“Minimal but OK” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4101 Equity Row, Orlando, FL 32819 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #230 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Florida
“Minimal but OK”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Not many luggage carts - you may need to wait for one. I expected a room with a bed-Kitchen area and small living area. There was no living area. One bed and one chair. With 2 people one person gets to sit on the bed to watch the small TV. Only 2 pillows and if I to use the bed for a sofa to watch TV, I begged for a 3rd pillow for a back rest. Air conditioner fan is always on or always off. The fan noise gets irritating by morning. The curtains didn't close completely but a slipper or two on the window ledge can hold them in place. TV had no CNBC (business) or Sun sports(baseball). Except for the things already mentioned the rooms were fine. . Clean and quiet (occasional dog barking). They had a pool but didn't provide towels- I never used it. No exercise room. Staff was friendly. It isn't supposed to be 5* and was OK for what it was.

Room Tip: Only 3 floors- There is an elevator- all seemed quiet- none I saw had balconies or anything differen...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Linthicum, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Overall, liked the hotel but the property is in need of some rennovation. My room had obvious ceiling water damage from the floor above me and their AC unit in that room. Upon check in, I had to clean the entire kitchenette and bathroom with bleach cleaning products. All of the dishes, counters, cabinets and kitchen items had a sticky film residue - not sure what they are using to clean but buyer beware if you are someone who likes a clean kitchen and bathroom like me. When they talk about a "fully stocked kitchen", you get three full dish plates, 2 bowls, 3 smaller dish plates, 1 sautee pan with lid and one small side dish pan with lid. I could see someone staying here on business or not with kids making this kitchenette work but it would be difficult if you chose to do serious cooking. Also, as prior reviews mention, front desk staff needs serious attitude adjustments (but that may be Orlando in general) and moldy, musty smells in the rooms.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

After staying in affilated hotel, I was really excited about visiting Orlando and spending time in a Homestead. Once we came into the hotel, the feel of the inside was nothing like my prior experience at the affilated hotel. The hotel felt smog, the carpet smelt, and the hallway lighting wasn't warm. The hotel staff was extremely nice, they even went out their way to have some important papers for my sister printed out. The hotel room was large and came with all the amentities as promised. However, I didn't feel comfortable using the dishes, the dishes looked very old and stained. Good thing there was a Wal-mart, Dollar tree and Publix very close by. Needless to say, we purchased our own plastic plates, bowls, utensils, and cups from Wal-Mart. I tell you we didn't want to use any of it. The over all FEEL of the hotel, is really close to poor.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Staysea,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Orlando - John Young Parkway. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

Hotel in bad shape, rude staff, very irritating atittude. Limited service, I can understand, but drawers, hangers, and curtains falling off,, and unhappy staff at frontdesk who couldtn't care less about about the guests are turning this stay at Homestead very frustrading.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Homestead Orlando - John Young Parkway. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Winter Garden, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Needed work done on our home, so we only stayed a couple nights. The staff was very friendly and laid back. The rooms aren't cleaned unless you stay a week, but you can't beat the price. Very convenient to walmart, shopping and highway.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

This hotel was awesome. It was my first night staying in a hotel and it was good. I am very spectacular about were i stay so i spent about two hours searching for the right hotel but im glad i choose this one. The rooms are clean and spacious. It has everything for your own little comfort. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone and i can guarantee that i am going back. guess what the price is incredibly low, just a great bargin.

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Our family stayed 4 nights here last year and it was very convenient location across from walmart and other fine stores, close to the florida mall and main streets that connect you to the main attractions like sea world, international drive (for cheap but good quality merchandise) and of course universal and disney. we felt safe and the staff was very friendly.

will be staying again this year there.

Room Tip: 3 floor of course. safer and quieter.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Orlando - Southpark - Equity Row? Share your experiences!