rated it 2 stars but the service just dropped it to 1. I'm sure if you got someone who cared a bit more about doing their job properly than the lady that helped me, and you ended up with a room that didnt smell, you might be ok (assuming you could deal with the meat deli smell in the hallway). Also, bear in mind that since this is a long-term stay hotel (even though you might have only booked a day or two online), they do NOT do daily housekeeping. Happens on a weekly basis only, unless you pay them.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that doesn't smell. Also, rooms on the first floor near the side do...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
ESDAreaManager, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, August 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Orlando - John Young Parkway. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels, other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada."
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Not many luggage carts - you may need to wait for one. I expected a room with a bed-Kitchen area and small living area. There was no living area. One bed and one chair. With 2 people one person gets to sit on the bed to watch the small TV. Only 2 pillows and if I to use the bed for a sofa to watch TV, I begged for a 3rd pillow for a back rest. Air conditioner fan is always on or always off. The fan noise gets irritating by morning. The curtains didn't close completely but a slipper or two on the window ledge can hold them in place. TV had no CNBC (business) or Sun sports(baseball). Except for the things already mentioned the rooms were fine. . Clean and quiet (occasional dog barking). They had a pool but didn't provide towels- I never used it. No exercise room. Staff was friendly. It isn't supposed to be 5* and was OK for what it was.

Room Tip: Only 3 floors- There is an elevator- all seemed quiet- none I saw had balconies or anything differen...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Linthicum, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Overall, liked the hotel but the property is in need of some rennovation. My room had obvious ceiling water damage from the floor above me and their AC unit in that room. Upon check in, I had to clean the entire kitchenette and bathroom with bleach cleaning products. All of the dishes, counters, cabinets and kitchen items had a sticky film residue - not sure what they are using to clean but buyer beware if you are someone who likes a clean kitchen and bathroom like me. When they talk about a "fully stocked kitchen", you get three full dish plates, 2 bowls, 3 smaller dish plates, 1 sautee pan with lid and one small side dish pan with lid. I could see someone staying here on business or not with kids making this kitchenette work but it would be difficult if you chose to do serious cooking. Also, as prior reviews mention, front desk staff needs serious attitude adjustments (but that may be Orlando in general) and moldy, musty smells in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

After staying in affilated hotel, I was really excited about visiting Orlando and spending time in a Homestead. Once we came into the hotel, the feel of the inside was nothing like my prior experience at the affilated hotel. The hotel felt smog, the carpet smelt, and the hallway lighting wasn't warm. The hotel staff was extremely nice, they even went out their way to have some important papers for my sister printed out. The hotel room was large and came with all the amentities as promised. However, I didn't feel comfortable using the dishes, the dishes looked very old and stained. Good thing there was a Wal-mart, Dollar tree and Publix very close by. Needless to say, we purchased our own plastic plates, bowls, utensils, and cups from Wal-Mart. I tell you we didn't want to use any of it. The over all FEEL of the hotel, is really close to poor.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Staysea,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Orlando - John Young Parkway. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hotel in bad shape, rude staff, very irritating atittude. Limited service, I can understand, but drawers, hangers, and curtains falling off,, and unhappy staff at frontdesk who couldtn't care less about about the guests are turning this stay at Homestead very frustrading.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family