“Nice place for families & close to Disney” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista to your Saves list
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   2305 Hotel Plaza Boulevard, located in the Downtown Disney Resort Area, Orlando, FL 32830-2811   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
RATES FROM $129*/NIGHT!
Ranked #65 of 326 Hotels in Orlando
Virginia
“Nice place for families & close to Disney”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Been staying at Double Tree's a lot this year and though they are similar they all have
their distinctive difference. This particular Double Tree has location, location, location.
Rooms are set up with a kitchen, living room and then a bedroom with two queen beds.
TV's in both living room and bedroom.
Nice for families coming to Disney. Shuttle is right out front of property so no reason to deal with the traffic.
Breakfast service is the best they surely hustle to get you settled in and served. The Continental
breakfast is average but the Chef is there for Omelets etc., and does a great a job. They
seem to know you got to get going quickly as possible because Mickey is calling.

Last stay was for a conference and they did a decent job and the service was very good.
Price is right everyone wants to help you, go stay enough room for the kids and the room is
priced right. Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
salt lake city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed 8 nights, 8/29 - 9/6. 2 Adults / 3 kids (9,6,2) in room 1. 2 adults in room 2. Redeemed Hilton points for both rooms.

There are plenty of things to love about this hotel. But there are also some very frustrating things that need to change to get a better rating.

Pros:
Rooms: The suites are huge. We had 5 guest in 1 room and had plenty of space. A table with 3 chairs, pull out sofa, TV, and small kitchen make up the main room. A sliding door separates the king bed/bedroom and bathroom from the main room. Loved the rooms. Plenty of space. Beds were great. No complaints. If you have a family and are doing Disney it's probably impossible to find rooms this size for a reasonable price.

Food:
Onsite hotel food was good. Diamond HHonors get free cold breakfast (waffles, cereal, toast, fruit, etc) or for $6 you can upgrade to the hot breakfast. Food was good.

Pool: Huge pool and hot tub + a small splash park. Also has a tennis court. We really enjoyed the pool.

Disney Shuttle/Transportation: this was a mixed bag and not anything the hotel can influence. It's just good to know for planning purposes. It's very convenient to take the shuttle. It's free and almost always had seating space. It picks up for every 30 mins right outside the hotel. However, it's at least a 30 min drive to the parks. Especially coming home as it stops at 3 hotels first and each shuttle goes to 2 parks. By the time you wait and get dropped off it could be an hour. There were times it was frustrating and times we didn't mind it. Just know, it's not a 10 minute drive.

Note: several posters said it's walking distance to Downtown Disney. I personally wouldn't walk it. I'd guess it's a 10-15 min walk, longer with kids. But the shuttles take you so no need to walk.

Cons:

House Keeping: I wasn't impressed. Poor job replenishing shampoo, conditioner, toilet paper. We had to go to the front desk after we ran out and they weren't replenished.

Front Desk Staff, Front Desk Manager, and Hotel GM: The front desk messed up my reservation charging me double points for the stay. All I tried to do was switch rooms. Front desk coded something wrong and after I returned home, I saw an extra 200K HH points were deducted from my account.

Once I realized that I was overcharged, I called the hotel. In the span of 1 week, I left 4 messages with the Front Desk Manager explaining the error and asking her to call me. She never returned my calls. Frustrated, I call the Hotel GM and left him a message as well. He also is yet to return my call. I have been working with Diamond HHonors Customer Service who recognized the hotel error, contact the Hotel and now 'thinks' the hotel is in the process of crediting the points.

For an error that was clearly caused by the front desk, you would think the hotel would return my calls, apologize and let me know they are resolving it.

Overall we enjoyed our stay but it's hard to recommend a hotel that overcharges you 200K HHpoints and doesn't return calls or immediately try to fix their error.

Assuming the points get refunded, I would probably stay here again in the future just for the suite. I'll just be sure not to ask the front desk staff to make any changes to my reservation.

Lakewood Ranch, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel was OK. Staff was very nice. Pay for parking policy dumb. $19.00 for valet; 15 for self park. Valet closes at midnight so if you are returning after then (stay at park late) then it is useless. Resort fee - why pay? Nothing special and so many other options without fee in the area. The beds were not queen beds, but only full size. Not really large enough for two adults. Mousesaver deal gets you better room rate, free internet, and free breakfast so you can overlook some of the drawbacks. Otherwise, recommend staying somewhere else.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Daytona Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I stayed at this hotel back in June and had a few issues with staff and couple with room. I went back to Orlando for Epcot Food and Wine Festival so I thought I would give hotel another chance with me. I am very glad I did they totally redeemed themselves with me. The room was clean as can be. The food I ordered from restaurant was delicious. I had a couple cocktails at bar and Mercedes was excellent. The highlight of my visit was the person who worked at front desk named Ben. I remembered him from previous visit (he was good then too) but he remembered me and totally made me feel as a welcomed returning guest. I have nothing negative at all to say other than I enjoyed my stay very much and would definately recommend hotel.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Overall our stay was not too bad. The front desk staff were super friendly and the rooms are beautiful. Our issues stem from housekeeping banging on the door at 8:30 am and then again at 8:50 am trying to get in the room to clean it. The front desk did give us some delicious cookies for the inconvenience. My other issue was I had left my fit band in the shower when we checked out and realized later so we called the hotel and I was going to try to get back out there to get it but my schedule changed and they said they could just ship it to me, so I agreed. Then the next day I get a call from the place that is shipping it to me and they want $26 to ship back a little plastic bracelet. They said the hotel is aware of their fees and us them exclusively, they charged $6 for a small box, $6 to pick up item from hotel, $5 for insurance to pick it up and $9 to ship. I have left larger items in hotels before and they just sent them back for free especially I live less than 60 miles away. Bad customer service on that end. Probably would not stay here again, as a hhonors member I kind of expect a certain level of service and they have fell short.

Room Tip: Higher level floors
Viera, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Just checked out from an overnight stay . Great staff from check in to breakfast this morning. Louree in the restaurant at breakfast was great. Rooms were very nice, comfortable and quiet. Well done to all. Will recommend to anyone coming to the Disney area for a just a night or a long term stay. Well done!

Stayed September 2014
Deerfield Beach, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed at DoubleTree's before and this was a very nice one. We had a one bedroom suite that was roomy and very nice. Staff was wonderful and very helpful. It is close to Disney and in walking distance of Downtown Disney where you can catch shuttles to all of the Disney parks.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista? Share your experiences!